shape
carat
color
clarity

ASET of a Regent

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
While some of us are farting around with ASET photography and awaiting the desktop model, I think the most accurate images that can be shown at this point are those generated within DiamCalc which are based on actual models of the diamond in question. In any case we just received this Regent and ran it under the ASET view. Talk about jaw dropping results for a diamond that is not round. Coolio eh?

REGENTASET.jpg

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Cool picture jon!! Penny still LOVES her Regent!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now that IS cool!!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/18/2005 12:30:28 PM
Author: openhelix
Cool picture jon!! Penny still LOVES her Regent!
Awesome. Please tell Penny hi from all of us here too! :) One thing that is awesome about the progress taking place in the industry and the technology''s being introduced is that it is continually confirming the *excellence* of the most beautifully cut diamonds. Regents, Sq H&A''s and Jubilee''s (among the fancies) are not only proving to be top performers but also the shapes that most closely resemble the optics of the finest round brilliant cuts too particularly in the arena of brightness and contrast.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know im gonna ask where the pics are for the Sq H&A''s and Jubilee''s and the fancy rounds you sell right?

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a picture of the ring (and us) in Santa Barbara, CA for the AVP tour event. When we got married we had a wedding band custom made to fit the setting with 4 8pt rounds. :)

Alex

AVP_SB.jpg

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/18/2005 12:47:45 PM
Author: strmrdr
You know im gonna ask where the pics are for the Sq H&A''s and Jubilee''s and the fancy rounds you sell right?
LOl... I knew you would ask this strm.
emsmilep.gif
Hey ... I can''t reveal everything just yet.
emotion-16.gif
I gotta give you a reason to study our upcoming tutorial on the subject.
emotion-15.gif
Also, this is just a preliminary beta Garry, Serg and a couple of us are fooling around with. The official release of the new DiamCalc will be in July and from what I hear there are alot of nice changes/additions to the software.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Excellent pic Helix! You guys are a dam good looking couple if I may say so.
emsmilep.gif
Now ... AVP ... would that be Alien vs Predator?
face22.gif

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
The volleyball logo behind us might give ya a hint. ;-) Association of Volleyball Professionals. I''m working my way up the ladder, got a little tv exposure earlier this year. :) Penny usually comes with me, good excuse to lay out on the beach. :)

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Ya gotta love those Regents
emsmiled.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i adore my regent and even though it''s small, the light return from that sucker is impressive. when it''s laying in my small ceramic jewelry boxd on my dresser and the light is shining down on it at night, the arrows are very prominent...nice for a small stone!!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/18/2005 5:10:37 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Nice piece of Ice Rhino
Thanks mate! You know you make me nuts how you make the wire frames for a diamond that you only see *virtually*.
emotion-18.gif
The more I learn about DC the more I see its possibilities. I have a question for ya. Do you know if the metric for brightness/contrast on the new AGS system will be based on a linear scale when examining fancies like this or are they going to group fancies into respective categories?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I believe fancies will be in their respective catagoroies.

Obviously an AGS 3 to 5 round for light performance would stilll be brighter and as beuatiful as an AGS 0 Princess.

You can run that yourself with an AGS 0 round candidate at say 57 T 33.5C and 41.7 pavilion angle on DiamCalc.

BTW you know we did a DiamCalc estimation tutorial here http://www.ideal-scope.com/Using%20DC_files/frame.htm

There you will find a 14 slide step by step ''how to'' for appraisers to estimate diamond proportions using Ideal-scope photographs - the same thing works as well or better with ASET images :)

I have found it can be more accurate than many scanners for table size and pavilion angle (the really critical factor) - although it has a problem with crown angle / crown height if you do not know the stones depth (rare).

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very fricken cool! Now I gotta play. :)

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/18/2005 7:26:12 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
I believe fancies will be in their respective catagoroies.

Obviously an AGS 3 to 5 round for light performance would stilll be brighter and as beuatiful as an AGS 0 Princess.
I think that you are exaggerating with this remark, Garry. Although, I must say that I did not see any rounds with a new AGS-3-grade. They might still be GIA-EX in their new system.

On the other hand, I loved your wire-frame of the Regent. It clearly shows that this stone is in essence a round. I do not know whether you sat in at our session in Vegas, where I explained how we helped a cutter improve the consistency of the Regents, he cuts as a sub-contractor.

Therefore, Rhino, if you see the quality of your Regents improving, it is my invisible hand helping out.

Live long,

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You know Paul... I was just doing a search on ASET here to look furhter into the data that has been published to date and caught your comment here. AS A MATTER OF FACT I DO see the differences in the Regents that have been coming to market as of late and I must say I am very happy with the improvements. The cutting of the pavilion facets mainly with an eye on the length of the lower girdles.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results