shape
carat
color
clarity

Aqua and green beryl comparison shots

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took some comparison shots of my 8 carat Nigerian scissor cut aqua next to my 4.5 carat green beryl. I''m also showing off the spess since that''s my new favorite ring!! I''m wearing a non-blue shirt, and the sky is overcast (white) and I took these photos around noon, so the sun was high in the sky. Indirect sunlight in all pictures.

Here in the shade. . .

TLaqua_green_orange_shade.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Out of the shade.

TLaqua_green_orange.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another . . .

TLaqua_green_orange2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Further away shot (forgive my nails and ugly fingers)

TLaqua_green_orange_faraway.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue glints in both stones even though it''s an overcast day with a totally white sky, and no blue to be found anywhere.

TLwithblueglintsberyls.JPG

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Those pics are really cool, TL...I love them..great color comparison and contrast...you should go out to eat or to the mall like that...bling!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great comparison shots TL - Man that spess is on Fire
29.gif
I really like it

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I love all of them! I really love that green beryl though, its gorgeous. It reminds me of a really old thread I read the other day about fine Colombian emeralds having a blue hue to them.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the comparison shots. You have beautiful rings. If I had to pick a favorite, it would probably be the green beryl. I like the blues and greens in the stone, and it seems to have a nice personality.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Hey TL I know aqua is not really your fave so if you need to get rid of it I will give you my address and i will dispose of it properly
9.gif
9.gif

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 8:29:19 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Further away shot (forgive my nails and ugly fingers)
Wow! Your Aqua is sooo gorgeous TL.... You never fails to impress us (& make me envy, lol) with your stunning pieces.
2.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great shots and lovely gemstones.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Very nice, I can see the difference. I''m so glad you got a new camera...but you must post more pictures!!!
37.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/4/2009 10:22:08 PM
Author: amethystguy
Hey TL I know aqua is not really your fave so if you need to get rid of it I will give you my address and i will dispose of it properly
9.gif
9.gif
Hey Buddy, you''ll have to get in line for the aquamarine. I''m offering to give it a good home too.
11.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
The cut of the green beryl looks unusual. What is the cut called?

Thanks

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the kind words everyone!!

Amguy, Chrono, I never wear my aqua because it just can''t compete with my cuprians as far as saturation of blue color, and also because the setting is hideous. However since aqua is valued based on tone rather than saturation, it is a nice aqua according to the textbooks, and I should get it a nicer setting one of these days. The other problem is that everyone thinks it''s a blue topaz. LOL!! It''a s true aqua (had it tested).

I don''t know the name of the cut on the beryl, except that it is a precision cut, and I think it was done very well. It has a lot of sparkle factor for a beryl.

As for my spessartite, I LOVE IT, and I haven''t stopped wearing it since I got it set.
3.gif

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks TL. I''ve always wanted to see that, actually. They are all awesome.

A green beryl is on my list. I guess these are best sourced from a vendor as they are rarely posted, right?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/5/2009 8:50:47 AM
Author: oddoneout
The cut of the green beryl looks unusual. What is the cut called?

Thanks
It looks like a scissor cut to me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results