shape
carat
color
clarity

Aqua for a memorial stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nicoleanne

Shiny_Rock
Hello CSers,

I''ve spent more time lurking on this forum than almost anywhere else... I''ve loved seeing your rings (and will post my own soon) but I was hoping for some help.

Recently my aunt passed away after a lifelong struggle with alcoholism. My grandmother has a love for having custom jewelry (usually rings) made, and instead of a card or flowers, I would like to get her an aquamarine (my aunt''s birthstone) as a starting point for a memorial ring or pendant.

In the past she had a birthstone ring made where, instead of an aqua, she used a small blue diamond since she wanted a more intense color. I would be open to using another stone (tourmaline? zircon?) for the color or a special cut in aqua--something her usual jeweler wouldn''t normally be able to source.

The catch is that, ideally, I would like to be able to give this to her when I see her this weekend. That would eliminate having a stone cut.

So... I''d like help from you experts... of the aquas (or other blue stones) you are seeing out there, which would be a nice standalone? I like the couple on Dan''s site, but am not sure which is "better" of the two. Seen any at other vendors you would recommend?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is your budget?

nicoleanne

Shiny_Rock
I would be willing to go up to about $350 but preferably a bit less.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems like you’ll need something ready made and already set, given that you’ll have to add a few days for shipping. That being the case, you’ll have to go with ACStones or ArtCutGems because both Barry and Rick will do simple settings for you if you request it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results