shape
carat
color
clarity

As promised...Ering pics and story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll make this story short...because I''ve told it a million times, but will never tire of telling it!

My then bf asked what I wanted to do Saturday morning since it was the first weekend in a loooooong time where we didn''t have a wedding/birthday party/shower, etc. So I said I didn''t know, and he suggested that we go to a museum. I had always wanted to go to this one, so I was excited about it.

We went to eat at one of my favorite cafes, then went to the museum, looked around, then he suggested we go across the street to the sculpture gardens. I loved the idea so I said sure. We walked around in there for a bit, and that''s where he originally wanted to do it. But there were a million people in there for some reason. So he suggested that we go to these really pretty sculptures and fountains next to the museum. Even though it was a million degrees outside, I said it would be a good idea. We walked all around them, and we stopped at this one sculpture for a minute. He was trying to get me to stop just for a second, but I was about to walk on again. He said "Hey, I have a question". I turned back to him, and he was down on one knee with the ring in his hand. He said "Name name Last name, will you marry me?"

Now mind you, I''m one of those that would just think of him proposing to me, and I''d start to tear up. Sometimes I''ll see commercials (especially that one with the abandoned dogs and the Sarah MacLachlan song in the background) and tear up. But when he asked me, I was STUNNED. I didn''t believe it. I had NO NO NO idea it would happen this early. So I kept asking, "Are you serious? Really? Oh my God! Are you serious? Honestly?" until he said "A yes or no would be nice right now!". So I said yes, and we hugged and kissed, and it was so awesome.

This is the best feeling ever...I highly recommend it :) The best part was that we waited for about 30 minutes before we started calling people to just tell each other how excited we were. It was like it was our own secret, and the rest of my friends/family was about to know the joyful news. I can''t explain it, but it was awesome.

Anyway, we took pics of the ring. It''s pretty hard to get good ones...with a high resolution and a shaky/excited hand, it''s very hard. He went ahead and got the band too. The jeweler was so helpful...oh! and this is another good part of the story...he told me he was going to go to Austin to work on a project at the end of April. Little did I know, but he drove 5 hours up to Paris Texas, and then 5 hours back to pick out the ring. He had it since the last week of April, but was waiting until my parents were able to come down for the weekend to celebrate with us. He''s so sweet. OK now I''m done...Thanks so much for reading!

MelRing.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
And one more...wish I had more, but the files are still too big.

Specs:
Cushion cut, 1.01 carats, with combined carat weight of 1.4 (with pave), H, SI1. No fluorescence.

ring_band.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Twist my arm...okay...one more.
28.gif

Engagement photos018.jpg

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
Aw what a lovely proposal story and such a beautiful ring - congratulations!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful!!! What a sweet engagement story!
30.gif
Congrats!
36.gif
36.gif

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your story is wonderful and your ring such a beauty!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Looks lovely on your pretty hand! Congratulations!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, loved your proposal story. Your ring is stunning, looks so pretty on your lovely hand. Enjoy!!!
30.gif

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 6:56:36 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Congratulations, loved your proposal story. Your ring is stunning, looks so pretty on your lovely hand. Enjoy!!!
30.gif
Yes, it looks absolutely gorgeous on your very pretty hand! I love the story too! Congratulations to you both
2.gif

lamer

Rough_Rock
i think that ring was made for your lovely finger! look wonderful on you, thanks for sharing.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and a beautiful story!!! Congratulations!!!
36.gif

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
What a sweet story! I almost started tearing up (blame my pregnancy hormones). The ring is gorgeous!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Great story and great ring!

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Incredibly sweet story and your ring is spectacular!! Congratulations and best wishes to you both!

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
Lovely ring and lovely proposal. Congratulations.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty ring! Congrats on your engagement!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Your story made me tear up! Beautiful setting for a proposal and beautiful ring!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!

Gorgeous e-ring and band!! He did good!
36.gif

Cachette
1.gif

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
AAwwww what a sweet story! Congrats on your engagement!

Your new ring is just gorgeous
30.gif

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful ring and such a sweet story. CONGRATULATIONS!!

What size is the ring btw (totally think people need to post this as part of the specs), it sure looks bigger than 1ct.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the nice complements!

Forgot to post that the ring is platinum, and my ring size is a 4. Thank you so much gals!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous. Congratulations!

EmmeBerg

Rough_Rock
Very pretty ring and I love the story. My heart started beating faster and faster as I read it. Congrats!!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
You must live in Houston.
2.gif

Totally sweet story and the ring is just beautiful!

edotf104

Rough_Rock
What a sweet proposal and beautiful ring! Congratulations Lanie
21.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, there are a lot of beautiful rings on here today. And your Tacori is GORGEOUS!! Congratulations. From your proposal story, it sounds like you will be very happy!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring - congrats!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring. Congratulations!

vs

Rough_Rock
What a sweet engagement story...congratulations!! Your rings are beautiful
36.gif

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
beautiful story and beautiful ring!!!
30.gif
I''m cracking up that someone else actually cries to the Sarah MacLachlan commercial with the dogs!! I have to make myself change the channel...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results