shape
carat
color
clarity

ARE VS2''s supposed to have naked eye flaws?? HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Almost engaged

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone -

I just got engaged and LOVE my ring not to mention my fiance (what a weird word), but after being on Pricescope and looking at over 200 loose rocks I got really good, maybe too good at spotting little inclusions (any others out there with this problem!!??).

ANYWAY, It''s a BEAUTIFUL 1.5 Princess in a Vatche X-prong, F color, Ideal cut, EX polish - VS2 - BUT I can see little inclusions if I turn it upside down and look up from the bottom!! Is this normal?? I thought VS2 was supposed to be EYE-CLEAN!! I loved working with Whiteflash - but did we get ripped off?

No one else will ever see the inclusions, and I TRULY don''t mind them , but just want to know.

PLEASE, PLEASE help.

PS - I''ll Post pics soon - & thanks for all the advice over the past 6 months!

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
Sometimes it is good not to be experts. Since now you know what to look for and where to look for, you are able to see the inclusions. VS doesn''t mean there aren''t any inclusions. Of course if you are going to keep staring at it you should be able to locate them, especially through pavilion.

I took courses on movie special effects where I learned behing the scene issues, after which when I see special effects movies, instead of me enjoying the scene, my mind wavers on how they made the shot and what all they used to get the scene right. I feel it frustrating that I am not able to enjoy the scene without thinking about the details. My friend, you are having the same problem

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sure one of the experts will chime in, but according to the GIA site, VS2 inclusions are "somewhat easy" for a trained grader to see, face up, with 10X magnification. So I think you are just dandy. Whiteflash is quite reputable, I don't think they would misrepresent a stone. Try to stop obsessing, and just enjoy your yummy new ring! Congratulations on your engagement!

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2005 6:10:14 PM
Author:
ANYWAY, It's a BEAUTIFUL 1.5 Princess in a Vatche X-prong, F color, Ideal cut, EX polish - VS2 - BUT I can see little inclusions if I turn it upside down and look up from the bottom!! Is this normal?? I thought VS2 was supposed to be EYE-CLEAN!! I loved working with Whiteflash - but did we get ripped off?

I think there's your problem right there. The inclusions on a VS2 aren't supposed to be seen with the naked eye when the stone is viewed face up. You're not supposed to look for the inclusions by flipping it upside down or looking from the side. I believe that's how it is. I'm not a jeweler, but that's what my research led me to believe.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2005 6:42:57 PM
Author: codex57

Author:
ANYWAY, It''s a BEAUTIFUL 1.5 Princess in a Vatche X-prong, F color, Ideal cut, EX polish - VS2 - BUT I can see little inclusions if I turn it upside down and look up from the bottom!! Is this normal?? I thought VS2 was supposed to be EYE-CLEAN!! I loved working with Whiteflash - but did we get ripped off?

I think there''s your problem right there. The inclusions on a VS2 aren''t supposed to be seen with the naked eye when the stone is viewed face up. You''re not supposed to look for the inclusions by flipping it upside down or looking from the side. I believe that''s how it is. I''m not a jeweler, but that''s what my research led me to believe.
Yep. Diamonds are graded table up, not thru the pavillion. The VS grading applies to what the grader saw, thru the table, with a 10X loupe.

WF is extremely reputable. You have to be to survive doing business in this fishbowl!!
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Author:Almost engaged
Hi Everyone -

I just got engaged and LOVE my ring not to mention my fiance (what a weird word), but after being on Pricescope and looking at over 200 loose rocks I got really good, maybe too good at spotting little inclusions (any others out there with this problem!!??).

No one else will ever see the inclusions, and I TRULY don''t mind them , but just want to know.

PLEASE, PLEASE help.

PS - I''ll Post pics soon - & thanks for all the advice over the past 6 months!
One of my diamonds is a GIA cert. VS2 and I can see the inclusion when viewing through the pavilion. Face up my stone is clean.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Author:Almost engaged
Hi Everyone -

ANYWAY, It's a BEAUTIFUL 1.5 Princess in a Vatche X-prong, F color, Ideal cut, EX polish - VS2 - BUT I can see little inclusions if I turn it upside down and look up from the bottom!! Is this normal?? I thought VS2 was supposed to be EYE-CLEAN!! I loved working with Whiteflash - but did we get ripped off?

No one else will ever see the inclusions, and I TRULY don't mind them , but just want to know.

PLEASE, PLEASE help.

PS - I'll Post pics soon - & thanks for all the advice over the past 6 months!

Hello AE. Not to worry...

Date: 1/4/2005 6:42:57 PM
Author: codex57

I think there's your problem right there. The inclusions on a VS2 aren't supposed to be seen with the naked eye when the stone is viewed face up. You're not supposed to look for the inclusions by flipping it upside down or looking from the side. I believe that's how it is. I'm not a jeweler, but that's what my research led me to believe.

...Codex and the others speak truly. VS2 indicates eye-clean in the face up position.
I'm so glad you love the ring - CONGRATS on the engagement. We'll be watching for those pics.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results