shape
carat
color
clarity

are watches going out of style, or at least fading away?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
The other day, I was out doing errands and I forgot my cell phone so I did not know the time. I was looking for someone with a watch so I could ask the time and noticed very very few people wear watches anymore. I find I rarely wear my watch since my phone has the time and since I have gotten out he the habit of wearing it, I find it not too comfortable when I do wear it.

Do you all think watches are going out of style? Fading away?

Do you wear a watch?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope not because I always wear a watch. I think people look at the time on their cell phones.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think so! Not out of "style" at least, I think they're just as stylish to wear as they ever were... but they're certainly not as necessary as they used to be.

I wore a watch before I got engaged, but now for some reason I feel like they look funny on the same arm as my e-ring. I recently started wearing a watch again, and it almost instantly ran out of battery! I took that as a sign
3.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Yeah...keeping time is just a fad...

DKS
2.gif

PS. Pay phones...now that is a thing of the past.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 9:16:28 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Yeah...keeping time is just a fad...

DKS
2.gif

PS. Pay phones...now that is a thing of the past.
True that DKS!!! You never see pay phones anymore!!

As far as watches are concerned, I like wearing one. Always have, so if they are out of style, won''t bother me. I wear what I like.
2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Watches are usually the one piece of jewellery men wear; but perhaps folks are relying on the digital readouts their cell phones provide.....

cheers--Sharon

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I wear a watch all winter, but I leave it off and just use my cell phone in the summer. I don''t like having the tan line it leaves.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Though functional, watches can also be thought of as an accessory that accents your personal style. As you know, there are so many types from the Casio calculator watch from the 1980''s (yes, it is coming back into style) to more ornate bracelet styles, which look more like a piece of jewlery. Then of course, there is everything in between. So, if you enjoy accessories, just find one that fits with your lifestyle and you should be set!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a watch to work during the week. I look at my watch quite often during the day as I'm running from meeting to meeting since I don't carry a cellphone on my belt like guys do and I don't have a crackberry (yes!). If I forget to put it on in the morning usually most people around me on the train or at work have watches on. My watch stays home during the weekend because I like my weekends to be lazy and not hurry anywhere.
I don't think watches are going out of style. I personally have a few in my collection and looking to buy more.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
I wear a watch b/c I don''t keep my phone on my person it is usually buried in my purse so I don''t want to go in there just to look at the time. Plus I like watches and I think of mine as a part of my everyday jewelry. I don''t have a super fancy one I just have a few nice ones that I switch up depending on what I wear etc.
I don''t think they will fade out and even if they did I''d wear mine.
21.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally noticed that there are no payphones at the airport anymore! Totally a sign of the times.

I stopped wearing a watch in 2003 when I went to Europe because I figured I was on vacation and didn''t want to be a slave to time. I still wear one for business travel and during meetings, but that''s about it. I like not wearing it...one less thing to put on in the morning.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I only wear a watch to work because I need to time certain aspects of my job. My watch is the first thing I take off when I get home, and I always use my cell to check the time. I even use my cell to check the time at work even tho I have a watch on (habit I guess).

I did however recently purchase a watch for my BF, and we ended up refering to watches as "guy jewelery". Come to think of it, none of my female friends wear watches, only the guys!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to wear a watch all the time. After I got engaged I didn''t wear it as much, and now a few years later I never wear one at all. But I''ve recently been bitten by the antique watch bug and now I want a nice vintage one!!!

As for pay phones - tell me about it!!! I forgot my cell phone at work once and since we moved we didn''t get a land line at home...had to walk down the street to find a pay phone to call DH!!! Could barely find one.

nytrokiss

Rough_Rock
Never..... I still wear my watch and i have different watches for different occasions... I cannot rely on my cell-phone for the time because it is big and i have to reach into my pocket for it

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always wear a watch, I would be lost without it but then I''m not a big cell phone fan. There is hope though, my daughter who never wore a watch at all and only used her cell phone to find out the time has recently begun wearing a watch. Of course it has a diamond bezel, etc. Sniff.........I think she''s finally catching the jewelry bug!
face1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a watch thing so I hope not! In the summer I take it off if I am sweaty, but I still wear one most of the time.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I have worn a watch everyday for as long as I can remember, but even though my daughter has a nice watch I''ve noticed that she doesn''t wear it very much. She normally just uses her cell phone to find the time. Perhaps younger people are not wearing them as much.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I moved to a warmer climate I noticed that water got under my watch band and irritated my skin. I kept having to take off my watch. After a few days of this I just gave up. Now I don''t wear a watch at all. If I could solve the irritation problem then I would. Maybe a loser band?

So for now I just check my cell phone.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Not for me...watches are like another piece of jewellery except it tells time!
2.gif

peachster

Rough_Rock
I agree - my Cartier watch is stylish and I love to wear it for that reason - keeps great time too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results