shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you growing old gracefully?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heck, no! I *hate* growing old! I hate having wrinkles, age spots and grey hairs (albeit just a few strands).

I''m too terrified to have a face lift, liposuction etc but would def consider other procedures once I get to my 50th (but only if DH lets me. He''s always threatened me with divorce if I ever tried!
6.gif
).

TG, the Asian eye surgery procedure thing sounds interesting. I have double eye-lids but it''s true that my hoods are becoming more heavy as time goes by.

I do not, for the most part, dress ridiculously for my age - ie. no more miniskirts or short dresses. I do, however, on hot days, wear leggings and spaghetti tops, but only if I''m running around doing errands or going to the gym.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I am a huge fan of plastic surgery and have had some myself. However, I plan on aging gracefully...meaning, I will suppliment a bit here and there if need be, but I will not go so far as a face lift or vaginal rejuvination or have my hands peeled using an acid wash... I will do a little botox between the eyes and plump my lips if I get the fine lines.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 11:14:14 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I am a huge fan of plastic surgery and have had some myself. However, I plan on aging gracefully...meaning, I will suppliment a bit here and there if need be, but I will not go so far as a face lift or vaginal rejuvination or have my hands peeled using an acid wash... I will do a little botox between the eyes and plump my lips if I get the fine lines.

Ok Italia, please do not laugh at me, remember I am a grandma.. but... what is vaginal rejuvination????
23.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 11:17:39 PM
Author: Linda W

Ok Italia, please do not laugh at me, remember I am a grandma.. but... what is vaginal rejuvination????
23.gif
Basically vaginal rejuvenation is the process of using a laser to tighten the muscle tone and strength of the vaginal walls. It takes you back to you late teens/early twenties! Haha.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 11:23:58 PM

23.gif

Basically vaginal rejuvenation is the process of using a laser to tighten the muscle tone and strength of the vaginal walls. It takes you back to you late teens/early twenties! Haha.

23.gif
good grief, at my age, mine must be loose as a goose, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 11:28:37 PM

23.gif

23.gif

LOL!!!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock

23.gif
Ouch!! Ha Ha!!!
23.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2009 10:36:17 PM

Date: 3/30/2009 8:00:03 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
ladies
35.gif
here''s my advise...

stay out of the sun !! you''ll look much younger,plus less chance of skin cancer.

I may faint, a serious post from DF, but a very wise one too. I agree with you DF.
never understood why most caucasians people love suntanning
33.gif
most chinese women would avoid the sun as much as possible so as they age their skin would show less wrinkle.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

23.gif
23.gif
you gotta be kidding,right?
9.gif
does it work on the male part?
31.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 10:19:49 PM
Author: bebe

Date: 3/30/2009 7:23:44 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 3/30/2009 7:21:42 PM
Author: HollyS
Growing old gracefully? Me? Not from the looks of the gal in the mirror!

Botox? Maybe. If they can come up with a method that allows us to look less Stepford-like.
Collagen? Never. Nobody comes out with Angelina lips. They always look like a blowfish instead.
Face lift? Nobody is touching me with a knife unless I''m dying. I won''t say never to the non-surgical lift though.

Now, am I younger in looks, attitude, dress, taste in music, etc. than my mother, and her mother, and so on? Light years younger.

It is my goal in these next ten years to actually grow younger. More fit. Less Liz Taylor and more Liz Hurley.

And I''ve already given instructions to the hubs and my BFF: if I ever wear Alfred Dunner, take me out back and shoot me. ''Cause that''s just crossin'' the line.
2.gif
Haha, on the Alfred Dunner, now that''s funny!!!
9.gif
Oh my gosh, the dreaded elastic waist pants and matching top! Eeeeek!

I will never wear that stuff, nor a housecoat (anybody know what those are? ha ha)

Me - no knives. A friend of mine just had a lift this fall. She even had extensions put in her
hair (long blond), she''s 56. And now she''s on a huge ego trip, whatever....
Botox - maybe. I''m afraid it''ll move around to the wrong places!
How about muumuus!!! Or as some of those ''matronly'' catalogs call them, floats. Ha! I''d feel like a float in one!

I steered clear of last year''s big fashion moment: the big print tunic top in the garish prints. Reminded me too much of a page out of the Roaman''s flyer!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Kicking and screaming, my fellow pricescoper. You better believe I am. LOL!

