shape
carat
color
clarity

ASET image help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rachelheart

Rough_Rock
Hi all...I need some help interpreting an ASET image...specifically a comparison of a vendor picture versus an actual viewing with a hand held ASET scope.

In the picture, the red images in the RB are the same color both in the table and elsewhere. In the actual view, however, the reds in the table area are uniformly and noticeably lighter than the reds outside the talbe--more of a dark pink. The stone is a TIC/ AGS Ideal cut.

Does the pink indicate leakage or something else?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
post the images?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2010 10:32:27 AM
Author:rachelheart
Hi all...I need some help interpreting an ASET image...specifically a comparison of a vendor picture versus an actual viewing with a hand held ASET scope.

In the picture, the red images in the RB are the same color both in the table and elsewhere. In the actual view, however, the reds in the table area are uniformly and noticeably lighter than the reds outside the talbe--more of a dark pink. The stone is a TIC/ AGS Ideal cut.

Does the pink indicate leakage or something else?
Hi rachel,

If you could post the images then we can help you better, from what you are describing do you mean Idealscope images?

rachelheart

Rough_Rock
No, I''m talking about ASET images.

Unfortunately, I don''t have a photo of he in-person viewing image. Can anyone help?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2010 11:06:51 AM
Author: rachelheart
No, I'm talking about ASET images.

Unfortunately, I don't have a photo of he in-person viewing image. Can anyone help?
This is only speculation but it could be due to the lighting used in the actual image and set up versus the hand held image, some variance can be normal because of this.

If you could post the actual image then that could be helpful, it sounds like a great diamond you have from what you say and its unlikely that there is a problem with the hand held image but just the difference you are noticing between the 2 methods.

ETA - I just had a look, did you buy one of the two GOG diamonds? If so, they are both excellent and I doubt there is a problem with what you are describing.

rachelheart

Rough_Rock
Ok...here''s another example. In this diamond http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/6115/

many of the red images in the table are closer to pink compared to the red images outside the table. Does this indicate leakage?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is normal.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2010 11:20:47 AM
Author: rachelheart
Ok...here''s another example. In this diamond http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/6115/

many of the red images in the table are closer to pink compared to the red images outside the table. Does this indicate leakage?
Oh I see what you mean, its just the table which can sometimes show up lighter probably due to the white backlighting of the image, nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results