shape
carat
color
clarity

ascher aascher, good to great?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Wow, my untutored eye thinks it looks great. I would, however, for Strm to chime in.
2.gif

shay

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
My untrained eye loves it too! Nice size, no premium for 2 + carats!

RichardAlex

Rough_Rock
Thanks all! There are a few things that I saw that make me think. One is that the corners could be clipped a bit more, and the idealscope looks like it has some black areas in the center, but the stone is really brilliant, looks alive..! and yes the price is really competitive/very...

I''ve learned a lot on this site and am very grateful. Great info! All feedback appreciated!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
richard, that stone is beautiful..really. don''t worry about the black areas in the is image...black is good! these are the areas of contrast, they will show up silvery white when viewed on the hand.
3.gif

RichardAlex

Rough_Rock
Thanks Belle,

I''m still without question an amateur, untrainied eye, newbie, but this site has really been empowering, and helped me to search so much more intelligently! I''ve looked at hundereds of specs and dozens of pics to get to this one. I do hope to hear what storm thinks of this one, and as always, really appreciate the feedback!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you really have a winner there! Your hard work has PAID OFF. I prefer corners just like that one, too clipped & stop sign-like looks odd to my eye -- and sometimes makes the stone look smaller than its carat weight. Yours is on the money! 1.99, what a FIND!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I agree- that second asscher looks absolutely gorgeous. YUM.. I would be all over that one
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
nice bright drop pattern asscher.
I like it.
bit of a tilt in the photo is blacking out one facet but the IS shows it as aok.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
wait a second is that from WF?
The pic dont look like there usual ones but the sarin and IS image are from WF.
If its from wf its kewl if not there is a problem.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t over think it, it''s a great asscher. How are you going to set it???

RichardAlex

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

Kewl it is! Yes, a WF find. AMEN to no over thinking !

Setting is next.! Open to suggestions! Thinking no halo, 1.5-2mm thickness, finace likes pave/sidestones, maybe DanileK like...? Frankly, my investment is in the stone, so I don''t want the setting to break me :)

Thanks all

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2005 1:15:13 PM
Author: RichardAlex
Thanks!

Kewl it is! Yes, a WF find. AMEN to no over thinking !

Setting is next.! Open to suggestions! Thinking no halo, 1.5-2mm thickness, finace likes pave/sidestones, maybe DanileK like...? Frankly, my investment is in the stone, so I don''t want the setting to break me :)

Thanks all

congrates!!!
2-2.5mm pave band with split claw prongs would be awesome with that!
someone can link a pic there are a lot around.
Its the classic asscher setting.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
storm: the pave/claw setting is exactly what i''m picturing for my future EC
emstar.gif
DO you think that these have to be custom or can i find them somewhere?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know that the Daniel K setting is 6K. I would go custom.

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
WOWSERS loving that stone does it have a twin?!!!
36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2005 1:28:20 PM
Author: lovelylulu
storm: the pave/claw setting is exactly what i''m picturing for my future EC
emstar.gif
DO you think that these have to be custom or can i find them somewhere?

custom.
they have to be made to match the stone perfectly.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2005 11:18:43 AM
Author: RichardAlex
Thanks all! There are a few things that I saw that make me think. One is that the corners could be clipped a bit more, and the idealscope looks like it has some black areas in the center, but the stone is really brilliant, looks alive..! and yes the price is really competitive/very...

I''ve learned a lot on this site and am very grateful. Great info! All feedback appreciated!

Drop pattern asschers do look a little dark under the table.
Some like the look some dont.
That one is a nice example of one.

RichardAlex

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Picking up the diamond today! I appreciate the suggestions, and would really be interested in seeing some examples of settings like the one''s that you mentioned.. I''ve searched and see a couple of examples that are interesting..one is attached. What do you all think...Would it look good with an ascher.......?

Sample setting er.jpg

RichardAlex

Rough_Rock
With this WB...?

ER WB set.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
HWring2.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
cartierprofile1.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
cartierprofile.JPG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prongs3.JPG

see how they blend in and dont change the shape of the asscher as much as other prongs?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love this ring now if just had an asscher in it hehehehe.
Copy%20of%20r015-01W.jpg

RichardAlex

Rough_Rock
Thanks storm, i actually missed the split "claw" part of your message. Thought I knew what it meant, but the pics are great and help to show how they are so "low profilw". As usual, didn''t know what I didn''t know. Anyway, Really getting into the setting part of the journey....!

I''ve been out with my "to be" to look at settings. At first the Blue Nile attached really seemed great. When we visited BM stores to see similar settings they really looked bulky and what my fiance to be... thought she wanted - changed...soooo we''re really looking hard.and I''m keeping all of this behind the scenes...

Bob at WF has been very helpful and I plan on visiting them next week to see what kinds of settings "fit"..!

Any ideas about a slim profile ER setting with a matching "fitting"? WB are really appreciated. Great stuff! Thanks to all for the ideas so far!

Blue Nile ER and WB set example.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Richard,
Go see the asscher that Blackhawk posted in SMTR forum. It''s a lovely asscher set by WF and will have a matching band. It''s gorgeous!!!

RichardAlex

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

Blackhawk''s is beautiful!

RichardAlex

Rough_Rock
It''s been a while since I wrote something and gave an update, but....I have kept researching and reading.

I purchased the 1.99 asscher from Bob at WF.... and then visited WF offices (was in Houston on a business trip). I met with Brian Gavin to research settings. Amazing knowledge of diamonds in that man''s head! His family has been in the diamond business for generations and the picture of his (I believe late great grandfater in Antwerp)hangs behind him in his office. It spoke volumes to me. We worked up a design and he was very patient with me.. Lot''s of questions.. :)

After getting home, I sorted through more design and pricing details with Bob on line and via phone. (He was patient too..) I still had lots of questions..and we had several conversations.. After all was said and done, the wax''s came and I just received the pics of the rings!! They''re shipping very soon and I am really happy with the results!

As for the design, well...... a sincere thank you to many who have commented and others who simply posted their thoughts and experiences on this forum. The design actually has several little things going on that are parts of other designs. Basically different attributes that I really liked from a number of rings..Split claw - (Storm) as well as a number of again, little things that WF was able to put together after much deliberation.

This forum, those who gave feedback on this thread, and many others who post regularly, allowed me to become a much more educated consumer, purchase what I believe is a really nice, specific, asscher diamond at a very competitive price, and design rings (at least the ER :))that are unique, and are exactly what I wanted.

The next step is the proposal!!!!!! Should be a couple of weeks away!! I really hope that my S.O. likes the ring and says yes!

Pics attached: ER spec - platinum basket setting with 2.5mm shank with aca diamonds 3/4 eternity, split claw prongs. This includes approx 20 x 0.03ct aca diamonds and 4 smaller ones in the shank

Thank you again!!

Richard

RA.jpg

RichardAlex

Rough_Rock
Matching WB..

RA-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results