shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher cut danburite - has anyone got a picture of one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

m00sie

Rough_Rock
Trade
I hadn''t heard of this stone before PS but from what I have seen of pictures of it on here, it looks gorgeous :)

I have trawled the internet and can''t seem to find any pics of an asscher cut danburite which is the cut I would want to go for. If anyone has a pic, it would be great if you could post it for me (or point me in the right direction!)

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Do a search for IndependentGal, I think she had a pair to commemorate her twin baby boys.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 7:37:32 PM
Author:m00sie
I hadn't heard of this stone before PS but from what I have seen of pictures of it on here, it looks gorgeous :)

I have trawled the internet and can't seem to find any pics of an asscher cut danburite which is the cut I would want to go for. If anyone has a pic, it would be great if you could post it for me (or point me in the right direction!)

If you search using danburite as your key word and Harriet as author. You should come up with a very nice yellow one.

ETA https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-stone-to-set.76266/

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always have to check out asscher threads. They are so pretty.
36.gif

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have an asscher but I do have a princess. Very pale pink. The stone was pretty dirty in the pic so it doesn''t appear as bright as it actually is. Danburite has a hi RI so it is super sparkly.

If you are really interested, I have some danburite rough. I would be glad to cut an asscher to show you. I will be out of town until Sunday but I could probably have it cut by Wednesday. Interested?

DanburitePink.jpg

m00sie

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the replies :)

I did see that gorgeous yellow danburite on my searches, I''m really trying to see what a white stone looks like in person and whether it would be the best alternative to a diamond.

Revolution, it was your post in another thread that roused my curiosity about danburite :) it would be fantastic if i could see what it looked like as an asscher cut if its not too much trouble?

Do you think it would be the best alternative to diamond? I have looked at white topaz and white sapphire and it seems that danburite has abit more sparkle than both (but is a wee bit softer) - your thoughts are welcome.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have erad to expect prices to go up on danburite as the really nice stones are being used as diamond replacements.

mz

morecarats

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/7/2010 1:09:44 AM
Author: movie zombie
i have erad to expect prices to go up on danburite as the really nice stones are being used as diamond replacements.

mz

I think anyone who buys danburite as a diamond replacement is bound to be disappointed. Danburite has reasonable hardness (7 to 7.5) and often excellent clarity. But it does not have a high RI, contrary to Revolution''s post; I don''t think anyone who saw one would call it "super sparkly." Danburite has an RI of 6.30 to 6.36, in the same approximate range as tourmaline, and less than a number of other gems which are not known for their brilliance (such as apatite, kunzite and peridot).

The biggest strike against danburite as a diamond replacement is that it has very low dispersion, so you won''t see much fire from it. It''s a gem that appeals to someone who is looking for a large clear colorless gem at a low price. But for the price you might be happier with white topaz or zircon.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the pic of Harriet''s gorgeous Danburite.

jwdanburite.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a number of pieces (not Asscher cut) and wouldn''t say they were a good substitute for a diamond. If you''re looking for something close to a diamond then Zircon is probably the nearest you''ll get but I don''t know how it would react as an Asscher (comparing performance to a diamond). I suspect you''d get more of a look of a diamond if you opted for a round brilliant cut or cushion cut Zircon

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
Here is a pic I just found online at danburite.com

danburitefrom web.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
There''s a picture of a white danburite asscher in Jeff White''s gallery: www.whitesgems.com

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2010 12:15:30 PM
Author: Harriet
There''s a picture of a white danburite asscher in Jeff White''s gallery: www.whitesgems.com
that''s a nice one!

most pricescopers wouldn''t use it as a diamond replacement in an e-ring.......but some aren''t into the diamond thing for a variety of reasons, aren''t actually looking for a diamond look, but merely want a colorless stone for their e-ring.

this one would be ideal for that buyer.

mz

m00sie

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/7/2010 12:15:30 PM
Author: Harriet
Wow, that is very pretty! Do you think it has been photoshopped at all?

Thanks for all the additional info. I did consider zircon - but can''t seem to get away from the fact that it sounds like cubic zirconia :/

It''s not for an e-ring, I saw laurenthepartier''s asscher ring and fell in
30.gif
with it. Unfortunately, I can''t afford an actual diamond at the moment (one day!).

Lovingdiamonds, I think it may have been your pieces that I saw when I was searching through posts. Did you have three stones, one being a pear shape?

Revolution, that would be great :) thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results