shape
carat
color
clarity

As my name suggests.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JoinTheCrowd

Rough_Rock
A little background. I have been a staunch non-believer in diamonds. Being a guy, I could never figure out what was so appealing about them. Not only were they expensive, but I also saw all the horror stories about the Debeers monopoly. So I went along merrily in my beliefs for so many years...even to the point of ridiculing the silly people who bought diamonds. And then "wham!", before you can even say 4 c''s, I find myself searching and searching online and being silly
41.gif

Yes, I am looking for that perfect something that will blind the living daylights out of my sweetie when I get down on one knee. Now the non-believer is scouring countless sites comparing and contrasting so many diamonds I am going cross-eyed. What''s sad is I''m actually slightly enjoying it....shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I can hear a million of my friends saying I told you so.

Hehehe, I have saved up and am looking for a RB in the 14-16K range. Ideal cut, G or above, and VS1 and above. I have to be a little bit picky because I saw my future mother in law criticize a diamond gift that was given to my gf''s little sister (she even whipped out her loupe and pointed out all the specks to everyone).
40.gif

Can I get your opinions on a Diamond with these characteristics (don''t have idealoscope or pictures)?

Price: $14,453.00
Carat: 1.530
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 60.6
Table: 54
Girdle: .9-1.3
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 7.47-7.49X4.53

Crown Angle 34.0
Pavilion Angle 40.4
HCA - Total Visual Performance 0.6 - Excellent

Brutal honesty please, or recommendations if you feel I can do better! Thanks for reading everyone.

Just One of the Gang Now :)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
not my favorite angle combo for a ring.
Might be a bit dark up close.
need more info to say much more.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome! We all know what you mean about getting hooked on the diamond search!

What I have found on this site most of the time, though, is people picking apart very, very excellent stones compared to very, very, very excellent stones (just remember that when you read opinions on here!)! Most of us would probably think the diamond you have selected is gorgeous! As a matter of fact, that is close to what I am looking for...I''d love a 1.5 G VS1 Ideal cut! So I think you may have made a great choice, and you have nothing to lose as long as they have a return policy in the event you didn''t like it for some odd reason.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
I would go for a size right under 1.5 (1.46-1.49) so you''re not paying to pass the mark and go up in color a little to an F or even E in that size - but I am very color sensitive, so a lot of people might disagree.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
If you spend just a little more, can this rock give you special protection against your future mother-in-law? Can her criticism and eagle-eye of scrutiny deflect off of it like Wonderwoman''s wristbands, protecting you and your loved one for the rest of your marriage?

If so, GO FOR IT.

I love love love your post, and know you''ll knock your lady''s socks off
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2006 12:23:53 AM
Author: ChooChoo
I would go for a size right under 1.5 (1.46-1.49) so you''re not paying to pass the mark and go up in color a little to an F or even E in that size - but I am very color sensitive, so a lot of people might disagree.
I am pretty color sensitive, too. But I have an F and have looked at some G''s and they are too close to tell the difference to me. (I can see the difference between F and H, though.) So I, personally, won''t pay the price premium to get an F. And believe me, I have been carefuly watching the 1.4 range and they are very, very rare. And the couple I have found were very close in price to the 1.5''s.

Here''s a WhiteFlash ACA G VS1, a little higher than the budget, but very nice:

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-2167518.htm

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
mine is a little over your budget too
17.gif
but i like the looks of this one from GoodoldGold.

link

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2006 10:11:42 PM
Author:JoinTheCrowd

Can I get your opinions on a Diamond with these characteristics (don''t have idealoscope or pictures)?

Cool! Sometimes I disagree with Strm... like now.

VS2 would be great too - even if you relatives will ever loupe it - I doubt they have enough patience to fish inclusions in a set VS2 stone.

Are you really going to let them look it up like that? Yiks!
32.gif
Geezzz...

Since you said you hate(ed) diamonds. Did you ever give a colored e-ring a thought? At least with such a thing, your dear in laws will no longer be so sure what to look for with their jewler''s loupes
31.gif

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got 1.3 on the HCA for that stone. Are you entering the correct numbers?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2006 12:56:44 PM
Author: JoinTheCrowd

Wow, thank you for all your help everyone. Your suggestions have been awesome.

In regards to this stone:

''Here''s a WhiteFlash ACA G VS1, a little higher than the budget, but very nice:
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-2167518.htm''

That is a nice rock. Should I be worried that the HCA shows 2.6? Is it the Pavilian Angle that knocks it out of the sweet spot range below 2?
how you come up with 2.6?
33.gif
those are nice specs.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the specs on that stone. Looks like a winner to me!!!

JoinTheCrowd

Rough_Rock
Haha,
I am truly becoming cross-eyed. I had a few windows open and I mix and matched numbers for the HCA. What''s sad is I did it TWICE and made the same exact mistake both times.

So what are your opinions about this particular stone?

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-1732643.htm#

Would the loupie lady (hahaha if my gf ever found out I called her mom that I would get castrated
14.gif
) be able to spot the crystal in the middle?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2006 2:36:14 PM
Author: JoinTheCrowd
Haha,
I am truly becoming cross-eyed. I had a few windows open and I mix and matched numbers for the HCA. What''s sad is I did it TWICE and made the same exact mistake both times.

So what are your opinions about this particular stone?

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-1732643.htm#

Would the loupie lady (hahaha if my gf ever found out I called her mom that I would get castrated
14.gif
) be able to spot the crystal in the middle?
The word "gorgeous" leaps to mind. It looks like a stunner. Don''t forget to ask for the Pricescope discount from WF. I think that any of these stones are a winner. I like the first one you posted, and I like the one I posted (yes, it''s a VS2). I had a VS1 and never found the inclusions with a loupe. I have an SI1 from WF that I have to be in the right light to see the inclusions with a loupe.

The simple answer for your FI is to tell her Mom to feel free NOT to attempt to loupe the ring you get her. If I knew my mother was going to try that BS, I would not even let her hold my ring, but that''s me.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results