shape
carat
color
clarity

Ashoka diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have finally found an Ashoka diamond. Now my question is "Is it worth the price for such a small stone"
It''s a carat but it''s only 7x4.2, which I know is normal dimensions for a 1 ct emerald cut but I am not sure I or anyone else will even be able to recognize the cut it''s so small. There is no way I could afford the bigger stones. It''s so hard to make a decision. What do you all think?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
others may not recognize it, but you will. do what makes you happy. you''re not wearing it for others, you''re wearing it for you.
2.gif

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel guilty paying so much for something so tiny. I guess if it had larger dimensions like my other diamonds it wouldn''t be so bad.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I love Ashoka cut diamonds, I also think that you should do what makes you happy, but I would not pay the high price for the cut. There are a few celebrities that can afford wonderful Ashoka cut diamond rings (Actress Natasha Richardson, I believe) that are huge, but you do need a big stone to really see the cut. I loved Ashoka cut diamonds for a long long while, but because of size and price, I ended out with a 2ct Asscher.

They are pretty, so if you do get it, please share pics =)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, what would be the alternative... considering a non-branded cut?

A long cushion may be more similar (and still distinctive, w/o a brand attached) than EC, but that is your call.

I wouldn't mind the size of 1 ct EC, but knowing that the alternative were over 1.5 cts of something quite a bit larger looking... would change that.

Is this for you? If so... sure enough, no comment. All this is a matter of taste as much as owning a diamond in the first place is.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the unique cut of the stone. A cushion is a possibility although I don''t think it will be close in the look of the Ashoka. I am going to look though. I am also checking the Crisscuts.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2006 12:11:48 PM
Author: autumngems

I am also checking the Crisscuts.
On a different note... not long ago someone posted about a three-stone Criss cut diamond ring. The price was very much in line with those for non-branded cuts and the two shapes have allot in common (i.e. the long scissor facets). The ''Criss Cushion'' is even closer. You might want to search to post and track down the seller wherever they are.

I wonder if the prices are somewhat coordinated for each of these branded diamonds - and the crisscut rices would be similar throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results