shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you as concerned with your appearance and home

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Are you as concerned with your appearance and home as you are about your jewelry...do you shop til you drop to find the perfect clothes and things of quality for your home and family?are you an A type personality with work and relationships or are you easy going and dont care how you look...but your jewelry must be the best...for me heres my list

1-I work in the public eye so im detailed and aware about how i look at work...im obssesive about shoe and jewelry care...people ask me if my 10 year old shoes are new....but when im home and alone its old jeans and tee shirts and no shaving(i hate to shave) or jewelry...I like the cut of expensive clothes ...but refuse to pay full price...wait for year end sales...

2-I dont need an expensive car...mine is 10 years old...hate to wash that car...

3-I like a clean house,but dont mind an unmade bed or a few dishes in the sink...I hate clutter....i clean up while i cook.I clean the house before i go on vacation.

4-I will alway take quality over quantity in jewelry and things for the home....its in the details...Antique over new anytime...

5-I dont have to eat at the best restaurants or the best name brand foods.

What are the must haves in your life?

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I like this question. Here's my list important stuff:

1- My home is my nest, and I love to decorate! BUT, absolutely NO clutter. Here's a quote I live by: "Keep nothing in your home that is neither useful or that you do not find to be
beautiful." That motto really helps me keep the urge for knick knacks at bay. My furniture
and decor are all large pieces, so they make a statement without having to have a ton of
stuff. Being more of a minimalist helps me focus on the things I love, and they stand out.

2- Luxurious fabric, whether it's covering my sofa, my bed, or my body, I'm very tactile, sosoft
things are a must. Plus, I love having different textures, whether it's buttery leather or soft-as-a-cloud chenille throw pillows.

3- Shiny stuff! I have to have some bling in my house! I bought a chandelier that I LOOOVE,
and it's my favorite light to turn on!

4- Fun shoes, good handbag, and Paige jeans. Don't care what kind of top I'm wearing,
these things pull it together for me.

5- A good haircut.

6- IHOP pancakes. Love them, and have to have my fix at least once a week, usually for dinner.

7- eyebrow pencil and Burt's Bees lip shimmer.. love that stuff!

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock

Oh I‘ll play

1 My home is my castle! I love my home to be clean i.e. dishes put up, countertops gleaming, clean mopped floors and fresh smelling linens. I have antique furniture Art Deco desk, my great great grandfather’s rocking chair he carved himself. The only knickknacks are of sentimental value, pictures, a brick from the very first home in America that my family lived in, and so forth. I could care less for the yard though!

2 Like you Jewelerman I don’t need an expensive car, I drive a Chevy Malibu Maxx due to the fact I can haul the stuff I need and it has good gas mileage. I dont like to wash it either.

3 I like to look neat when I go out but I am not obsessive about it. I often go without make-up. I like to buy most of my clothes on sale, but I demand quality over trendiest.

4 I like quality over quantity in jewelry, but love to layer my antique pieces with new.

5 As a vegan I could care less for the modern leather handbags (don’t kill me) in fact I just gave away my Fendi spy bag, Todd’s bad and a LV bag.

6 I love good food and spend quite a bit more on it than most folks. Even before I was Vegan I would spend like crazy on food! Thank heaven that my hubby loves three course meals and nice wines.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m definitely more obsessed with jewelry than other things. I don''t own a car and when I do someday, it will just be a basic economy car. I don''t have a big/expensive house, but I do looooove to decorate and I am a bit of a neat freak with keeping things organized. With clothes, I like simple, classic, and well-made clothing. I splurge on denim to get a good fit and sometimes I buy nice shoes, but I spend less on tops. I don''t own that much clothing, but I like most of what I own.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2008 9:30:47 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Ooh, well.. I can honestly say that I loved the house I bought my
14.gif
ex-dh. I picked everything in it from the skylight in the kitchen to the carpet and the tiles for the countertops and everything in between. It was so naturally bright I loved it. I took great care of that house and was so proud..
7.gif

