shape
carat
color
clarity

asscher ideal scope opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jabryant76

Rough_Rock

Really just looking for opinions on the following diamond. I''m no expert on such things, so I''m just looking for a little advice. I''ve been told the depth of this diamond is a little large, however I''ve also been told there is no set criteria when coming to a square emerald cut.

How does this ideal scope look for a square emerald cut?

Thanks,
John

Report: GIA
Shape: Asscher
Carat: 0.78
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 72
Table: 54
Girdle: medium to slight thick
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 5.07-5.07X3.65
Length/Width: 1.00

asscherscope.jpeg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
do you have a natural light diamond photo?

jabryant76

Rough_Rock
Here it is.

Thanks,
John

assherpic.jpeg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
this one just doesn''t do anything for me
5.gif
i like to see an asscher that looks like you could get lost looking down into it....
this one almost looks the opposite...like the steps are coming toward you. that''s just my opinion
37.gif
take it for what it''s worth!
if you like the look of this one....go for it!
2.gif
it''s a personal decision.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Belle I disagree.
1. it is .78ct - you can only get lost in a 1.5ct plus stone.
2. it has great side facet light return and scintillation.
3. the bigger facets in the center will show some great firey flashes

I like it.
And its got nice big corners

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All that contrast (= black i the ''scope picture) means flash from arm''s length - this diamond knows to show off even if it is not as big as a truck ! And that can only be a great thing. Nice shape too... that is personal, I know, but perhaps one more piece of fan mail helps
1.gif

IMO, the deed is as good as done with that baby.

What setting do you have in mind ? Still fro WF ?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2005 3:46:58 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Belle I disagree.
1. it is .78ct - you can only get lost in a 1.5ct plus stone.
well, as it happens....i can get lost in something smaller than 1.5
2.gif
these are all 1ct or less......
(i added jabryants stone in the bottom right for comparison)

my opinion
2.gif

asschercomparison.JPG

TensionSetter

Rough_Rock
belle,

Mind telling me where those pictures are from and if those diamonds are for sale? I am still looking for a good cut Asshcer around 1 carat with good symmetry and ideal scope images and all that stuff. Thanks.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2005 5:14:46 PM
Author: TensionSetter
belle,

Mind telling me where those pictures are from and if those diamonds are for sale? I am still looking for a good cut Asshcer around 1 carat with good symmetry and ideal scope images and all that stuff. Thanks.
hey tensionsetter,
they''re all from www.whiteflash.com i found them in the asscher expert selection

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2005 5:07:03 PM
Author: belle

these are all 1ct or less......
(i added jabryants stone in the bottom right for comparison)
Nice scenery !

Oh well... it does look like she has already got the winner, wouldn''t you agree?
Top-left looks nice as well, if you don''t insist that corner breaks to reach the culet. I am pretty sure these guys show allot less different in person than under 10X
2.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
John,

My $.02 is that I personally like how your stone has sparkle on the outside and the clear step pattern on the inside.

By the numbers, It's got a bit of depth and may be comparably deeper stone (by a FEW mms) but it's quite lovely and may just have the right look for you as well...

I think it's a stunner, although the eyes really would have it! Good luck and enjoy your stone!
35.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its not the greatest.
As belle has so kindly demonstrated a lot better ones are too be found.
www.goodoldgold.com
also has some nice ones.

www.niceice.com
has a couple nice ones but they are way overpriced.

jabryant76

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the replies. Yes it is from whiteflash, we have not yet decided on a setting. However, I know she loves the tacori''s, and yes I know I''ll be spending as much if not more on the setting if I do get a tacori. I personally like how the diamond looks, but I will better know once I see it in person. I''ll let you all know of the outcome/reaction and take a few pics of my own.

Thanks,
John

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2005 12:25:54 AM
Author: jabryant76
Thanks for all the replies. Yes it is from whiteflash, we have not yet decided on a setting. However, I know she loves the tacori''s, and yes I know I''ll be spending as much if not more on the setting if I do get a tacori. I personally like how the diamond looks, but I will better know once I see it in person. I''ll let you all know of the outcome/reaction and take a few pics of my own.

Thanks,
John
and that is all that matters!! best of luck to you!!
1.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I like it. The idealscope image indicates a very rich light return, good contrast and fire. It has the large corners and small table of the classic Asscher. The classic Asscher proportions tend to have a robust depth to them, so 72% is not out of line.

The visual presentation will be the deciding factor.

Headerlyn

Rough_Rock
This may seem like a silly question but in the picture above with the four asschers why is there so much difference in those four diamonds? I realize not all radiants look the same but I must admit I have never seen four different looks on an asscher like the picture demonstrated. Which of the four is the best, or is it a matter of opinion? Thanks!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/3/2005 12:51:40 AM
Author: Headerlyn

I must admit I have never seen four different looks on an asscher like the picture demonstrated.
These are very magnified... sure they are this different in person, but tiny details are allot harder to see on a 5mm patch than on a 5 cm patch ! Still photographs that cut out brilliance also show allot more detail - diamonds are rarely seen under such conditions (you would probably turn on the lights when it gets that dim around....).

Among those four, shape is a matter of taste and pictures show shape, not brilliance. The IdealScope helps somewhat with that by asigning a color code to light reflected at certain angles (more or less likely to be seen as "brilliance"). Oh well... if this wasn''t your first post here, you must have heard of this already.

Are you looking for an asscher cut ?

Headerlyn

Rough_Rock
Thanks Valeria. Yes I (we) are in the process of beginning to look for a diamond. Through much research and looking at pictures I believe I have decided on an asscher just because the are so unique and not something everyone has. I like the radiant cut very much also but I have my heart set on an asscher. The only thing I dislike about the asscher cut is that it will appear significantly smaller than other cuts because it is so deep; in addition, one cannot go too far past G in color and VS2 in clarity from what I have been told. So the whole process of being able to sacrifice color or clarity a little for size isn''t as easy in an asscher than other cuts. I have only been able to view a couple and that was at Solomon Brothers in Atlanta, but they are gorgeous.

sosquare

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/3/2005 1:53:31 AM
Author: Headerlyn
Thanks Valeria. Yes I (we) are in the process of beginning to look for a diamond. Through much research and looking at pictures I believe I have decided on an asscher just because the are so unique and not something everyone has. I like the radiant cut very much also but I have my heart set on an asscher. The only thing I dislike about the asscher cut is that it will appear significantly smaller than other cuts because it is so deep; in addition, one cannot go too far past G in color and VS2 in clarity from what I have been told. So the whole process of being able to sacrifice color or clarity a little for size isn''t as easy in an asscher than other cuts. I have only been able to view a couple and that was at Solomon Brothers in Atlanta, but they are gorgeous.
I got engaged in April and my fiance had my ring made. It is very similar to one by Chad Allison, but my center stone is only a carat- not like the 2.5 whopper they show it with. A one carat asscher still looks gorgeous and I get alot of compliments on my ring. The color is F and the clarity is only a SI1 but to the average person it looks extremely clear. I''ve put my ring next to my friend who has a 1.25 round and it really does not look tiny next to it. I wouldn''t change my ring for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results