What a great question. I'm sorry that I can't give a better answer. I'll have to work on this. As I have been told, it doesn't get easier.
38.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 12:10:19 AM
33.gif
most chinese women would avoid the sun as much as possible so as they age their skin would show less wrinkle.
Because many feel they look better/healthier with some color. I would agree. Not saying it''s healthy, just that it''s true.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 7:10:44 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 3/31/2009 12:10:19 AM
33.gif
Because many feel they look better/healthier with some color. I would agree. Not saying it''s healthy, just that it''s true.
I always look better tanned. I used to use tanning beds but stopped that pretty quickly. I am too afraid of cancer. I use St Tropez fake tan now.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As gracefully as possible for someone who''s back/neck has been blown out since she was 31. (Two compressed and one herniated disc). It has slowed me down more than I could have imagined in my worst dreams. Let''s just say that the 5 day backpacking trips in the Rockies or canyon hiking in Utah are a thing of the past. I still have people say I look like I''m in my 30''s, but I think they''re just being polite. Still, when required, I can hang with the 20-somethings and rock them back on their heels mentally (at least from the quick wit perspective). I work with a girl, 23, smart as a whip - first job out of college - but I don''t think she''s quite used to understanding that people as old as her parents, are quite a bit more with it and not as mentally "old" as she thought. Hate my hands though. THEY aren''t doing so well. Damn freckles.

I would do minor minor stuff - chemical peels maybe, facials, but more drastic? No way. I''ve had enough pain in my life already. I would not willingly seek it out. I''m more interested in staying mentally sharp and not getting old upstairs.

My mom''s comment, which I''ve taken to heart: " No matter how good you start out looking, live long enough and you''re going to look like a muppet." Absolutely true, and helps keep that quest for eternal youth in perspective....

Libster

Brilliant_Rock

23.gif

23.gif
Linda,
You made my morning with that comment! I''m still laughing
9.gif

I had my first gray hair at 13 and was all gray by 30 and tried to do the natural thing, but it just makes me look tired and lifeless. I struggle with getting hair color right. I''m thinking when I turn 50 I''ll go the gray route again.

I''d love to do botox and injections but am terrified of having an allergic reaction or having it freeze too many things and/or ending up with droopy eyelids
23.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock

23.gif

23.gif
LOL HA HA HA!!!!! Thanks for waking me up this morning!
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 8:00:03 PM
ladies
35.gif
here''s my advise...

stay out of the sun !! you''ll look much younger,plus less chance of skin cancer.
Hah! Too bad no one knew that when I was a kid - I probably soaked up enough sun to make the coldest lizard in the world happy.

I''m 26 - and already have some serious eye wrinkles. Probably due to my aversion to sunglasses and love of the sun in general.
14.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I plan on growing old gracefully. I''m 27, and i''m while I''m certainly not "aging" yet, I''m just starting to feel the effects of not being 18 anymore.
7.gif
My @$$ and thighs have found a few pounds they don''t want to give up, and while I don''t really have wrinkles, I''m seeing that my face just isn''t as super firm as it once was. I used to tan sometimes when I''d have a show or something (I was a dancer--- and not the naked kind
2.gif
), but I quit because I''m scared of cancer and don''t want to wrinkle my skin any more than it already will. I have to say though, I LOVED the way I felt when I was tan. Pale white women like me really do look healthier with some color sometimes.

I highly doubt I''ll ever have surgery of any kind. Not that I''d look down on anyone that did, but I''m happy knowing that while I may not look perfect, this is all me. I want to stay as healthy and in shape as possible, without starving myself and giving up the foods that I really love. I highlight my hair, so I probably still will as I age. I''m not sure whether I''ll cover up grays or not. Some women look stunning with natural silver hair. Depends on how I feel I guess. I use anti-wrinkle creams when I remember to, but I don''t want to do much more than that. Nothing with needles anyway!

I think back to the body I had at eighteen. No lie, it was perfect. Abs of steel, not a dimple to be found, and I had all the right "girl parts" to look great in whatever I wore. And somehow, it was never perfect enough.
38.gif
I spent so much time obsessing over the teeniest "imperfections" I thought I had. Rediculous. I always think too, if I had the confidence I have now and the body I had then..... But OH WELL!!! I can''t complain too much, and I''ll take the confidence over the perfect body anyway.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 9:21:49 AM
Author: Kelli
I plan on growing old gracefully. I''m 27, and i''m while I''m certainly not ''aging'' yet, I''m just starting to feel the effects of not being 18 anymore.
7.gif
My @$$ and thighs have found a few pounds they don''t want to give up, and while I don''t really have wrinkles, I''m seeing that my face just isn''t as super firm as it once was. I used to tan sometimes when I''d have a show or something (I was a dancer--- and not the naked kind
2.gif
), but I quit because I''m scared of cancer and don''t want to wrinkle my skin any more than it already will. I have to say though, I LOVED the way I felt when I was tan. Pale white women like me really do look healthier with some color sometimes.

