shape
carat
color
clarity

Are these prices good, or can they go lower?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

starz1

Rough_Rock
Hi. I''m in contact with a few suppliers for my jewelry line I''m working on and wanted to know if these prices are the absolute lowest, or can they go lower??

1.00 carat diamond with F clarity and D color, $2500US

5.00 carat diamond with VVS1 clarity and D color, $900US

I was more concerned about the F clarity D color diamond because this this is the best color clarity combo out their, can the price go cheaper when dealing directly with the suppliers??
Any help would be great!!

jennyann2

Shiny_Rock
have you seen these diamonds? i can''t imagine the cut would be that great at those prices. a 5 carat diamond for $900, i''ve never heard of anything that cheap. i''d be leary.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
When you say F clarity, what do you mean??? Couldn't be IF carity at those prices.
33.gif

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
There has to be something wrong with those numbers, they seem way too low.

I would expect a one carat diamond D-IF of that size to go for $9k-ish (plus or minus a few thousand) and diamond mark-ups aren't that high. I guess a D-I1 could be in that range...

Are you sure you are dealing with a reputable dealer?

For the experts out there, are conflict diamonds cheap like that?

starz1

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. Thanks for the replies.
The suppliers that I am dealing with are legit. So are these good prices then? Do you think I can find lower prices than these though? And I love for my jewelry to be the best quality out there, when I said F clarity, I ment the best clarity (since some diamond clarity charts out there list F as being the best). Anyways, so is $2500US a good price from suppliers? Or can it still go lower from other suppliers?
And what about my VVS1 / D 5.00 carat rocks for $900US each, can those prices go lower?

If this is the lowest they can go in the diamond supplier industry, I think I''m gonna have my designs I''ve worked on for awhile now made by the company and sold through my own website when the jewelry is available.

I love your comments so keep them coming!
:)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is a consumer website so most of us don''t have much if any experience with suppliers. that being said those numbers sound way to good to be true b/c it is my understand the profit margins just aren''t that high. I could be wrong of course but something sounds off to me.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh you meant Flawless? for clarity, that would be very nice. Well even if the stone is a terrible cut at 900$ dollars you could get it recut and lose some weight and still come out way ahead. However this seems impossibly low in cost. Are you sure you have translated the costs properly?

DoubleB

Rough_Rock
Those prices sound ridiculous!!! Lots of luck to you!!!

I''d like to hear from someone at WF, GOG, or DCD as to whether THEY can buy such quality diamonds at those prices.

bb

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
The cut has nothing to do with this low a price. They are not legitimate prices. Not even in the realm of possibility unless they are severely clarity enhanced or lab created stones.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
These are probably the same people bringing you a brand new $1000 Porsche 911.

31.gif

starz1

Rough_Rock
as far as I know the diamonds are not conflict diamonds and have not been enhanced.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
These are ridiculous prices. A 1ct D-IF Raps for $11,400 per carat, even a complete crap cut at 60% below Rap would be way more than $2,500 and there are only a handful available every year. Trust me, there are no legitimate suppliers selling at 78% below Rap of D-IF stones.

Nor are there any 5ct stones at 900 or even if that was a misprint at 9000 per carat. A 5 ct D-VVS1 Raps at 48,400 per carat, a total of $240,000.

I do not know who you are or what you are pulling, but I hope you will soon find out that the people here are neither ignorant nor gullible enough to fall for what ever it is you are trying to pull. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but if you really believe that you are buying at these prices then you need to get some education before you try entering this business.

As an old friend of mine used to say, "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance."

Wink

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got to ask this, and I''m not being mean in any way. If you are doing a jewlery line shouldn''t you know the kind of quality you want to use??? I mean why come here and ask us, kind of makes me think you don''t know a whole lot about diamonds. Sorry, but had to ask.
33.gif

starz1

Rough_Rock
I was just asking about prices, thats all. And I wont be launching my jewelry line for like a good year as I''m still in school, so I have lots of time to learn about diamonds still. I''m not trying to pull anyones leg or anything like that.

DoubleB

Rough_Rock
If that''s the case, it looks like someone is trying to pull something on you!

If it sounds too good to be true, it always is.

You better hang out here and get educated about diamonds before you go into business. Otherwise, you''ll be bankrupt in no time. Trust me, I''m a lawyer.

doubleb

starz1

Rough_Rock
cool, thanks for the info. while i''m in school i also am planning on finding a job placement for working under a private jeweler so apart from learning as much as i can from these forums, i can learn 1st hand experience from that jeweler also. i''m gonna try and learn as much as i can so my business will rock.

since we were speaking about conflict diamonds earlier on, I could ask now, are they illegle to buy and sell, or use in your jewelry line. I''m just asking! Like I said earlier on the gems from this company as far as I know their not conflict.
Any comments or opinions from you guys and gals are great!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2005 8:31:11 PM
Author: DiamondExpert
I feel a shill in the air...any one else feel shilly?
yeeeeeeeeeeep

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Even a 1ct F/I1 would be more than $2500. That''s all I have to say.
11.gif
41.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup, that''s what I was thinking too.
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/24/2005 4:41:49 PM
Author:starz1
Hi. I''m in contact with a few suppliers for my jewelry line I''m working on and wanted to know if these prices are the absolute lowest, or can they go lower??

I was more concerned about the F clarity D color diamond because this this is the best color clarity combo out their, can the price go cheaper when dealing directly with the suppliers??
32.gif
april fool in august?.
23.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2005 8:49:31 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
Date: 8/24/2005 4:41:49 PM

Author:starz1

32.gif
april fool in august?.
23.gif

lol df funny. :}

DoubleB

Rough_Rock
I''ve decided that I have several bridges for sale - for those of you interested, we should gather at the next snipe hunt held in Manhattan to discuss prices.

Investment quality CZ''s will NOT be accepted as partial downpayment.

starz1

Rough_Rock
I''m not a shill. Thats rude to say that.
And you guys never told me about conflict diamonds.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you know what a shill is then you know more than you''re letting on, JMHO.

starz1

Rough_Rock
I''m sorry if anyone thinks I''m a fake or whatever, but I''m not. I just came here to get your opinion on prices. I wish that this post didnt turn into this.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well then welcome and stick around, you will learn a lot.
2.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
20.gif
23.gif
38.gif

TimeTraveller

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/24/2005 9:00:29 PM
Author: DoubleB
I''ve decided that I have several bridges for sale - for those of you interested, we should gather at the next snipe hunt held in Manhattan to discuss prices.

Investment quality CZ''s will NOT be accepted as partial downpayment.

I''ve got exclusive rights to sell huge acres of land on Planet Mars!! Be the first to sign up and claim your stake! The lottery has an admission price of $199.99 to place your name on the list. Sign up ASAP, before you lose out on the chance to own a piece of Mars!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's something wrong here.

I hope the first post on this thread is a joke, right ?

Some fold would try to sell CZ for that much: crazy too, but in a more understandable way...

Ask them to send the goods to GIA !
9.gif
Or the police ?
23.gif
If neither matters, at least make sure you know what you are getting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results