shape
carat
color
clarity

Apt hunting in Manhattan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
Rainbowtrout- Would you honestly want to live in Idaho though? You''ll love NYU (and the surrounding areas)! I went there for undergrad. You will never find yourself bored. And if you like tiramisu...find the little place on McDougal called La Lanterna...its the BEST in the city!
The NYU area is a lot of fun. My fiance went there for undergrad. So many restaurants and yummy dessert places! I used to live on 111th Street and Broadway in college and was renting one room for $600 in someone''s 2 bedroom apartment. My friends and I loved going to diners at all odd hours, and ordering pizza at 2 in the morning. So my fiance and I debated a long time between splurging for Manhattan or moving to NJ or some other suburb, but in the end, there are things in Manhattan that you can''t put a price on (ie: an open restaurant at 4am! Last time he came to visit, we couldn''t find anything open in DC around me at midnight)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe oh if he needs it occupied for 6 months i am SURE we could help him out...hehee.
31.gif

taitai_s

Rough_Rock
Hi elegiun,

111 and Broadway...did you go to Columbia by any chance?
face1.gif

That neighborhood has changed so much since I graduated, which was not too long ago (well, in my mind it was not too long ago..!)

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/14/2006 1:00:56 AM
Author: taitai_s
Hi elegiun,

111 and Broadway...did you go to Columbia by any chance?
face1.gif

That neighborhood has changed so much since I graduated, which was not too long ago (well, in my mind it was not too long ago..!)
Yes I went to Columbia, graduated in 2003. The neighborhood changes drastically every year. When I was growing up, my parents were both grad students there and we lived on 122nd and Broadway. We moved to NJ in 1993 and I came back for college in 1999 and could not even recognize the neighborhood! I haven''t been back in over a year, but I''m sure a lot of the shops and restaurants have gone through some overhaul.

taitai_s

Rough_Rock
Hi eleguin,

Pretty neat that you grew up around Columbia! I graduated a few years ahead of you but still live in the city - from time to time I find myself craving Pertutti''s, so back I go. The food has not changed too much, thankfully. I do miss a lot of the places that have disappeared since I left school.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results