I highly doubt I''ll ever have surgery of any kind. Not that I''d look down on anyone that did, but I''m happy knowing that while I may not look perfect, this is all me. I want to stay as healthy and in shape as possible, without starving myself and giving up the foods that I really love. I highlight my hair, so I probably still will as I age. I''m not sure whether I''ll cover up grays or not. Some women look stunning with natural silver hair. Depends on how I feel I guess. I use anti-wrinkle creams when I remember to, but I don''t want to do much more than that. Nothing with needles anyway!

I think back to the body I had at eighteen. No lie, it was perfect. Abs of steel, not a dimple to be found, and I had all the right ''girl parts'' to look great in whatever I wore. And somehow, it was never perfect enough.
38.gif
I spent so much time obsessing over the teeniest ''imperfections'' I thought I had. Rediculous. I always think too, if I had the confidence I have now and the body I had then..... But OH WELL!!! I can''t complain too much, and I''ll take the confidence over the perfect body anyway.

I could have written this post. I feel the exact same at 27.

Linda-that is one of the funniest things I''ve read!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I plan on growing old gracefully. I''m 27, and i''m while I''m certainly not ''aging'' yet, I''m just starting to feel the effects of not being 18 anymore.
7.gif
2.gif

I think back to the body I had at eighteen. No lie, it was perfect. Abs of steel, not a dimple to be found, and I had all the right ''girl parts'' to look great in whatever I wore. And somehow, it was never perfect enough.
38.gif
I spent so much time obsessing over the teeniest ''imperfections'' I thought I had. Rediculous. I always think too, if I had the confidence I have now and the body I had then..... But OH WELL!!! I can''t complain too much, and I''ll take the confidence over the perfect body anyway.
lol That''s exactly what I said! Funny though, Gypsy questioned in another thread if "sexy" wasn''t a state of mind, and I think it definitely is. I''ve been told I''m sexy more in my older years (not meaning to brag, just to make the point!), than when I was young. I do think it''s an attitude, not of thinking you''re "hot", but just by being comfortable in your skin.
2.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I just turned 27 and I'm already slathering on the anti-wrinkle cream each day, if that's any indication
10.gif

and the eye serums, and the at-home microdermabrasion (which I love!), and the facials...etc., etc...

No wrinkles yet, and I don't plan to see any for a few years!

One thing that is reminding me that I am getting older is that I have found a lot of gray hairs. I have a little patch on the right side of my head (small but I see it!
11.gif
). My mom started graying at 20, and I found my first ones at 21...so I'll be fully gray by the time I hit 35 I'm sure. Thank God for hair dye
9.gif

plethora23

Shiny_Rock
I''m trying to grow old gracefully but the older I get the more I seem to change my opinions on getting a little help. I turned 33 yesterday and I''m just starting to see the very faint marionette lines around my mouth. They aren''t that bad yet but I definitely can see myself trying to do something about them in a few years if they are bothering me. I don''t know if that means Botox or Juvederm for me but I''m sure I''ll try it once!

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 8:43:04 AM
Author: ksinger
As gracefully as possible for someone who''s back/neck has been blown out since she was 31. (Two compressed and one herniated disc). It has slowed me down more than I could have imagined in my worst dreams. Let''s just say that the 5 day backpacking trips in the Rockies or canyon hiking in Utah are a thing of the past. I still have people say I look like I''m in my 30''s, but I think they''re just being polite. Still, when required, I can hang with the 20-somethings and rock them back on their heels mentally (at least from the quick wit perspective). I work with a girl, 23, smart as a whip - first job out of college - but I don''t think she''s quite used to understanding that people as old as her parents, are quite a bit more with it and not as mentally ''old'' as she thought. Hate my hands though. THEY aren''t doing so well. Damn freckles.

I would do minor minor stuff - chemical peels maybe, facials, but more drastic? No way. I''ve had enough pain in my life already. I would not willingly seek it out. I''m more interested in staying mentally sharp and not getting old upstairs.

