shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher Halo E-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angeellica

Rough_Rock
I want a asscher Halo e-ring.
Comparing to everyone else my fingers seems to be quit fat, My ring size is 7,75.
I found an asscher diamond, it´s a 0,71 ct diamond and it´s about 5*5*3.
Will that look to small on my fat finger?

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
A halo will definitely make it look bigger and is a great idea! Have you found a setting you like?

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2007 3:47:49 PM
Author:angeellica
I want a asscher Halo e-ring.
Comparing to everyone else my fingers seems to be quit fat, My ring size is 7,75.
I found an asscher diamond, it´s a 0,71 ct diamond and it´s about 5*5*3.
Will that look to small on my fat finger?

Since Asschers face up smaller than a comparable carat weight RB it will look smaller than a .71 RB. For a size 7.75 finger it would look small on its own, but with a halo it will look a lot bigger (as jayrenay9 said).

What setting are you thinking of?

angeellica

Rough_Rock
I want the 18 Karat White Gold ME2 from Danhov meno collection.
What size on the diamond would you prefer to my fat finger?
9.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 2:34:27 AM
Author: angeellica
I want the 18 Karat White Gold ME2 from Danhov meno collection.
What size on the diamond would you prefer to my fat finger?
9.gif

LOL!
I wouldnt prefer any size, you just asked if it would look small... and it probably would. But, the halo will make it look much larger and it wont look small on your finger.

The more important question is budget and how much you can spend on the stone, setting etc...

ETA: BTW the setting is beautiful... I tried posting a picture of it but PS is being annoying
14.gif
... I will have to try again later.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I don't know if this helps or not, but this is a generic asscher in a double bezel head. The ring size is 4.5, and the stone size is 5.39 x 5.38 x 3.66. In a temporary solitaire the stone looked teeny on her hand, but set in the double bezel it was perfect for her finger.

fligringsm.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pic of LizzieC''s ering - it''s a .82 asscher in a halo, her finger size is 5.25, and the measurements are 5.47x5.34.

lizjjc.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
One more

lizzhandjjc.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 2:36:11 PM
Author: Hest88
I don''t know if this helps or not, but this is a generic asscher in a double bezel head. The ring size is 4.5, and the stone size is 5.39 x 5.38 x 3.66. In a temporary solitaire the stone looked teeny on her hand, but set in the double bezel it was perfect for her finger.

fligringsm.jpg
Hest who''s ring is that... and where was the setting done?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No offense. I have an asscher myself. But with your size/appearance concerns an asscher would be the LAST cut I''d look at. If you liket the step cut look... I''d go with an EC, and set it east west for max coverage with a halo. If you like brilliant cuts I''d go for an oval or a pear. Lots of spread for the carat weight and will cost less than round... and most likely less than an asscher of comparible size (asscher you need higher clarity than you would in either of those so the price will be lower, plus asschers are very trendy right now)... I''ve seen quite a few asschers and I just don''t think that you really get the effect of them in .7 ish size at all. Whereas with an EC or Oval or Pear, you definitely would.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 4:14:03 PM
Author: Gypsy
No offense. I have an asscher myself. But with your size/appearance concerns an asscher would be the LAST cut I''d look at. If you liket the step cut look... I''d go with an EC, and set it east west for max coverage with a halo. If you like brilliant cuts I''d go for an oval or a pear. Lots of spread for the carat weight and will cost less than round... and most likely less than an asscher of comparible size (asscher you need higher clarity than you would in either of those so the price will be lower, plus asschers are very trendy right now)... I''ve seen quite a few asschers and I just don''t think that you really get the effect of them in .7 ish size at all. Whereas with an EC or Oval or Pear, you definitely would.
Hi Gypsy...good advice, but can I add one more facet (no pun intended) to your suggestion?

I have size 6 fingers (6.5 on my right hand) and my knuckles are kind of squatty/fat lookin''. East/West orientation is not the most flattering if you have a wide finger. I find that settings that run North/South actually make the stone look larger, and my finger look more sleek. Just my humble opinon.

Also, if you have a larger finger (like moi) the square cut stones face up smaller than anything. If I knew then what I know now, I''d have asked my dh for a RB. (he asked me what my fave diamond shape was before he proposed...this was before i found pricescope)

However, setting them in a halo really amps up the size. My halo took my ring from 5.5 mm''s to 11mm at its biggest part, which really fixed my issues with size. I love the extra wattage, so if you are truly enamored with the ascher cut, halo-ing it is just wonderful.

angeellica

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I really love the asscher cut, will it make a huge diffrence with a 2 ct stone? It´s only approx 2mm larger..

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2007 2:30:29 AM
Thanks everyone! I really love the asscher cut, will it make a huge diffrence with a 2 ct stone? It´s only approx 2mm larger..

It will definitely make a huge difference if it''s .7 carats or 2 carats! 2 mm is a very large size difference! Remember, it''s 2 mm all around the outside of the diamond, so it will look significantly larger. If you can get a 2 carat instead of a .7 carat and you''re worried about finger coverage, definitely get the 2 carat!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
For comparison purposes, here is a pic of my 1.57 ct halo-ed asscher on my size 6.25 fingers.

It is totally true that asschers face up really small...BUT I think a halo makes it look much larger and provides much better finger coverage.

And if you could afford a 2 ct asscher instead of one that is less than a carat, I''d do it for sure! I don''t think that you can really appreciate an asscher when it is below a carat...well, you can, but the bigger the better, I say!

aaaaaringadingdongwoot.jpg

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/6/2007 2:30:29 AM
i am no expert here, however, my concern when i read this is that it will be a big price difference to go from .7 to 2ct. if you can afford to up your budget significantly to get a quality 2ct asscher then great! but if you are trying to keep the same budget as you had with a .7ct, you are going to have to sacrifice a lot of quality to get to 2ct - and you don't want to sacrifice the BEAUTY of the stone just to get size!! well, that's my opinion anyway. if you go up, make sure you don't sacrifice the quality of the cut, and from what i've read it sounds like clarity is VERY important in step cuts, as is color, so i don't know where that might leave you.

if budget IS a concern, an asscher with a halo, as the photos provided by others in your thread attest, are gorgeous. i'd go for the quality smaller asscher with a halo over a larger but less stunning asscher. that said, i've never studied asschers or compared sizes side by side, so take that FWIW.

AND STOP REFERRING TO YOUR FINGERS AS FAT!!!!
38.gif
i know someone with similiar size fingers (and mine aren't much smaller either) and she's always degrading them. it's exhausting and unnecessary and silly. she has beautiful hands and she ruins it when she opens her mouth!! the last thing we all need is a complex over the SIZE OF OUR FINGERS!! our hands do many wonderful and important things, including wearing gorgeous rings, and it's time we showed some well-deserved appreciation!!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i am very happy with the size that my asscher has given me, and the halo works miracles! i wear a size 6.5 and my stone is 1.06, it measures 5.72 x 5.65 x 3.81

asscher halo 3.JPG

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this is a full hand view...

fullhandview.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results