shape
carat
color
clarity

Aquamarine asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I saw on Gene''s blog that he had found what he considered to be really nice aqua from Mozambique in Tucson. I emailed him to ask if he would be willing to cut me an asscher. He said he would. He said the crystal on the piece was totally clean, and flawless. He said he would prefer to heat it to burn off a slight green cast which I said was fine with me. The stone ended up at 2.86 ct. and 8.05 mm. First up Gene''s pics. I was only able to get two to post which do not show the lovely cut.

9921.jpg

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock

9922a.jpg

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
My not so great photo in incandescent light...

DSC002021.JPG

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Stunning, simply stunning.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Gailey.

Another in incandescent light. My outdoor shots need to be retaken.

DSC002031.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the color is great and the cut is wonderful. Congratulations I am positive you''ll enjoy it. Are you planning to set it?

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful stone! I love it, enjoy :)

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Amazing colour. Enjoy!

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! What are you going to do with it?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks very yummy and crisp!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gene’s pictures show a lovely bright blue aquamarine; I take it that you just couldn’t get your camera to coorperate?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Mmmm aqua. That looks SO pretty.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2010 9:26:16 AM
Author: Chrono
Gene’s pictures show a lovely bright blue aquamarine; I take it that you just couldn’t get your camera to coorperate?
Thanks everyone.

Chrono, my pictures never turn out well. Here is a very blurry picture that I am only posting because the color looks much better.

DSC001951.JPG

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
And yes, I am going to set it. It will be bezeled similar to Mochi''s chrysoberyl probably. I don''t know if white or yellow gold would look better. I''m not sure if I could even find a jeweler who would be willing to bezel it in white gold. I know LTP was able to get someone to bezel her scapolite in white. No sun here today. I wanted to take some new photos outside.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gotcha! Yes, the blurry picture shows better saturation. It is going to look awesome in a bezel like Mochi’s WF ring. How about asking WF since they know how to handle softer stones, can do both white and yellow gold, and you know their workmanship will be impeccable?

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
WOW..that is one nice looking stone..so nice to see some good blue aquas every now and then..nice stone!!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2010 1:31:05 PM
Author: Chrono
Gotcha! Yes, the blurry picture shows better saturation. It is going to look awesome in a bezel like Mochi’s WF ring. How about asking WF since they know how to handle softer stones, can do both white and yellow gold, and you know their workmanship will be impeccable?
I was trying to remember if I''d seen WF bezel anything in white gold. Have they done so? I think I will get a quote from them. BGD might do it too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results