shape
carat
color
clarity

ASET photos and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Okay, nice photos, now about the sharing and discussion part...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
are you going to be the last hold out, neil? i know you''ve made some great strides with aset. would you be willing to share some of your work?
20.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
I''m doing some of the things already written in this thread.

However the choice of lighting, the absolute centering of the stone, camera, and various type of lighting, as well as a really good paper type filter is helping a lot. A special lens that is proprietary for the camera that I managed to get was the biggest improvement of all.

I have found the centering "arm" thingy really doesn''t help much at all. For the desktop the alignment needs to be done by eye, and it does take a while to get everything coordinated and lined up. The focusing is also turbo critical as well.

I still have a long way to go with this, and may change some of what I do. Jim Caudill at AGS has some better photos he'' s done, so I am using his work as a sort of standard to improve this.

I am waiting to see how the desktop ASET''s results will be reconciled with the software that isn''t really out yet. That should answer some of the grading questions and we''ll see how the approach of that is done.

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results