shape
carat
color
clarity

aquamarine or blue topaz?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

abrooke22

Rough_Rock
Need Help!! I think I finally found what we want. Anyone have thoughts?

http://www.belljewels.com/Aquamarine-1_65ct_Blue_Aquamarine_Diamonds_Ring.html

http://www.belljewels.com/Topaz-London_Blue_Topaz_Diamonds_Ring_14k_White_Gold.html

eventually i''d like to get a spinel or sapphire set in instead. But my price range is very limited! Thanks so much everyone

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neither of those rings rock my world, sorry.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the setting is pretty. The aqua might be a little light. I love the color of London Blues. Is this for a RHR or an ering?

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!

I think the setting styles are pretty. Unfortunately I think you could do better with your budget, because aquas or topazes like the ones shown are not expensive. Just as an example, check out Etsy, for instance OneGarnetGirl. She does bezel settings, so it may not suit your style, but you''ll get some price reference
1.gif
Good luck!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/onegarnetgirl

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, I just re-read your post that you may want to reset another stone in the setting eventually. Somehow I think in that case you may be better of with a Lord Of The Gem Rings from Ebay and an affordable stone. I hope this helps without discouraging you
21.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
If it has to be one of those two I'd go with topaz cause a) I like the color better, b) it's less expensive, c) I prefer this color combo for the given ring style.

But if you plan a reset, make sure it's a setting that can hold up to resetting i.e. that won't suffer too much damage in the process and get ruined. It can happen with affordable settings due to insufficient amount of material and defects in production.

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
The aquamarine has that watered down look, and to be honest, I don''t think that''s the most graceful setting. By the time you can afford a sapphire, you''ll probably want a better setting than this anyway, so I''d save my money if I were you, unless you are desperately looking for something urgent like an engagement ring. Just my two cents.

abrooke22

Rough_Rock
I''ve looked at the rings at one garnet. perhaps i''ll have to look again. I''d use it as an e-ring.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting of the aquamarine is nice but the stone isn’t. I suspect it might be a stock picture. If it isn’t, then I’d assume the aquamarine to be heated (not a big issue) but it is very gray, greenish and light. Unless you happen to love it, I’d pass on it. The blue topaz has better colour but the reason is because it has been irradiated, as with 99% of blue topazes in the market. For both, it looks like the bulk of the price is in the setting but it appears that you are only interested in the setting?

abrooke22

Rough_Rock
I''ve been trying to find something I like in general. I know the blue topaz is suppose to be a "cheap" ring because of the radiation. But I lOVE the coloring on it. I do like the way the bezels looks, but with all the stackers. I also know I''ve read that the blue topaz shouldn''t be used because its soft. But using it in a bezel cut, that shouldn''t be as big of a issue?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results