I very much dislike the house we are in, I have always felt a bad ''vibe'' here.. does that make sense? Its naturally dark, and while I keep it clean and decorated, I don''t care one whit about it. I am going to be SO happy to move out of it...
40.gif

On the otherhand.. I don''t feel the need to play keeping up with the Jonses, either.. hubby''s ex seems to like to play that game and I just cannot comprehend it. Like we care? The next place we live, we''ll be there a very long while.. and I plan to make it very homey for us. :)

*eta (again) lol
* I don''t need an expensive car. I drive a Taurus, and hubby''s 4Runner..
Mini threadjack: Good luck on your exams, SDL.

LS

ursulawrite

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/15/2008 6:27:29 PM
Author:jewelerman
Are you as concerned with your appearance and home as you are about your jewelry...do you shop til you drop to find the perfect clothes and things of quality for your home and family?are you an A type personality with work and relationships or are you easy going and dont care how you look...but your jewelry must be the best...for me heres my list

1-I work in the public eye so im detailed and aware about how i look at work...im obssesive about shoe and jewelry care...people ask me if my 10 year old shoes are new....but when im home and alone its old jeans and tee shirts and no shaving(i hate to shave) or jewelry...I like the cut of expensive clothes ...but refuse to pay full price...wait for year end sales...

2-I dont need an expensive car...mine is 10 years old...hate to wash that car...

3-I like a clean house,but dont mind an unmade bed or a few dishes in the sink...I hate clutter....i clean up while i cook.I clean the house before i go on vacation.

4-I will alway take quality over quantity in jewelry and things for the home....its in the details...Antique over new anytime...

I dress for myself, and mostly favour casual clothes, but generally choose stuff from Theory, Trina Turk, Tibi, Nanette Lepore, J-Crew and Splendid. For jeans, I love Hudson and Acne. So yes, I spend a decent amount on clothes, but would never, ever wear any obvious labels/logos--it's all about fit and colour for me.

My car is a Toyota Prius. My only concession to flash would be a Porsche 356.

I live in a Manhattan loft. I loathe clutter and appreciate minimalism and shabby chic.

As for restaurants, I prefer low-key places with high rankings. Farm-fresh will always trump frou frou for me. My fridge is ridiculous: it is overflowing with acai drinks, super greens blends, farm-bought sheep yoghurt, local orchard apples etc. I am a total food snob, a proud country bumpkin, and would rather not eat for a week than eat somewhere like KFC.

My long-term dream is to have a home with horses. I have visions of a dilapidated manse with acres of land--somewhere I can raise chickens and jump stone walls on Fell ponies
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would have to say yes. While I love a bargain, it must be of high quality and I must want it anyway. I like things to be well made, no matter the label or the cost, I notice details. I appreciate care taken by others too.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My house looks great on the outside. We have a landscaper to take care of the outside stuff. My house looks good on the inside thanks to the nice cleaning lady. I have bought some quality pieces of furniture, but I have nothing on any wall in my entire house. I''m not good at decorating, and it seems like I''m only home to sleep so I have never really done much on the inside. The outside looks great though! (I never had a landscaper or housekeeper until I had a major back injury, but I''m willing to pay to have that work done rather than do it myself and then go through weeks of physical therapy)

I wear suits to work every day and they''re fairly nice/tailored. Certainly not expensive though. My purses cost way more than my clothes! On the weekends, I turn into a total slob. I''m so of tired of dressing up all week that I just want to wear jeans and sweats on the weekend and days off. I don''t care what I look like.

I have to buy good shoes because of my crappy back. That''s one thing I can''t cheap out on. Unfortunately crappy back shoes aren''t the most stylish shoes in the world.

I have to have a new car every couple of years. Okay - I like to have a new car every couple of years. I just got a new car and love it so much that it might be a keeper.

I was never into jewelry until recently when I replaced my destroyed e-ring. I found this website when I was researching. I bought a gorgeous ring, and now I want more, more, more!!!! I''ve been jewelry deprived for years and didn''t know it!

