shape
carat
color
clarity

Are the leaves changing colors where you live?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins1 said:
Here in SE Michigan, most everything is still green, but a few trees in the courtyard at work have a few pink leaves. :appl:

Same here! Same location (roughly) and I think we may have the same shrubs in our work courtyards, LOL!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Not yet here in mideastern minnesota, everything is so green from all the rain we have had except the soybeans are turning yellow and I have a confused amur maple that is thinking about it. I think the peak for us is about the first to the second week of october.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
soocool said:
We are headed up to the Bloomsburg Fair (Bloomsburg PA) on Sept 25 and perhaps will see some nice foliage. Lady Antebellum will be performing on Monday night so we will let DD miss 2 days of school (she'll ride home with my nephew) and we wil continue perhaps to NY state to find the "fall foliage" and perhaps sample some wine in the Fingerlakes.
The finger-lakes are gorgeous! I would definitely seek out Bully Hill Vineyards. It's our favorite "local" vineyard (we're transplanted from Buffalo, NY to CT) It's near Keuka Lake.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunately, the leaves never really seem to change here in So. Cal.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
davi_el_mejor said:
soocool said:
We are headed up to the Bloomsburg Fair (Bloomsburg PA) on Sept 25 and perhaps will see some nice foliage. Lady Antebellum will be performing on Monday night so we will let DD miss 2 days of school (she'll ride home with my nephew) and we wil continue perhaps to NY state to find the "fall foliage" and perhaps sample some wine in the Fingerlakes.
The finger-lakes are gorgeous! I would definitely seek out Bully Hill Vineyards. It's our favorite "local" vineyard (we're transplanted from Buffalo, NY to CT) It's near Keuka Lake.

I'll add in a rec for Wagner, over on Seneca. I went to college in the Finger Lakes, and drive through it multiple times a year on the way to visit MIL in Rochester, so let me know if you need any recommendations!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Elrohwen said:
davi_el_mejor said:
soocool said:

I'll add in a rec for Wagner, over on Seneca. I went to college in the Finger Lakes, and drive through it multiple times a year on the way to visit MIL in Rochester, so let me know if you need any recommendations!

First DH wants to go to Watkins Glen (he's a big NASCAR fan) and then he wants to go to Glenora Vineyards (we were there many years ago).

Elrohwen :We'll have to check out Wagner if we have time.

davi: found Bully Hill Vineyards onthe map. We'll have to see if we have time to make it over there.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, not. Evergreen everhills.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
In the pacific NW they were fully green when I left the country at the end of August. I got back on 9/11 and they were already changing- there's some type of small shrubby tree (my technical term there- my mom is really into plants and would probably smack me for having no clue what they are) that turns bright red and is the very first thing to turn, and they're all flamingly red. And some of the other trees are starting too. Not the maples yet. We get a good, long fall with lots of leaf colors usually, and it takes into like late November for the trees to be bare.

I remember being startled by how dang *fast* fall and winter hit in Colorado when we lived there- it was like one minute 90 out, the next snowy, and if you blinked you missed the tree change... but the aspens were fabulous for like a week or so.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results