shape
carat
color
clarity

Approximate value of this ring

totallyclueless

Rough_Rock
Dear members,

I feel silly posting about a basic ring, when I see how many other lovely rings with big stones this forum features.
However, can you still help me appraise its value?
It's a 18ct gold ring that I'm buying second hand. The owner had it for a long time but didn't wear it much.
It has small sapphire and diamond stones.

I know this is not much information, but if you can give me low ball and average figures it'd be great. How much would it sell for retail? and how much I should pay second hand.

Thank you

_4423.jpg

harjinder

Rough_Rock
That is a beautiful ring.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you buying this online or will you get a chance to view it in person?
What is the total carat weight of the diamonds? Approximate colour and clarity? Are those diamonds sparkly or clean or cloudy?
Does the owner know if the sapphires are diffused or just heated? Are they blue or so dark as to appear blackish? Are the stones transparent or difficult to see through? What is the total carat weight of the sapphires? Just 3 stones?

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you know the owner ask where it was purchased and if there are any recepits or papers disclosing prince and description of the ring.

totallyclueless

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your feedback guys.
Unfortunately I do not have information about the clarity and carat size of the stones. I'm buying this over the web.
The seller does not have the receipts or certificate, but confirms that it's been bought several years ago from Ernest Jones (box still available). I checked their website and there is a similar ring, but with extra stones and slightly different alignment.

If you were to give a ballpark figure of how much one should pay - assuming let's say that diamonds have inclusions, yellowish color and are not very big (the ring size is L - so it might give you an idea of how big the stones are) - what would that be?

Many thanks

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this from the UK? If so, then the quality of the diamonds and sapphires are not good unless the seller can prove otherwise. Can the seller give a ballpark size estimate in mm of the stones? I wouldn't pay more than $100 for the ring, perhaps less if the stones are smaller than I thought.

HollyDolly

Rough_Rock
If its from Ernest jones I would steer clear. Not a great quality jeweller for this type of item

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
The sapphires appear to be very dark, and standard commercial quality. I would not pay very much for this ring.

jewelryalex

Rough_Rock
Generally speaking, it's hard to guess the value of this ring just according to one pic. ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results