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2008 10:28:11 PM
Author: ursulawrite

I dress for myself, and mostly favour casual clothes, but generally choose stuff from Theory, Trina Turk, Tibi, Nanette Lepore, J-Crew and Splendid. For jeans, I love Hudson and Acne. So yes, I spend a decent amount on clothes, but would never, ever wear any obvious labels/logos--it''s all about fit and colour for me.

I live in a Manhattan loft. I loathe clutter and appreciate minimalism and shabby chic.

As for restaurants, I prefer low-key places with high rankings. Farm-fresh will always trump frou frou for me. My fridge is ridiculous: it is overflowing with acai drinks, super greens blends, farm-bought sheep yoghurt, local orchard apples etc. I am a total food snob, a proud country bumpkin, and would rather not eat for a week than eat somewhere like KFC.

My long-term dream is to have a home with horses. I have visions of a dilapidated manse with acres of land--somewhere I can raise chickens and jump stone walls on Fell ponies
9.gif
I think you and I are long lost sisters
31.gif

Your fridge sounds allot like mine.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I shop way more for things for the house than I do jewelry. I spend more in that arena too. Though, I THINK (obsess - plan - create) more about jewelry. It used to be the opposite. In my mind I had this house decorated 4 different ways before we moved in. We bought it 9 mos. before we moved in. When it came time to buy things I felt a little hamstrung and had to get help from a decorator. This is not even mentioning the yard. Apart from taking care of my kids, I''ve spent the last three years thinking about every detail of this house. Floor to ceiling. And I''m still not done!!!!! I am picky about textures both in a visual sense and tactile sense. I really really have to have nice linens. I loathe scratchy sheets and hard towels.
9.gif
AND the house must be clean. I go crazy if it is not clean and picked up. I was flapping the other day about the kids'' toys being out. DS pulled his hair up so it was sticking out crazily on his head and shreiked, mocking me, "MESSES!!!!!!" Haha - everyone''s a comedian! I''m the butt of more than a few family ''bleach'' jokes.

I am super picky about clothes, too. I don''t need everything to be name brand, but, they must fit well and have some style. I almost never pay full price for something. I am a sale junkie. And a smidge obsessive about shoes. They can hurt like the dickens, but, I will tromp around the house cooking dinner wearing then if they look good. That''s what Advil is for!
28.gif
If I look good, I feel good.

As for cars. Hmmmm that''s a toughie. I don''t love my car now, but, it is nice and newer and functional for our family. I do like it to be clean. I was just telling DH the other day that I would like a new one. I want a Smart car or a pimped out black Mercedes ML. Two ends of the spectrum, huh?

Food, for the most part, needs to be high quality and nutritious. I''d rather cook and eat at home than eat crap just for the sake of eating out. I have a soft spot for filet mignon and am mastering that on my new BBQ!
9.gif
I do eat my fair share of snack cereal, though!

So in a nutshell, I guess I''m type A about all things!

With all of that said, the only ''must haves'' in my life are DH and my kids. I could take or leave all of the material stuff.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have visions of how things should be, and I obsess til I get it right.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
GREAT Convo!!

1. My personal appearance isn''t as important to me as my the appearance of my children and husband. I have long hair, and it takes a while to style, so usually it just goes in a pony tail! I buy our clothes at higher end stores, but I always use coupons (online) and wait for sales... I will never stop doing that... it''s fun!!!

2. I drive a fully loaded full size high end SUV... and it''s less than a year old... before that I had a fully loaded mid sized high end SUV and it was only 2 years old when I upsized... I had another baby and needed more room. My husband wants us in a nice vehicle... especially for when we travel, which we like to do!

