shape
carat
color
clarity

Argentina!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock

We spent 10 marvellous days there in May, visiting Buenos Aires, Iguazu and Mendoza. I'm glad to have crossed this desination off my top 5 travel list!

I totally recommend it. Argentina has so much to offer- from awe-inspiring wonders of nature, to world-class food and culture.

Just want to share some pictures/highlights from our trip. I finally got a chance to go thru them all- we took over 400 pics!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
First up is Plaza de Mayo, Buenos Aires'' main square. The Casa Rosada (Presidential Palace) and Piramide de Mayo are in the background

CGAR1.JPG

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
DH checking out the dancing at a Milonga (Tango Salon)

CGAR2.JPG

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tombs of various architectural styles in the Recoleta Cemetery

CGAR3.JPG

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
We visited the La Boca neighborhood, which is a haven for bohemian artists. The colorful houses were cool!

CGAR4.JPG

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tango dancers on San Telmo''s main drag during the Sunday feria (market). I''m pissed that I didn''t get their feet in this shot.

CGAR5.JPG

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
After an AWESOME parrilla dinner at La Cabrera in Palermo

CGAR6.JPG

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
We also visited Iguazu near the Brazilian border

CGAR7.JPG

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Iguazu Falls was short-listed as a candidate to be one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature

CGAR8.JPG

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
These pics don''t do it justice!

CGAR9.JPG

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Last stop on our Argentine vacation was Mendoza- a wine-lovers dream! Most of their wine country abuts the Andes range. Here''s Salentin Winery''s magnificent backdrop

CGAR10.JPG

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Possibly the most beautiful view from I''ve experienced from a winery- this is Achaval Ferrer''s Bella Vista vineyard

CGAR11.JPG

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
We dined at Francis Mallman''s 1994 restaurant and ordered the ribeye for two. This wooden platter spanned the length of the table!
It was an impressive dining experience

CGAR12.JPG

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Last pic- out on the lawn of the Ruca Malen winery.
Gracias!

CGAR13.JPG

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Awesome pics, CG!!! I hope to someday get to Argentina- it looks so gorgeous there! So glad you had an amazing time!!! Thanks for sharing these!!!
36.gif
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great pics! Definitely makes me want to visit Argentina someday. Plus, I really love that red jacket you have on in one pic...care to share where you found that? Ha ha ha!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
Grat Pics, I hope be able to visit Argentina soon, after this pics, I really want to go
9.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing! Looks like a wonderful country with lots to enjoy.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great pics Charger!! What a beautiful country. Glad you guys had fun!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Charger, your pics are great! I love how beautiful everything looks. I''ve never been to Argentina but it looks amazing. I''m gad you had a great time!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS, I''ve heard how phenom Argentina is! My uncle winters there every year! So I''m definately EXTRA JEALOUS!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting these! I have been wanting to go for about 5 years now!

Please tell us more! Any more restaurant recommendations? Where did you stay and what town?

And did you guys feel safe?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 12:04:07 AM
Author: ChargerGrrl
These pics don''t do it justice!
These falls look gorgeous; looks like a marvelous time and you and your hubby are adorable!!! Great pics! I would love to hear more!!

Festy

Shiny_Rock
Charger! I was *just* thinking about you yesterday and wondering how your trip was! It made me so nostalgic looking at your photos! It sounds like you had a great time. How was the weather while you were there? We also ate at 1884 our last night there. A gut-buster for sure and worth every calorie!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love your pictures! Look like an AWESOME vacation!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
OMG...I JUST watched Evita for the umpteenth time and it reminded me of how much I would LOVE to visit Argentina!! I''m so jealous!! How fun!!!

Your pics look great...those falls look amazing!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow that looks like an incredibly wonderful time!! Iguazu Falls looks amazing
30.gif
Glad you enjoyed yourself!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
hi ChargerGrrl, glad to hear you had a fantastic trip, i also saw iguasu falls during my visit to brasil, aren''t they just spectacular?!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
THANKS for the nice words, everyone! We had a great time and look forward to going back.

Monnie- you're going to DIE when I tell you about that jacket! It was from the after xmas sale rack at Macy's, and it cost $9! I'm a total bargain shopper- Nordies Rack, TJ Maxx and sample sales are my faves. I refuse to pay full-price for clothes or shoes- would rather use that money for traveling!

tlh- I'm sooo jealous to hear that your uncle winters there every year. Lucky guy!

CJ2208- You MUST go to Argentina! It was always on my top destination list, and seriously began looking into it last year. it wasn't on hubby's radar, but didn't take much to convince him that it should be our vacation spot this year. We love food & wine, and both are in abundance there. You get sooo much bang for the buck! I totally recommend these restaurants: Buenos Aires- Filo, Rodi Bar, Sottovoce, La Cabrera, La Brigada, 1880. Mendoza- 1884, Azafran, La Florencia Parrilla. We stayed at Sheraton properties in Buenos Aires, Iguazu & Mendoza, as I had hotel points saved up. And yes, we totally felt safe during our travels. I did leave the e-ring and jewelry at home, though.

Festy!- Oh, isn't Argentina marvelous?? I went through serious withdrawal afterwards. The weather was a bit chilly (for me!) in BA (around 55-60 during the day), but it was GLORIOUS in Mendoza. Our meal at 1884 was divine- that ribeye was no joke!

ficklefaye- YES, Iguazu was spectacular! I wish we would've had more time there to explore the Brazilian side. Next time

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for the update and info., CG!

We love food & wine too.

How long did it take you to go from Buenos Aires to Mendoza? And did you drive? If you used a tour/bus company, and you were happy with them, would you mind letting me know who they are?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results