shape
carat
color
clarity

Asking for the blessing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Odas

Rough_Rock
I''m 22 and my girlfriend is 20. We''ve been dating for 15 months. we met online almost 2 years ago and hit it off well. i live with her and her parents now. i really want to ask her parents for the blessing to ask thier daughter to marry me. me and her have seriously talked about marriage already and know what it entails. i just dont know how to start the conversation with her parents. any advice would greatly help. oh, we arent planning on actually getting married till late 2011, cause my girlfriend isnt going to graduate from college till early 2011.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you in college also?

You are young. She is young. (so am I -- 24) Her parents may not be thrilled to give their blessing so young. Especially if they think that it may mean she doesn''t finish school.

How long have you been living with them? How well do they know you?

Odas

Rough_Rock
ive been living with them for 6 months, and i will never take my gf outa school. we wouldnt even set a marriage date till after she had graduated. the last thing i want to do is mess up her education. also, her mom knows me as good as any of my friends do. i dont really talk to her father much.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/30/2009 4:41:11 PM
Author: Odas
ive been living with them for 6 months, and i will never take my gf outa school. we wouldnt even set a marriage date till after she had graduated. the last thing i want to do is mess up her education. also, her mom knows me as good as any of my friends do. i dont really talk to her father much.
You should spend some more time with her father. Let him get to know you too. Talk to him about what you want to do in your life, where you see yourself in 10 years, etc.

Both of her parents need to know how much you admire/support/etc. your gf finishing school.

I don''t know them or you, but this should make asking for their blessing easier. I can''t imagine anything more uncomfortable for you or them if one of them said no. Take the time to let them know you. Go fishing or whatever her dad and you both like to do. Just seeing you make an effort to get to know them and letting them know (and like) you will make your gf happy and see that you are serious about your relationship.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/1/2009 2:02:44 PM
Author: TooPatient

Date: 9/30/2009 4:41:11 PM
Author: Odas
You should spend some more time with her father. Let him get to know you too. Talk to him about what you want to do in your life, where you see yourself in 10 years, etc.

Both of her parents need to know how much you admire/support/etc. your gf finishing school.

I don''t know them or you, but this should make asking for their blessing easier. I can''t imagine anything more uncomfortable for you or them if one of them said no. Take the time to let them know you. Go fishing or whatever her dad and you both like to do. Just seeing you make an effort to get to know them and letting them know (and like) you will make your gf happy and see that you are serious about your relationship.
sounds like a great advice,

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results