carat
color
clarity

Are you exhausted?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny|1290738237|2779450 said:
luv2sparkle, I'm so sorry. My brother had a head injury after an car accident when he was 16 and was in a coma for 6 months and a rehabilitation hospital for 3. I know how hard that it and that alone could more than make a person tired. Hang in there.

Thanks Imdanny, that is so sweet. That is very close to my son's situation. Coma 3 months, rehab hospital for 1 year. Now, 7 years
out as of Nov 3. He was 18 at the time and it was due to a car accident as well. Lots of chain reactions due to it. It was instrumental
in leading to younger son's drug abuse.

I really am not much of a complainer, I have much to me thankful for. Sometimes it just feels good to say it. A good venting.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I'm super stressed and exhausted. In the past few weeks and in the following 3 I have had to/still have to:
-Move my gramma into assisted living
-Clean out her apartment and put everything into storage. Anyone seen the show hoarders?
-Clean my house and prepare Thanksgiving myself
-Write a 5 page paper on homelessness in my county
-Write a 5 page paper about an obscure character in a short story
-Prepare a 15 minute presentation for Human Biology
-Help my other gramma pack
-Move my paternal gramma into my maternal gramma's old apartment
-Watch and read Hamlet and prepare to act like a character from it for my english final exam
-Keep up on homework and prepare for finals for my 20 credit hour course load
-Buy all my christmas presents (even though I have $28 in my checking :( )
-Decorate my house for christmas
-Find the money for and purchase textbooks for next semester

Can I just cancel the holidays?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Luv2sparkle -- I'm sorry you're having such a difficult and stressful time.

Ally -- I'm so sorry that you lost a friend. It's not easy to lost someone you care about. I feel for you and your friend's wife.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Fibromyalgia sufferer. Physically hard job, also.

Big hugs to all in this thread. Life is hard, try to hang in.

Sparkly things help, a little.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
sonomacounty|1290891747|2780506 said:

I'm sorry, sonomacounty. My mom has fibro, and I know how hard it makes things for her. Even sometimes simple tasks are out of the question.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
I'm exhausted because I'm pregnant...enough said ;))

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
manderz|1290788866|2779740 said:
I'm super stressed and exhausted. In the past few weeks and in the following 3 I have had to/still have to:
-Move my gramma into assisted living
-Clean out her apartment and put everything into storage. Anyone seen the show hoarders?
-Clean my house and prepare Thanksgiving myself
-Write a 5 page paper on homelessness in my county
-Write a 5 page paper about an obscure character in a short story
-Prepare a 15 minute presentation for Human Biology
-Help my other gramma pack
-Move my paternal gramma into my maternal gramma's old apartment
-Watch and read Hamlet and prepare to act like a character from it for my english final exam
-Keep up on homework and prepare for finals for my 20 credit hour course load
-Buy all my christmas presents (even though I have $28 in my checking :( )
-Decorate my house for christmas
-Find the money for and purchase textbooks for next semester

Can I just cancel the holidays?

I know you're exhausted from school, but trust me, when you walk across that stage for your diploma it will all be worth it :))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, from reading 29 pages of the BGD thread... :bigsmile:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sonomacounty|1290891747|2780506 said:

Sonomacounty - I am really sorry. I have dealt with fibromyalgia professionally, and it is a very painful, exhausting condition. Please accept my support.

I can not complain - things are fine, but today my husband and I were looking at our recent photographs and were appaled at how rapidly we got old in the last 7 years. We love the fact that we do not have an empty house, we are raising a young kid, but I just turned 50 and my husband is close to it, and raising a 7-year old has taken its toll, especially since none of use has taken any "maternity leave". In fact, I was commuting 73 miles each way through all of my pregnancy and went out to work (mercifully, at a different place) one week after my C-section. We had no choice, we had a huge mortgage to pay, and two kids to raise. Things are great, but I could not imagine looking that old at 50.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Manderz & Craszu.

Manderz: Eeesh, your Mom, too. So, sorry. Yes - "even sometimes simple tasks are out of the question". Hearing things like that very much strikes me because it so hits home and so few out there understand. Think chronic fatigue with muscle knots and pain - oh what a good time. :( Does your Mom do any therapies or meds for her fibro? Big soft hugs to her. Thank you for understanding. You sound like a very loving person from how you speak about all your relatives.

Craszu: Much thanks. The darn disease (dis-ease, for sure) runs my life, basically. So, I'm guessing you are an M.D., Nurse, N.P, P.A, Psy., Chiro, . . . You don't have to say if you don't wish. Thank you for helping people, though. I use Cymbalta, Topamax, Ultram as needed, muscle relaxers as needed, Tylenol as needed, massage therapy, chiro, therma-care heat packs, ultrasound to the ever present shoulder knot (that is the most persistent one) - all just fingers in the dyke, though. Oh, such a good time. :angryfire:

Interestingly, I'm also a late 40's parent with a child about the age of yours. Wonderful, yes, (but they sure require lots of energy). How far do you have to drive to work now? One week after your C-section? Wow. I can't imagine. OK, you made it. It sounds like you are all healthy so that is a great thing. And having work in this economy is something to be happy about, too.

