shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher Love

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all. I''m new here. BF and I just decided to get engaged and now the ring shopping begins!

I know I want an asscher cut diamond...and I guess what I''m wondering is whether the royal asscher cut is really worth the difference in price? Our budget for a ring is between $6000-8000. What do you think we can reasonably expect to get...and considering that is our budget, is the royal asscher even worth looking at?

Does anyone here have pics of their asschers, royal or otherwise, they''d be willing to post?

Thanks!

kechal

Rough_Rock
I too am in the market for an asscher cut, particulary a Royal Asscher to upgrade my wife''s original setting and diamond. I am by no means am I an expert but here is my two cents. I am looking for stones in the 2.5 -2.75 ctwt range with min of H, VS1. Prices have ranged from mid $20Ks to min $30ks depending on the diamond. I have looked at a bunch of Royals and non-royals and they have all been very nice diamonds. I have heard that below 3ct you do not get the full benefit of the extra 16 facets on a Royal. The 2.75 I looked at sure looked good to me. I also looked at a 2.5 G, VVS2 non-Royal and it is a very nice diamond. I am having trouble "pulling the trigger" and I want to look a bit more.

I think it really boils down to finding a good quality diamond YOU like. In additon to color and clarity you should look at table and depth percentages. I have heard a rule of thumb that says both should not exceed 65%. Althoug, the Royal Asscher web site says table of 55%-60% and depth of 70%. I beleive the Royal need a greater depth to accomodate the extra facets. Whether or not the 65/65 "rule" is true or not is still something I am trying to determine. It certainly is not on the Royal Asscher. My personal opinon is that if your budget is $6k to $8k you would be better off with a non-Royal Asscher. At that budget level I think the money would be better spent on better color or clarity or size. Good luck and congrats!
9.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the price range your looking at the a well cut asscher is for most people a better pick then the RA.

Check out www.goodoldgold.com

They can get more than whats on the website.
There isnt a PS vendor that keeps a lot of good ones in stock.
You best bet is to work with a vendor.

whiteflash is another option,
either way get good clear photos and more than one helps.
Post the info here and we will help :}

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/all-about-asschers.24689/

here is a good thread to start with.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Storm is right. With your budget you should be able to find a beautiful well cut asscher. I bought a gorgeous one from Good Old Gold. WF has some very nice one''s too. Good luck!!!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I read up on a lot of asscher info from this website, which has been great.

Here are the specs for the diamond that we are going to look at tomorrow evening (by way of background, my father used to own a jewelery store about 15 years ago and has stayed in close contact with a diamond wholesaler and that is where we are going to look at the diamond. And he is a legit wholesaler...not open to the public) It is 1.57 carats, VVSII, I color and they are asking $6,900.

Does that sound like something worth looking at? Of course, I haven't seen the diamond yet...that will come tomorrow!

Thanks for any thoughts you might have!

Lyss

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to mention that the diamond is GIA certified.

Mimikins24

Shiny_Rock
Hi littlelysser!

My BF and I have also been looking at asschers for the ering. A well cut asscher looks fantastic in real life and I personally stopped looking into the RA once i saw unbranded asschers in the flesh. I''m sure you will find them to be drool worthy too!!!

I happened across a thread here that discusses asscher cuts and might be of interest to you.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/all-about-asschers.24689/

Hope that link works --- it''s my first try at it!!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
I happen to prefer generic asschers. To me, RAs are too ''busy''..

Littlelysser: Do come back and tell us what you think of that diamond!
3.gif

widget

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Alright...got another question...in terms of setting for an asscher...what are you thoughts? I am a big fan of the halo setting, not sure my BF feels the same way...he''s more of a solitaire kind of guy.

What are your thoughts?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2005 8:56:07 PM
Author: littlelysser
I am a big fan of the halo setting, not sure my BF feels the same way...he''s more of a solitaire kind of guy.

I don''t think, in the history of THE WORLD, there has been a "halo" kinda of guy. Unless they have a very, very stylish Mom, guys only seem to know what they see on TV in DeBeers commercials. Round stone, solitare setting or Round three stone ring. Almost every guy I''ve ever seen here on Pricescope shopping "on his own" for the ring is looking for some variation on those themes.

Just like I''d choose a plain old engine rather than a "hemmie".
3.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
It''s entirely a matter of personal choice. You can see lots of yummy asschers around here both plain or haloed.

I prefer asschers without haloes...but that''s just me..

widget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results