shape
carat
color
clarity

are you crazy enough to go shopping on black friday?

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
monarch64|1353387837|3310777 said:
Hell, no. I work in retail and will be working Black Friday. I work for an independent retailer, though, and we're in a downtown location that's been there for almost 40 years...we don't do discounts on BF, and we don't advertise. I think they call it "Plaid Saturday" or something like that...this weekend people are encouraged to shop locally. We like that. ;))

I've only shopped on BF once, back in 2007, I think. I went to Sam's Club and got these flashlights with adjustable arms that you attach to your outside grill to give to neighbors and friends. I guess they were a good gift...I can't remember anyone singing their praises, though. I've never bothered with BF again. I'm more of an online shopper, but I still don't get sucked into the buying frenzy. I'd rather volunteer and donate things to those truly in need during the season of giving.

Small Business Saturday! Amex started/sponsors/somthings this; as a small business owner, myself- Me Likey!

As for Black Friday; has hell frozen over? No? Well, then. I'll not be participating.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might hit some of the small locally owned stores in the afternoon... or my SILs and I might go to the craft fair at the local fairgrounds for awhile. But as for being at the big stores, especially when the open - no way!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Nope, I hate crowds and I have all but two presents left to buy. I would rather pay a little extra than waste my free time waiting in line to get a deal.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Nope. Going out for brunch and then checking out the gingerbread house displays at Peddlers Village in my neck of the woods and later eating leftovers, streaming a good movie on Netflix, possibly some cognac and then bed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results