shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you bored with Tanzanite yet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to start yet another Tanzanite thread but this was at the request of Trishy.

I started collecting Tanzanite a number of years ago and seem to have amassed a few bits and pieces along the way
9.gif
I do wear it and love the rich royal blues that look like royal velvet (if that makes sense)! However, I also like the unusual so have a few pinks, yellows, greens etc.

Unfortunately not everything is photographed but here''s a sample. First up some coloured Tanzanites:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some rings. Carat weights, excluding diamonds, are:

1.50 2.80
2.75 2.00
2.00 4.10
4.45 Profile pic cos I love this ring!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Technical question, if it''s not in the blue-violet range, is it still called tanzanite? Or is it fancy colored zoisite?

Either way, it''s a lovely collection!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heart is 8.15ct and I'm going to have this re-made into a pendant because it is MUCH too big for a ring! Loose octagon/emerald cut is 18ct. Can't remember the rest of them (sorry!) but I love the antique looking set on the second row. They not supposed to be a set but I wear them as such.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pendants:

Two of my favourites are on the bottom row: the trilliant cut (this was the very first piece of Tanzanite I bought) and I jumped in with both feet because it's over 7ct if I remember correctly)! The other favourite is the Wobito Snowflake cut. It's not a good quality in terms of colour but the cut is just phwoar!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
HELLOOOOOOO 4.45 ct. elongated cushion Tanzanite in a blingalicious setting!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one. I have more but haven't got photos so this will have to do for now!

A few bits and pieces - not great quality but fun. On the top row is a trilliant cross over ring with one blue and one green Tanzanite. On the bottom row there's a bracelet full of windowed marquise cuts (very pale) but I think in total it's something like 8ct. I wouldn't recommend putting Tanzanite into a bracelet as it's too soft but if it's for occasional use only then it should be ok if you're careful.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!
30.gif
22.gif
6.gif

That is quite a collection, LD! Can I play in your jewelry box?
31.gif

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!! I love the set with the pendants....so lovely. I also like the ones with your finger full...Can you imagine serving a meal like that???
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG LD, you have so many beautiful pieces of jewelry and gemstone. I''m just amazed at your collection.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, LovingDiamonds. Your collection(s) never cease to amaze me. Have you thought about opening up a museum? Or at least one day a year where everyone can come and admire your beauties? Just out of curiosity, how long have you been collecting?

trishy

Shiny_Rock
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

****wipes away slobber****
OH....

MY....

SWEET...

MOTHER....

OF GAAAWWWW...BLING!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

i must say that right now...YOU ARE MY HERO
36.gif
36.gif
*** im literally standing in front of my computer and clapping***
bravo LD!!! BRAAAAA HAAA VOOOOOOO!!! after all your collections i got to see in the last 24 hours...
whoo i dont smoke... and yet?? have an overwhelming need for a cigarette lol

i am only on my third gemstone purchase since being on PS... but i aspire... i do
4.gif

thank you soooooo much for posting this... you have made my night!! my next purchase has to be a tanz... even if its only just a little one
27.gif
. i love tanz [you know me and my purple/blue im always in search of and still havent bought... its so obvious to me now... i need a tanz... i have always wanted one... ]
awwwww yum

i have so many favorites i dont know where to....
23.gif
start

i have to look again.... YUM

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Tanzanites%20for%20PS2.jpg

yeoow!! i almost chocked when i saw the bottom right photo
do ladies have that many rings?
23.gif
23.gif

some amazing collection.
i love that big 4ct+ cushion
good stuff

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Wow! My favorites are probably the ring with the 4.1 oval and the one with an EC in YG from the last photo.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Great collection!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/14/2009 2:38:31 AM
Author: haagen_dazs
Tanzanites%20for%20PS2.jpg

yeoow!! i almost chocked when i saw the bottom right photo
do ladies have that many rings?
23.gif
23.gif

some amazing collection.
i love that big 4ct+ cushion
good stuff
That''s only one grouping of her amazing rings. I think LD has 40 rings of each different species of stone there is, including her famous alexandrite and paraiba collection. I''m just in awe of her colored gem and jewelry collection.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG - they are sold as both Zoisites and Fancy Coloured Tanzanites. It depends where you get them from! They''re the same thing anyway just the coloured ones are normally unheated.

LTP - that''s one of my favourites too! Since I''ve lost weight though it''s too big and I daren''t have it re-sized.

PR - you''re welcome to come and play anytime you like!

Bookworm - that made me giggle!

TL - awwww you sweetie. From a fellow collector that means a lot.

AN - I started collecting jewellery when I was 16 and haven''t stopped!

Trishy - you are sooooooooo funny
9.gif
Glad you like them. Your comment about the cigarette made me laugh out loud!!!

Mark - do ladies have that many rings? Quite a number of us on here do!!!! Hadn''t you realised that you''d fallen into blingaholic world?

Mr Ma re - that''s a pretty ring for sure but the Tanzanite isn''t the best. It''s still good but not stunning iykwim!

y2kitty - thank you.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want to know one thing LD. How do you possibly choose what to wear on a given day?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2009 3:57:17 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I just want to know one thing LD. How do you possibly choose what to wear on a given day?

And how do you have enough money left over to eat?
3.gif

Seriously though, awesome tanzanite collection. I love the green ones, especially that oval in the first pic. I thought I had a lot of tanzanite, but this puts mine to shame!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif
Believe it or not I do colour co-ordinate and I get my jewellery ready the night before (how sad is that)!!!!!

JStar - don''t forget I''ve been collecting for years but am now a size 0 due to only eating bread and water!!! On occasion I''ve even seasoned the bread for a change
31.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful collection! I love tanzanite. I have the trillion tanzanite pendant in the middle row of pendants on the left - the one with 3 different trillions and a diamond accent.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/14/2009 5:31:31 PM
Author: marcyc
What a beautiful collection! I love tanzanite. I have the trillion tanzanite pendant in the middle row of pendants on the left - the one with 3 different trillions and a diamond accent.
Great minds think alike Marcy! Mine is very poor quality (I hope yours isn''t) and it was intended as a gift but for some reason just stayed in my jewellery box! I''ve never worn it but it is pretty!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
So lemme guess, LD, you kinda like tanzanite, right?
3.gif

That''s quite the collection you''ve got there. Beautiful pieces!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly that''s quite the collection. I love the rings especially.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2009 4:17:58 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

9.gif
Believe it or not I do colour co-ordinate and I get my jewellery ready the night before (how sad is that)!!!!!

JStar - don''t forget I''ve been collecting for years but am now a size 0 due to only eating bread and water!!! On occasion I''ve even seasoned the bread for a change
31.gif
Date: 11/14/2009 4:17:58 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

9.gif

31.gif

I do the exact same thing with color-coordinating and pre-selecting my jewelry! Unfortunately I am not a size 0. Not even close.
3.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
My answer to this post BEFORE seeing any of your pics was yes...that changed VERY quickly!!
30.gif
31.gif
30.gif
31.gif
30.gif

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
They are all lovely, but the art deco pair is my favorite!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The full handshot... well, I just have no words!
6.gif
I too love the deco set! What a DREAMY collection. I don''t think we will ever get bored seeing that!!!
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THANK YOU for sharing your lovely collection of Tanzanite!!

I love the rings but I also really like the pendant that looks like an upside down flower! And the art deco set! TFS.
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
holy moly LD!!! what an incredible collection!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results