shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you energy conscious?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I just found a great website with energy conservation tips that I wanted to share!

Here''s a few interesting facts I learned:

+ a flat-panel display uses 1/3 the power of regular computer monitors
+ compact fluorescent bulbs use 75% less electricity (and last longer)
+ you''ll save gas if you use your air conditioning to cool off when driving over 40 miles per hour

Find more here! www.energyhawk.com

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool! I have to check out the site you posted snlee...we just got an electric bill for waaaaaaay more than I ever thought possible. First I need to call the comp. to make sure there wasn''t a screw up, after checking previous years'' bills and with no change in our energy habits I feel like there must be some mistake, though. If there isn''t obviously we need to re-evaluate what we are making use of that is totally necessary and what we can change to be more economical/energy efficient. So thanks for that link, very much appreciated!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome, monarch! I hate it when you get a really high electricity bill and you haven''t been doing anything differently! I hope the website helps you save some money!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought using AC in the car while going fast actually used more gas because it puts strain on the engine?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 11:35:59 PM
Author: monarch64
Cool! I have to check out the site you posted snlee...we just got an electric bill for waaaaaaay more than I ever thought possible. First I need to call the comp. to make sure there wasn''t a screw up, after checking previous years'' bills and with no change in our energy habits I feel like there must be some mistake, though. If there isn''t obviously we need to re-evaluate what we are making use of that is totally necessary and what we can change to be more economical/energy efficient. So thanks for that link, very much appreciated!
I hope it''s a fluke! That has happened to me, btw. I was in an apt and never, ever got a bill over $40. I got one for $175. I was like, that has GOT to be wrong. It was. They came out and read the meter again.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do the first 2, but I didn''t know about the last one!!! Thanks, you rock!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results