3. My house is too big for me to clean by myself. I haven''t found anyone I trust to help me yet, so right now it''s a bit off. I own my own business and it takes up the ''bonus'' room of my house... IT is the only place that is always in ''order''... I can tell you exactly where anything is in that room!
emsmilep.gif

4. I''m super super super super picky about my jewelery. I don''t wear a lot. I prefer several key pieces over a ring on every finger and 4 holes in my ears... although that too can be done quite tastefully so... to each their own! All my jewelery carries a meaning, and has more sentimental value than monetary value.

5. I prefer when I sit down to have a meal placed before me, that I''m in a place that will serve me food that is better than what I can cook myself, and I''m quite a good cook...
5.gif
so that''s something I have a bit of fun with! I love Ruths Chris for steaks, the Cheesecake Factory for lunch, and don''t tell anyone, but my guilty pleasure is that new angus burger from jack in the box... WHAT are they putting in that stuff!!!???

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2008 12:33:29 AM
Author: diamondfan
I am the same way. I have replaced several rooms full of furniture after a year because it isn''t exactly right. It wasn''t just what I had in my mind.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2008 12:33:29 AM
Author: diamondfan

Yes, yes, yes. This is why we''re going to build our next home. My child has kept me up off and on since 11:00 so I''ll say more later.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I have a personal distaste for McMansions, mega-expensive cars, and people who spend ridiculous sums of money on their clothes and still look like they shopped the clearance racks of Dillards or Macys. I guess I dislike pretension.

I''ve never understood the thrill of $500 shoes and $1000 handbags.

I have nice things; some family heirlooms, some junk shop finds. I prefer eclectic over expensive in everything from home furnishings, to jewelry, to clothing. I find it more interesting. My home is warm and inviting; no one would ever be intimidated by my personal belongings. Expenditure does not equal taste or class.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
We don't own our home, so I have a disconnection to where I live. I like things uncluttered and tidy, but I have absolutely no preference for nice furniture. So long as I have a comfy bed and lots of candles, I'm content. If we ever buy a house, I might have more pride.

We drive a car that has over 150,000 miles on it because we hate to spend money on expensive depreciating assets. Still, in my lifetime I would love an insanely expensive, very fast sportscar for no other reason than I think it would make me love driving. My husband will not be allowed to drive it, he can get his own :)

I hate spending money on clothes. I just don't care...the only time I don't mind spending money on clothes is when they are clothes specifically for something I enjoy. So if I'm buying an expensive pair of pants for a winter climbing expedition, that's fine, but if it's a pair of pants for work? Boo!

In general I hate spending money on "stuff", so when I do buy items, I have to love them. If I don't love them, I hate parting with the money too much.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Well, I''m pretty much living in a half renovated house with no master bathroom for 2 years now. I have all white walls because I am not going to even think about painting until I can get the renovation completed, which won''t happen until after my daughter''s wedding next week.

I am taking time off to find a new contractor and get some help with interior design. The last one I hired took off with my money after helping me with blinds and one cabinet design. I don''t know why I don''t run my personal life like I do my professonal one. Next time I will. Bids and contracts and accountability is the way I am doing it from now one. I need that bathroom completed so I can get a refinance. Right now my house is not fit for company and I haven''t used my cleaning lady since I started the renovation. I really miss her and my gardener. Well, lawn cutter is more descriptive.

Othen than that, I drive a Honda because I need dependability and fuel efficiency. I hate cleaning that car though. And it shows.
32.gif

I have a mix of quality and quantity when it comes to clothing, but since I don''t have to wear suits to work anymore, I have slacked off a lot on clothing purchases. I really need to get better at that.

I do spend a lot on make-up, skincare products, hair and health maintenence. Pilates, gym, massage...things that keep me emotionally balanced so that I can get through the hectic stress of my day job.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2008 9:12:25 AM
Author: HollyS
I have a personal distaste for McMansions, mega-expensive cars, and people who spend ridiculous sums of money on their clothes and still look like they shopped the clearance racks of Dillards or Macys. I guess I dislike pretension.

I''ve never understood the thrill of $500 shoes and $1000 handbags.