My mom''s comment, which I''ve taken to heart: '' No matter how good you start out looking, live long enough and you''re going to look like a muppet.'' Absolutely true, and helps keep that quest for eternal youth in perspective....
I love your mum''s comment! I spend a lot of money on face creams etc. and always use sunscreen. I will be 50 in October and people are always shocked when they ask my age as I never lie. They say I look in my late 30''s despite the fact that I have had to quit colouring my hair due to an allergy to the dye. I think it''s my attitude that helps too. I will not have unnecessary surgery or do things like botox or juvederm (I don''t thin things like that are popular here in the area of Canada that I live (the prairies).

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

23.gif
Aren't Kegals the "growing old gracefully" version of Vag. rejuvebation ? Tighten for 10 seconds. Relax for 10. Tighten for 10. . .on and on. . .It's something to keep you occupied while waiting in the car at red lights!

Keep in mind gals that we all cannot anticipate what surgeries will be available to us in 20, 40, or 60 years from now. By then, we may all have the option of a whole body transplant. They'll put our ancient, full-of-life-experienced brains into 20 year old bodies! I'll take THAT over saggy 80 year old boobies any day.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 9:55:17 AM
Author: bee*

7.gif
2.gif

38.gif

I could have written this post. I feel the exact same at 27.

Linda-that is one of the funniest things I''ve read!!
Good to know I''m not the only one under 30 just starting to feel a little old!
9.gif

Ellen, I was just having that discussion with one of my younger girlfriends the other day. I think the "sexy" confidence really shows. I can see it in other women I admire, and I hope to be feeling that way forever. I wanna be a sexy granny!
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am 34 and for now i am aging as gracefully as can be expected. i use eye creams and facial creams thus far and i have highlights in my hair so that covers the few grays i have. physically i am in as good of 'shape' as i was in my early twenties (no kids though).

botox? not sure, maybe...depending on if they can make it more 'natural 'looking.
surgery? uhhh probably not as i am not into being sliced and diced, but i would consider a boob lift after popping out any urchins.

crows feet, smile lines, dark circles...whatever those don't bug. but the one thing that bothers me about aging is even if you slather on every lotion under the sun and stay in tip-top physical shape, you STILL get that saggy skin at your elbows and knees. i guess there are surgeries to deal with that (ala demi moore) but that looks fakealicious. so...that is my personal 'yikes'....saggy knees and elbow skin. oh and old hands/neck...for you younger gals using lotions and creams, be sure you put it on your neck and hands too, not just face.

oh and everyone looks better with a tan.... i am really bad about staying out of the sun, i love it...and not really for tanning, but the warmth on my skin while gardening or whatever, just love it.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 3:55:38 PM
Author: Mara
i am 34 and for now i am aging as gracefully as can be expected. i use eye creams and facial creams thus far and i have highlights in my hair so that covers the few grays i have. physically i am in as good of ''shape'' as i was in my early twenties (no kids though).

botox? not sure, maybe...depending on if they can make it more ''natural ''looking.
surgery? uhhh probably not as i am not into being sliced and diced, but i would consider a boob lift after popping out any urchins.

crows feet, smile lines, dark circles...whatever those don''t bug. but the one thing that bothers me about aging is even if you slather on every lotion under the sun and stay in tip-top physical shape, you STILL get that saggy skin at your elbows and knees. i guess there are surgeries to deal with that (ala demi moore) but that looks fakealicious. so...that is my personal ''yikes''....saggy knees and elbow skin. oh and old hands/neck...for you younger gals using lotions and creams, be sure you put it on your neck and hands too, not just face.

oh and everyone looks better with a tan.... i am really bad about staying out of the sun, i love it...and not really for tanning, but the warmth on my skin while gardening or whatever, just love it.
It''s the saggy neck skin that gets me. No matter how you''ve manipulated your face to stay young, all that skin pooling by your collarbone is kind of a dead giveaway.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
what is all that excess skin from anyway? i know that as we age a lot of times women''s bodies shrink down a little, is it that? because even women who have been thin all their lives have it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 4:03:13 PM
what is all that excess skin from anyway? i know that as we age a lot of times women's bodies shrink down a little, is it that? because even women who have been thin all their lives have it.
Isn't it that our skin loses its elasticity, that is why it gets like that.
14.gif
Or at least that is why all those creams claim skin firming effects so we don't have jiggly slouchy skin.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 4:03:13 PM
what is all that excess skin from anyway? i know that as we age a lot of times women''s bodies shrink down a little, is it that? because even women who have been thin all their lives have it.

Yes, skin looses elasticity. The best test is the top of your hand. Pull the skin. If it snaps back, it is still good. Mine still snaps back, thank god. ha ha ha.

ha ha ha on the elbows Mara. Mine are getting saggy
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results