shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you "particular" with how you do things in your house?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori - I think the attitude of realizing that you will never fully understand why people do what they do is healthy, and good for you. We can never change other people, we can only influence them (and that''s if they want to be influenced.)

Haven - that''s what I started to wonder - whether I was being an ungracious host. But I think we''ve been polite about the way we tell people things and I do "curve my ways" to accommodate the fact that not everyone is like DH and I. Like I said earlier, people don''t realize they''re careless because in their eyes they''re just fine. But if they were coming from the right place, then they wouldn''t make comments. That''s where the respect comes in. If I need to accept them for how they are, shouldn''t they also accept me? And, they also have a choice - if I had a friend who was really anal about something (i.e., the dishwasher) and I found it really difficult to load it exactly like she wanted it, I would help to offer with someone else. I think if overall she treats me nicely when I am in her home and makes me feel welcome, her having "rules" wouldn''t make me think she''s being ungracious.

Miracles - I think on some levels, that''s what it is for me. It''s my house and I want them to respect that I might do things different than how they do them - and that "taking over" is not OK with me, or with DH. Maybe it''s some pent up "establish myself as an adult in my parents'' eyes" thing.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That and the serenity prayer is what gets me through most days
2.gif
I also try to be aware of how *I* play into situations and what role I play. Sometimes when I am upset at a person/situation I realize it really is *my* issue. Not saying you aren''t justified but like they say, would you rather be right or happy?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes we are and we only invite people over who understand this and respect it...

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori absolutely...also very aware of trying not to anticipate that they''ll annoy me so that I don''t go into it already annoyed before they even get there :)

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I am with most of you, I really do not like having guest "taking over" my house (any part of it) and do things their way in the name of "helping out". I am the kind of hostess that when I need help, I will ask very nicely and give very specific instructions to make it easy for everyone. Generally speaking I really value my personal space, so unless it is people who I am close to I rarely invite overnight guests.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results