shape
carat
color
clarity

are maralambo {sp?} garnets worth anything?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I have a ring that is a maralambo {sp?} garnet, ruby and brown diamond ring. It is really pretty. The diamonds and rubies are paved into a black-rodium setting.

I know some garnets are common, some not.

It was given to me maybe 5 years ago for a birthday {because my birthstone is garnet}.

thanks for any info.

Roger Dery

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/21/2010 8:01:07 PM
Author:Amber St. Clare
I have a ring that is a maralambo {sp?} garnet, ruby and brown diamond ring. It is really pretty. The diamonds and rubies are paved into a black-rodium setting.

I know some garnets are common, some not. It was given to me maybe 5 years ago for a birthday {because my birthstone is garnet}.
Hi Amber,
Maralambo is a location is southeastern Madagascar. The Garnets mined there are of a color that is reminiscent of stones mined near Namanga, Kenya, and Tanga, Tanzania. Namanga is the border town between Kenya/Tanzania situated roughly half way between Tanga at the ocean on the east, and Lake Victoria on the west. Many of the red Garnets mined throughout east Africa and Madagascar have a slightly orangy secondary hue. In larger sizes they do become darker, and generally more red.

As far as value, they will be somewhere above a typical Pyrope/Almandine blend, and then less than a medium quality Rhodolite.

Hope you find this a little helpful.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
As far as resale value or rarity goes, I don''t think that they are especially rare or expensive. However, what matters is that you love and enjoy it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It all depends on the colour, but it is not particularly rare nor expensive. As Roger said, the name only tells us its origin. That said, if you love it, that's all that matters.
2.gif

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!

I do love this ring--it was my first introduction to colored diamonds
31.gif
I''ve only been able to get a small ring with pink diamonds in addition to it.
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results