shape
carat
color
clarity

Are these good diamond measurements?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

singer

Brilliant_Rock
I have a .90 round diamond that is IGI certified. The specs read as:

Measurement: 5.95 - 6.00 x 3.80 mm
Weight: .90 carat
Color: Near Colorless (I-J)
Clarity: SI1/SI2
Polish/Symmetry: Good/Good

The price was (2 years ago): $2,999

Questions:
1. Is this a well-cut stone?
2. Why the split grading?
3. Is this a good depth? (How do you figure out the depth? I took 3.80 divided by 5.975 (halfway between 5.95 & 6.00) and came up with a depth of 63.6%.
Did I do this right, and is this a good depth?

I have never received comments on my diamond, so I thought I would ask
emteeth.gif
I know SI2 isn''t the best, but every jeweler who has seen my diamond has said that it is definitely an SI1, not an SI2. Yeah! I cannot see any visible inclusions at all (except for one very small inclusion which is hidden under a prong). Jewelers have told me that my stone was definitely graded lower than it really is...good for me, huh!?

I think my diamond''s table is a little smaller than it should (or could) be, but it sparkles so beautifully. I really love it. Let me know what you think! Thanks everyone! I really love this website and just wanted to say that everyone is so friendly and helpful! Thanks again!
2.gif

--Laura

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Dear Pricescopers,
I''m really only concerned about the cut and the depth...sorry if my post was too long and overwhelming
emcrook.gif
Thanks so much!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Singer,

Your stone is a little deep. It's also not facing up as large as a .90ct should. That being said, if it sparkles like crazy (and you're happy with it), then don't worry! I bet it's beautiful. As for having an SI1, I have one, and I see no inclusions. Ever. No SI1 was created equal, however, so if yours is eye-clean, it was probably an excellent buy!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
If the stone has a table below 53% then the depth is perfect.
There are many factors and too little info.
But if you want answers then buy an ideal-scope. It works on a set stone.

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Gary,
Thanks for the response!

How do I calculate the table? Those measurements are all I know about my stone, so is it even possible to figure out what the table % is?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2006 7:09:22 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
If the stone has a table below 53% then the depth is perfect.
There are many factors and too little info.
But if you want answers then buy an ideal-scope. It works on a set stone.
I'm just curious as to how this works, Gary. I thought that the carat size determined how large the table should be in an excellent cut. From there, the depth should be in a certain range. If not, why look for depths of 60 to 62?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results