shape
carat
color
clarity

Are they seriously THAT addicting?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://wcbstv.com/technology/blackberry.pda.sheraton.2.818223.html

Technology Can Be ''Berry, ''Berry Addictive

A new study reveals BlackBerry''s are becoming -- among other things -- the 800-pound gorilla in the bedroom.

''Berry, ''Berry, addictive?

"I live with it. I can''t live without it," one New York City resident told CBS 2 HD.

Yeah ... there''s a reason some call ''em ... CrackBerrys.

But are you having a love affair with yours?

"I am on my BlackBerry more than I see my boyfriend," one woman said.

The study of 6,500 traveling executives says 35 percent of them would choose their PDA over their spouse.

"That''s a tough call," one said.

"Oh you don''t want to go there," another added.

And apparently that attitude is being seen in the sack. Of those polled, 87 percent said they bring their devices into the bedroom.

Another 84 percent check their e-mails just before they go to sleep. Another 80 percent check them in the morning as soon as they get up.

"It can actually ruin relationships," said Dr. Susan Bartell, a psychologist and relationship expert. Bartell said couples should be interfacing more, but with each other.

"People are so focused on their PDAs, they''re not focusing on what might be going wrong in their relationships," Bartell said.

Of those polled, 62 percent said they love their blackberry or PDA, and most of them said it makes their life more productive. However, experts suggest, for the sake of your relationship, you might occasionally …

"Turn it off, spend some time with your partner. Have a real relationship with a living human being," Bartell said.

The study was done by Sheraton hotels. Among its other findings: More than three quarters of those polled say their gadgets give them more quality time with friends and family... and help them enjoy life more.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
23.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I have a Mogul which is very similar. I can''t imagine wanting my Mogul over my husband if I''m traveling!!! That''s insane. I don''t feel I''m addicted at all but I also don''t live in the corporate world.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Whoa
23.gif
That's ridiculous. I travel for business and I'll admit that my blackberry is great. People expect me to keep up with email and such even if I'm out on the plant floor doing stuff all day and nowhere near a computer. It's definitely useful for travel, but otherwise I never use it. Usually it just sits on my desk at work! If I ever start bringing it into the bedroom, FI has my permission to smack me
9.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
When I was in the corporate world, I used mine ALL the time.

cmarie

Rough_Rock
DH is in law school and I''m scared that one day he''ll need one of these for work...he is already an obsessive email checker and I would never get any attention if he had a Blackberry...
7.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 8:30:23 PM
Author: cmarie
DH is in law school and I''m scared that one day he''ll need one of these for work...he is already an obsessive email checker and I would never get any attention if he had a Blackberry...
7.gif
My FI works at a big law firm, and his BlackBerry is basically surgically attached. It buzzes at all hours of the day and night. Partners and clients expect him to reply immediately at all waking hours, including on the weekend. I''ve accepted it as a necessary evil.

However, there is hope. I just graduated from law school, and I''m going to work for the government. No money for BlackBerrys = no electronic leash. I was kind of bummed at first, but I''d rather pay for my own dinosaur of a cell phone than have a shiny new company BlackBerry.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
My husband does travel quite a bit on business and yes, he has a crackberry and they are addictive.
He does bring his to bed and reads his emails before going to sleep.
I know if i need to contact him, he'll pick up his crackberry quicker than his mobile.
If i need to txt him, i send it to the crackberry.
If i need to email him. i send it to the crackberry.
It's become so ridiculous that I've started to question why even have a normal mobile phone. He swears it's not as bad as I make it out to be.. mmhmm.

cmarie

Rough_Rock
Hey kittybean, my husband wants to do government work too! Too bad that doesn''t exactly pull down the big bucks like other law jobs... (sorry, don''t mean to hijack!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results