shape
carat
color
clarity

Aqua for my momma!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lizzrd02

Rough_Rock
Hello. I am looking for an amazingly well-cut emerald aquamarine for my mother for Christmas. I''m going to give her the gemstone loose and let her pick the setting. She has size 9 fingers so I am thinking at least 2cts. Could this be done for under 200 dollars? Any suggestions? Thanks.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you care if it''s a pale aqua or light blue aqua?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a photo of that last aqua.

GLecaqua.jpg

Lizzrd02

Rough_Rock
Making the grade, I wasn''t very clear in the first post. She wants and emerald cut aqua. She has never seen a beautifully cut aqua before, so I want to knock her socks off! Thank you though for posting those lovely examples. I would love them for myself!
I am ok with a lighter colored aqua but I was hoping for a medium blue. I know that is her color preference. May have to increase the budget to 300? I emailed Jeff White but I have never bought colored stones before so I may be way off on budget.

Lizzrd02

Rough_Rock
Wow I love that emerald cut stone making the grade! It is the perfect color. Thanks.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although if you're looking for an AMAZINGLY cut aqua, I'd go with this one from Precision Gem, Gene's one heck of an artist. This is an older stone, so you might be able to get 10-15% off (he ran a sale like that awhile ago, it wouldn't hurt to ask), even so, it'd be over the budget since it'd be around 300$. But it's sizeable (3.71cts!) and I don't think you'll find a cut like that at any store!

ETA: sorry, I didn't read the Emerald cut part, haha. I still think this is a beautiful stone though, and a variation on the emerald cut so she might like it?

http://precisiongem.com/html/html/Aquamarine.html

pgaqua.png

Lizzrd02

Rough_Rock
Wow. That last aqua is insane! Love it....unfortunately, I think she prefers the glassiness of an EC. The EC you posted is the best I have seen so far. It''s been a lot harder to find than I expected! For such a common gemstone, there aren''t very many online that meet my criteria!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/23/2009 10:55:07 PM
Author: Lizzrd02
Wow. That last aqua is insane! Love it....unfortunately, I think she prefers the glassiness of an EC. The EC you posted is the best I have seen so far. It's been a lot harder to find than I expected! For such a common gemstone, there aren't very many online that meet my criteria!

Haha, so true...

Gemline has a nice return policy, and Michael's a nice guy to deal with. Although I'd still argue for the Precision gem aqua, I bet it is even more stunning in person, and I bet your mom has never seen anything like it! Regardless, let us know what you end up with. And as always, we love pictures! Hehe.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for the one from Gemline because it has that classic EC look that your Mom wants!!

Anyway let us know what you''ve bought and how the project is going!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the GemLine aquamarine since it fits the bill for the cutting style, colour and budget. Great find, MTG.
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Gem Line one is gorgeous.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/25/2009 5:33:15 PM
Author: Chrono
Another vote for the GemLine aquamarine since it fits the bill for the cutting style, colour and budget. Great find, MTG.
36.gif
ditto. What a thoughtful project btw.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2009 9:21:48 PM
Author: D&T
Date: 10/25/2009 5:33:15 PM

Author: Chrono

36.gif
ditto. What a thoughtful project btw.

I agree; this looks like a nice stone for the price. Nice find, MTG!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, well it''s about time my constant gem stalking paid off
3.gif

Don''t forget to ask for your PS discount if you do get it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results