Thanks much, Sonoma

To: Random Thought - Big Congratulations ! The greatest joys await you.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1290925702|2780771 said:
yes, from reading 29 pages of the BGD thread... :bigsmile:

No joke. It makes my head hurt and my blood pressure go up.

I am SUPER tired - Black Friday yesterday, went to bed late, and for some horrible reason got up at 7 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. My plans for a nap were totally ruined.

On the other hand, totally excited since despite sleepiness, had a great date w/ CV. :D

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sonomacounty|1290929422|2780794 said:
Thanks Manderz & Craszu.

Manderz: Eeesh, your Mom, too. So, sorry. Yes - "even sometimes simple tasks are out of the question". Hearing things like that very much strikes me because it so hits home and so few out there understand. Think chronic fatigue with muscle knots and pain - oh what a good time. :( Does your Mom do any therapies or meds for her fibro? Big soft hugs to her. Thank you for understanding. You sound like a very loving person from how you speak about all your relatives.

Craszu: Much thanks. The darn disease (dis-ease, for sure) runs my life, basically. So, I'm guessing you are an M.D., Nurse, N.P, P.A, Psy., Chiro, . . . You don't have to say if you don't wish. Thank you for helping people, though. I use Cymbalta, Topamax, Ultram as needed, muscle relaxers as needed, Tylenol as needed, massage therapy, chiro, therma-care heat packs, ultrasound to the ever present shoulder knot (that is the most persistent one) - all just fingers in the dyke, though. Oh, such a good time. :angryfire:

Interestingly, I'm also a late 40's parent with a child about the age of yours. Wonderful, yes, (but they sure require lots of energy). How far do you have to drive to work now? One week after your C-section? Wow. I can't imagine. OK, you made it. It sounds like you are all healthy so that is a great thing. And having work in this economy is something to be happy about, too.

Thanks much, Sonoma

To: Random Thought - Big Congratulations ! The greatest joys await you.

Hi Sonomacounty. I am an MD, a psychiatrist. Many of my female patients also suffer from fibromyalgia. There is an emotional component in it, too. It makes women very depressed, but I do not need to tell this to you, some of my patients virtually go through hell with it. I can not even advise you what to use, sometimes Lyrica helps, but I am positive you have already tried it. Once upon a time, a certain medication may "click" and really help, but it is all by trial and error. Again, my compassion, I can not offer much but understanding and emotional support.
My driving time is 20 minutes now. Things have totally changed. C-section, actually, was easier than another surgery I had 2 years later. I just pushed myself to get up and walk as long as I could, day by day, through pain, and it healed very fast. I hope we are OK and just pray that things stay as they are. And you are right about having a job.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Craszu, you are quite accomplished ! I am fascinated by your field.

Yes, the emotional component - that is why Cymbalta is nice. Also, I think it is one of the easier ones to tolerate. Lyrica - took a very low dose for a short time and could not deal with the swelling of the ankles and nausea that did not go away. The old med they (used to ?) like to prescribe, Elavil, I did not find effective at all. Savella is the new fibro med, as you know. I've not done that one yet, as I want it to be out there for a bit more to find out what people are saying about it. There is a fibro Yahoo group that I subscribe to that discusses some cutting edge info. A new thing is treating fibros with thyroid medication (T3) as they say we do not utilize our thyroids well. (I'd be up for this, I could use some energy. Literature printed to take to my very wonderful and progressive Nurse Practitioner next time.)

You are a strong woman with all that I'm so glad you found a closer job. Your family sounds beautiful. I'm so glad it's gotten easier for you. I'm sending my hopes that all stays well and even better for you.

Again, thank you so very, very much.
Sonoma

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
sonomacounty|1290929422|2780794 said:
Thanks Manderz & Craszu.

My mom, and her mom too. Makes me really nervous to "grow up", lol. I totally understand, she would get frustrated and be in so much pain after just a couple of hours of packing while we were getting my gram ready to move. I can't remember what meds she's on, but massage therapy has helped her immensely (she also has rheumatoid and osteo arthritis). Sadly, her insurance doesn't want to pay for her massage or pt anymore, so she's trying to figure something out to get relief. She's very seriously considering moving cross-country, as we live in a pretty cold area in the winter (think snow belt).

As strange as it sounds, she's recently taken up tanning, as the heat really helps with her pain, and a bit with the depression that goes along with it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results