shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you a neat freak or a pack rat? Your SO?

Are you a neat freak or a pack rat?

• I am a neat freak married to a neat freak

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I am a neat freak married to a pack rat

• I''m a pack rat married to a pack rat

• I''m a pack rat married to a neat freak

• I''m somewhere in between, married to a neat freak

• I''m somewhere in between, married to a pack rat

• We''re both somewhere in between!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I''m other - I like controlled clutter. Lots of paintings and photos on the walls... I keep my tchotchkes in a glass front legal case. I don''t mind having hidden messes - like a junk drawer (I have a few!) or a crowded closet, but I don''t like dirtiness. My SO is messy, dirty, and doesn''t care... It''s an issue.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 9:33:05 PM
Author: EBree

Date: 10/5/2008 9:28:51 PM
Author: princesss
I get lazy when the mess is already made, so it gets a little bad.

This is my problem too. I have to make sure DH keeps things tidy, because once it passes a certain point, I give up, and then I get cranky and scatter-brained. DH functions better when things are neater too, and I''m constantly reminding him of this. He just doesn''t see the mess.

Thankfully, things are getting better because we''re both learning to cope with the other''s issue in a productive way.
2.gif
This is our issue too. I am a lazy neat freak
3.gif
and DH is a pack rat. I much prefer things tidy, but it is hard to keep up since I don''t *enjoy* cleaning like some of my friends do. Lately in preparation for our baby coming, we have been re-organizing our house and keeping things tidy and it is really nice. Both of us really ontice the difference.

As for Dh cleaning his closet, I do it for him
3.gif
I just purge away and he doesn''t even notcie things are gone! LOL!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Neat freak (except closet!). Husband is also a neat freak---Neither of us are pack rat.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
We are both neat as it relates to clutter. Our house is usually picked up - no clothes on the floor, no dirty dishes left out, etc. The only thing we''re bad about is actual cleaning; we both hate it. We can let the bathtub go for weeks until it looks gross and we''re forced to clean and we''ll let the floors get dusty before we sweep. I would prefer to clean a little more often, but I just don''t have the time or energy. I''d love to get a cleaning lady to come every couple of weeks and do things like bathrooms and sweeping that I hate to do.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2008 11:16:58 AM
Author: elrohwen
We are both neat as it relates to clutter. Our house is usually picked up - no clothes on the floor, no dirty dishes left out, etc. The only thing we''re bad about is actual cleaning; we both hate it. We can let the bathtub go for weeks until it looks gross and we''re forced to clean and we''ll let the floors get dusty before we sweep. I would prefer to clean a little more often, but I just don''t have the time or energy. I''d love to get a cleaning lady to come every couple of weeks and do things like bathrooms and sweeping that I hate to do.
Let''s switch - I''ll come clean your house and you can pick up mine.
3.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I guess I would be a neat freak. I tend to let things pile up when I am busy, and when my schedule lightens up it is like I have a new set of eyes. Than I do some big time cleaning. I am due for a spring cleaning. I don''t get too attached to things, so if I don''t need something I give/throw it iaway.

BF is a pack rack. No other way to put it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results