I have nice things; some family heirlooms, some junk shop finds. I prefer eclectic over expensive in everything from home furnishings, to jewelry, to clothing. I find it more interesting. My home is warm and inviting; no one would ever be intimidated by my personal belongings. Expenditure does not equal taste or class.

Holly, I agree, money does not equal class and I also think flash for flash''s sake is not appealing either. But I really like to spend on clothes and shoes and bags, and I hope I do so tastefully. I absolutely see women where I live with more money than sense and they look like they are total suckers for trends that do not suit them and look nuts. I just find I do like the touches and quality of certain things, and typically but not always those things cost more. I even get that way with make up as I love the packaging of the nicer things along with the texture and color options...

ursulawrite

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/16/2008 12:21:27 AM
Author: Macie

Date: 7/15/2008 10:28:11 PM
Author: ursulawrite

I dress for myself, and mostly favour casual clothes, but generally choose stuff from Theory, Trina Turk, Tibi, Nanette Lepore, J-Crew and Splendid. For jeans, I love Hudson and Acne. So yes, I spend a decent amount on clothes, but would never, ever wear any obvious labels/logos--it''s all about fit and colour for me.

9.gif
I think you and I are long lost sisters
31.gif

Your fridge sounds allot like mine.
Funny. I''ve even managed to recruit my poor husband--a former bodybuilder--into the vegan/macrobiotic club
9.gif

Aside from the Fell pony, and perhaps a Dales, I have already added a heavyweight cob to my dreamscape farm
31.gif
They''re such incredible horses to ride--a bit like gliding along in a weighty armchair.

cob657k.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Appearance...um, not really. I love having "dress-up" clothes and I''m crazy about handbags and great shoes, but I''m definitely more comfortable in a t-shirt and jeans. If I spring for a new outfit, it usually serves some sort of purpose. DH and I realized recently that we literally don''t own synthetic clothing - everything we own is some kind of cotton or wool, so that probably says something about my stylings, and we''re both into really classic styles that don''t change. I''m a big fan of the sweater twinset, haha. Half the time my hair is in a ponytail (and it''s curly/wavy, so even when it''s "done," it''s the natural look), and I wear really minimal makeup. I figure that diamonds go with everything :)

House...more so, but I''m not into the designed look. Our home is very much a "professor''s house" - books and antiques and art and travel mementos everywhere. It''s looks lived in, but not cluttered or messy. I''m very proud of our home and I think that shows, but we don''t really spend a lot on decor. I can''t stand clutter and things out of place, but I love to see a bookcase full of books.

I do love having a cute car. My car is always clean inside and out, and even though it''s an economy car, I take care of it so it still looks new.

My extra income goes to the food/art/entertainment/leisure/travel stuff, really - that''s what I enjoy and find important.

Ohh..and I also like to have little techy gadgets.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2008 11:04:00 AM
Author: Elmorton
Appearance...um, not really. I love having ''dress-up'' clothes and I''m crazy about handbags and great shoes, but I''m definitely more comfortable in a t-shirt and jeans. If I spring for a new outfit, it usually serves some sort of purpose. DH and I realized recently that we literally don''t own synthetic clothing - everything we own is some kind of cotton or wool, so that probably says something about my stylings, and we''re both into really classic styles that don''t change. I''m a big fan of the sweater twinset, haha. Half the time my hair is in a ponytail (and it''s curly/wavy, so even when it''s ''done,'' it''s the natural look), and I wear really minimal makeup. I figure that diamonds go with everything :)

House...more so, but I''m not into the designed look. Our home is very much a ''professor''s house'' - books and antiques and art and travel mementos everywhere. It''s looks lived in, but not cluttered or messy. I''m very proud of our home and I think that shows, but we don''t really spend a lot on decor. I can''t stand clutter and things out of place, but I love to see a bookcase full of books.

I do love having a cute car. My car is always clean inside and out, and even though it''s an economy car, I take care of it so it still looks new.

