shape
carat
color
clarity

Are the claws still asymmetrical?? (Danhov through WhiteFlash)

hotink

Rough_Rock
My fiance ordered a ring with custom setting from Danhov through Whiteflash.

When he received the ring before the proposal, he immediately noticed that the claws were asymmetrical/skewed. And also not in the shape he initially requested (heart-shaped claws like their classic collection). We figured accidents happen so we shipped the ring back to whiteflash after the proposal for them to send to Danhov. The Whiteflash customer support were very helpful during this process. Though I do not know why Whiteflash did not notify my fiance that they received a flawed product in the first place.

Initially we were promised that the revision takes about 3 weeks, but then it turned out to be 1.5 months due to "COVID delays". Today we finally received the pre-shipping images. BUT THE CLAWS ARE STILL SKEWED? SEE IMAGES BELOW. The flaw is so obvious that we can immediately spot it with our bare eyes. I am very upset at this point as I do not see any quality control from Danhov.

At this point, I don't even know I should trust Danhov to fix the ring again? Are symmetrical claws too much to ask for??

Or should I just opt for their non-custom setting and hope that it will be symmetrical?

(We based our custom design off of one of their classico setting. Only requested to widen the band from 1.6mm to 1.7-1.8mm and lower the basket.)

Danhov-Classico-Single-Shank-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-from-Whiteflash_67281_70897_...jpeg Danhov-Classico-Single-Shank-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-from-Whiteflash_67281_70897_...jpeg

Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
When I blow up the image and compare it to features on the diamond it appears to be aligned well and similar sized prongs.
The reflections are making them appear way way off.
I could be wrong as photos can be deceptive.
If its not shipped have WF have multiple people look at it and then discuss it with you.

hotink

Rough_Rock
When I blow up the image and compare it to features on the diamond it appears to be aligned well and similar sized prongs.
The reflections are making them appear way way off.
I could be wrong as photos can be deceptive.
If its not shipped have WF have multiple people look at it and then discuss it with you.

Thank you for your input! We sent this image back to Whiteflash for them to check.....

275278957_1044648419784370_4242478044004298002_n.jpeg

seafarm

Shiny_Rock
I’m definitely no expert, but not only do the claws look a little skewed but if the pics are taken from directly above, the stone is not set in the middle of the band.

To me, this is particularly noticeable in your second (back of the ring) pic. More of the setting is visible at the top part of the ring than the bottom….if you understand what I mean.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@hotink ,
On behalf of the Whiteflash team I’m very sorry for your frustration and inconvenience. This is normally a very reliable designer but it seems the issue still has not been resolved.

Our production and customer care team are discussing the best way forward. We are in receipt of your message suggesting you might like to switch to another design, and we are evaluating that option.

Please give us a few hours to come up with some recommendations for you.

Thank you for your patience. Our goal is for you to be fully satisfied with your engagement ring and we will continue working with you toward that goal.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just an update for those following this thread - the OP opted to stay with the original design and the good folks at Danhov stepped up and are re-making the ring and giving it priority. We have confidence that execution will be top quality and this will soon have a happy ending.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results