shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you ready for some (college) football?!?!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
charbie|1315945840|3016758 said:
OSU vs. Toledo last weekend was awful. OSU needs to get it together. I actually had a discussion with my doc this morning about it. He was there (of course) and said it was nerve wrecking. Glad they pulled out the win, but the Big 10 is ugly right now.

My doc said, "I have 2 days a year when I root for Michigan to win: if they (ever) make it to a bowl game, and whenever they play Notre Dame. Not a fan. Pity either of them get to walk away from the game with a W." Teee-hee.

Gotta admit, we watched the ND vs. Mich game and it was intense! Such a great game whether you're a fan of the teams or not! Think that means more night games will be schedule from here on out, yeah?

My little lady should be here by game day this weekend, so looks like she will rock an OSU onesie on Saturday :love:

OMG CHARBIE!!! Are you starting contractions!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?! (I'm only mildly excited about this b/c I've been lurking in the Preggo thread ever since HH was preggers with A, who just turned one on the 9th!) Dude, I'm pretty sure if I was almost 40 weeks during the Michigan-ND game, it would have sent me into labor, LOL!

PS: How your doctor feels about UM vs. ND is how I feel about OSU vs. MSU or OSU vs. PSU, LOL. And I can't WAIT to see pictures of little A in her OSU duds!!! Lots and lots of *~*DUST*~* for safe and easy labor, chica!

ETA: Nevermind, just stalked the Preggo thread. I hope to hear good news about little A soon!

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
HollyS|1315943180|3016729 said:
calibali|1315248489|3010161 said:
vc10um|1315247031|3010143 said:
Alright...first weekend is over...how'd everyone fare?!?!

Michigan is now 1-0 after defeating Western Michigan University 34-10 in a game that was called due to weather after just a smidge under 3 quarters. I'm not totally confident that the team is "back" just yet...but I've seen flashes of brilliance in a much-maligned defense and DRob was pretty solid, with a few great passes from under center, so I'm looking forward to next week. Michigan's FIRST EVER night game against Notre Dame who, let's just say, did NOT have a great start to their season...

I just bought tickets to the UM-ND game so I could take my Dad (he's an alumnus). I'm already excited - should be a blast!

So,how was the game there? It was quite a game on TV! :appl: :appl:

Worth.Every.Penny. I was down pretty low near the endzone where UM was scoring in the 4th quarter and it was just insane. The section I was in was also the ND one (that little sliver where there weren't many yellow pom-poms), so it made it that much sweeter to celebrate after the final touchdown happened right in front of us. All of the ND fans thought they had the win after their score with 30 seconds left and they were mocking us, but alas their team sucks. :D

Definitely the most memorable game I've ever been to.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
vc10um|1315928134|3016520 said:
Missy! GO BLUE! I still haven't been able to really put Saturday's game into a set of words that don't involve cursing up a storm. I was hoarse as heck after the game and I just watched it in a friend's basement!!! It was freaking insane! And SO worth staying up for (my bedtime is usually between 9:30 and 10:30, LOL)!!!

As for the UTL jersey, I didn't really love it or hate it, but I think it was a one-off...I don't think they'll be wearing it again.

Seemed pretty cheaply made, though, since that one player was totally able to rip the hem off Denard's jersey and Denard was STILL able to complete that pass!
Our ND friend watched the game with us also and he said "I can't believe that f-ing happened" about 20 times that night lol!

Oh, DH was hoarse too. His voice kept cracking and we called him out everytime haha. He sounded like a teenage boy :tongue:

I agree though...I liked the jerseys better on the players. The yellow stripes go the whole way down on the sleeve, so if it's worn without pads, it looks kinda funny with all the stripes. It looks better when you can only see a few stripes, you know what I mean? I like the rest of it though, the M on the front has a cool design. I noticed the helmets were odd too...the #s were like stick on decals or something. Denard's # was half peeled off most of the game haha.

What do you think of Coach Hoke so far? I wanted to see him yelling and screaming or some kind of emotion from him, but I didn't even see him with headphones on until close to the end of the game!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Missy0483|1316016072|3017372 said:
Our ND friend watched the game with us also and he said "I can't believe that f-ing happened" about 20 times that night lol!

Oh, DH was hoarse too. His voice kept cracking and we called him out everytime haha. He sounded like a teenage boy :tongue:

I agree though...I liked the jerseys better on the players. The yellow stripes go the whole way down on the sleeve, so if it's worn without pads, it looks kinda funny with all the stripes. It looks better when you can only see a few stripes, you know what I mean? I like the rest of it though, the M on the front has a cool design. I noticed the helmets were odd too...the #s were like stick on decals or something. Denard's # was half peeled off most of the game haha.

What do you think of Coach Hoke so far? I wanted to see him yelling and screaming or some kind of emotion from him, but I didn't even see him with headphones on until close to the end of the game!

I just LOLed at your DH sounding like a teenage boy.

As for Coach Hoke, I like his talk, and so far I like his walk. But he's got a lot to live up to and a lot of ground to cover this season. He's got the right attitude and he can certainly recruit the hell out of the Midwest, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season and the rest of his tenure at Michigan...I have a feeling it's gonna be a long one!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
So...Buckeyes are looking pretty pathetic. I am dreading our game vs Wisconsin. Losing to MSU, at home. Gross.

On a positive note, my hubby picked out a new zip up hoodie for me. It was pricier than I normally would spend...but I mean...its perfect for a college football fan PSer :)

2011-10-03_10-08-10_936.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results