My extra income goes to the food/art/entertainment/leisure/travel stuff, really - that''s what I enjoy and find important.

Ohh..and I also like to have little techy gadgets.

Your house sounds great! My dream house (in my head) has loads of built in bookshelves. You can never have enough books. My personal style in housing runs to the cottage look -- minus the ''cutesy'' stuff. I think if I ever won the lotto I would have a craftsman-style bungalow made to look like an original, but with all the modern amenities.

The only thing I really care about is location. The DH and I need breathing room; no rowhouses or condos for us. We want privacy, space, and a lot of trees. We prefer established neighborhoods with mature trees vs. the new and naked subdivision with a few spindly plantings.

We are not food snobs even though we can appreciate a great gourmet meal. Personally, I prefer ''homestyle'' cooking ,which we have no trouble finding here in the southern US.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I am really into skincare, but don''t blowdry my hair or wear full makeup every day - I''ve been told I look young for my age, so I guess at 31 I can still get away with that for a little longer ;-)

I hate cleaning, but let my cleaning lady go lately because of the recession - I figured it''s probably a better idea to save $ these days. Still, I''m a neatfreak and like everything put away, but I hate doing the drudge work like mopping floors - I only do that about every 2 weeks or so.

I am into nice cars - I drive a Volvo XC90 now. The gas mileage sucks, but I''m a SAHM so I only drive about 5 or 10 miles a day anyway, and my husband''s company pays for his gas.

Almost all of my clothes comes from Ann Taylor Loft (the fit is perfect for me) but I''m casual - mostly jeans & cut eor sexy tops. I do love a fancy handbag - Kate Spade is my current face. I used to spend more on shoes when I was working but I don''t anymore.

I cook for my family every day, but just ebcause I like it.

Overall, I like to "present well", and I know I''m more into jewlery than my other friends, so I end up wearing diamodns every day, which most people don''t do, and it doesn''t bother me if their floors are slightly cleaner than mine ;-)

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and I don''t do yardwork - my poor husband ;-)

niccia

Shiny_Rock
I am definitely type A and somewhat obsessive compulsive and I don''t try to deny it lol. My fiance is exactly the opposite.

House- I lease an apartment which I really like but isn''t exactly me. I love a really minimalistic, industrial chic look with some bling. I would love a penthuse loft with a great city view, except that I want to have a yard for pets and so I can garden. I love nice furniture and beddings, and even though I am obsessed with cleanliness and order, I still like my family and friends to feel comfortable and I don''t mind a little pet hair (they are worth it!). I also tend to like smaller places (less to take care of and decorate) and I don''t like any knick knacks.

Car- I have a nice little sports car that I worked hard for and I am pretty obsessed with it. I like fast cars and will probably upgrade every few years, even though I know it isn''t the best investment.

Appearance- I don''t wear a lot of makeup, but I do like to have regular haircuts and keep a polished look. I like expensive clothing but I don''t really splurge on it too often. I do spend a bit on handbags and shoes. At home I am also pretty slobby, but I would never go out that way.

Jewellry- I actually don''t like wearing jewellry. I love to admire other peoples pieces, and I love my ering. I don''t see myself spending much money on it in the future, although I am starting to get a thing for cushions!

Food- I spend a ton of money on food because I love to eat and I prefer organic if I can get it. My mum taught me never to skimp in this area. I also love good wine and entertaining. We eat out about twice a week, and I really enjoy that time together.

Travelling - I spent a year in England after highschool and, although I loved it, I hate traveling. I am a total homebody and hate missing work, unless I am visiting my family. So we don''t really go on holidays which allows us to spend money in other areas.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t shop much. But, when I do, I buy classic pieces that I wear to death. I don''t care how I look when I run to the grocery store, but I try to look put together if I''m going out. As for the flat, it''s still undecorated. Uh oh. I keep it clean though.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I are shopping for a new home which we are likely to rent out for a few years before we move in. I am really looking forward to decorating and a new place, even if it is just for a tenant. I wish my home now is less cluttered but I can''t help it with all the baby and toddler stuffs and toys all over!

I spend on jewelry and not so much on clothes. Cars are expensive in where I live (Eg: A toyota prius costs around USD70K here) so we go for basics with the car. I cannot make myself spend so much on a car when it is all down the drain in 10years, well almost.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Interesting conversation!

House: My husband and I are lucky in that we live in TX, so home prices are lower than where I came from. I bought my first small home at 25ish, and sold it at 28. My style has always been somewhat modern traditional, contemporary chic some would call it, but I just like rich dark woods, a soothing colour pallette, and furniture that is incredibly comfortable, without losing it's function. We recently built a patio home, and is what many would refer to as a McMansion (but at 2,300 sq. ft. it's hardly a mansion, more a McHouse
3.gif
) just built with builder grade materials, ticky-tacky if you will, for the most part. It's a pretty home, and I'm very proud of it - and since our passion is cars, we bought the smallest house we could, attached the largest garage we could find in TX. I'm much more OCD about my furniture than I am about my jewelry. I still don't have dining room chairs because I haven't found any that I just *love*! I just finally bought the coffee table I have wanted since December 2006. I take my sweet time on those purchases.

Car: I've always been a car fanatic, a huge lover of German cars. Mostly VWs in my youth, and Audis now (I have a TT Roadster with baseball leather and I love it), but a "classic" Porsche thrown into the mix as well. I buy the cars I buy for me, and well, maybe for the enjoyment of my husband, as well. I've raced with the SCCA since I was 16, and the PCA when I bought my first OLD Porsche when I was 22. I always buy them slightly used CPOs to keep depreciation down, or very, very used, in the case of the Porsches.
2.gif
My car is always impeccably clean, and waxed at least once every 4 weeks.

Appearance: I don't really care too much about clothes, or where they come from. I've found brands that fit me well, and that look classic. My one and only major splurge is Paige jeans. I think Mara mentioned them in a thread once, and I went to try on a pair, and I fell in love. I always shop the Nordstrom Rack sales for them though - can't bear to spend $200 on each pair! Eek!
Jewelry: I'm quite impulsive when it comes to most of my jewelry, but it's always a planned impulse - if that makes any sense. I have a list of items I would like to have, and when I collect Visa gift cards of a certain amount, I tend to check one off of my list. I probably buy one nice piece a year, and 3-4 average pieces every year.

Food: My husband and I prefer to cook at home. We've recently adopted cooking/baking as a hobby, and have started to become incredibly adventurous with what we cook, so we can often get a more interesting meal at home than we can in most average priced restaurants. It may not be better, but it'll be incredibly interesting!
2.gif
I think if we had the opportunity to eat at a 3 star restaurant like The French Laundry, we would most certainly jump on it.

Vacations: We splurge here - big vacations, at least once a year, because we know there is a fairly limited amount of time before we won't be able to run off to Europe for 2 weeks at a time or fly halfway across the world at the drop of a hat.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I''m a recently graduated with a degree in Interior design so I always have my eye out for design. I live in an oceanfront apartment in San Diego and enjoy a full panoramic ocean view. My apartment was decorated a few years ago but my tastes have changed a lot and it''s now an eye sore to me. I wish I wasn''t like that, because I think I''ll always be sensitive to my environment.

I don''t work, so my wardrobe consists of jeans and sweats and everyday clothes. I do buy expensive purses because I love the detailing. I buy Prada most of the time, but haven''t bought anything recently. I just sold my Louis Vuitton on eBay because I''m buying a house and I wasn''t wearing it anymore.

I don''t wear much jewelry, so it''s important that what I have is detailed and beautiful. Most times, I wear my only wedding set (by way of Mark at ERD and Ritani) and my Tag Heuer watch.

I drive a Chevy Blazer and my husband has a Honda. I love both the cars in different ways, but probably won''t buy another SUV (not very green).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results