shape
carat
color
clarity

Approx. Price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blk133

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I am on the edge of buying a diamond and I would like to know your opinion.
Since I know nothing about them and haven''t seen a lot of them, the one that I am offered looks good to me.
Round 2.07 H, VS2
GIA
Table 68%
Depth 58.2%
Sym=good
Pol=good
Flur=none
Culet=medium
Girdle=thin-s/thick
Can someone tell me a good price for this diamond?

Thanks,
Blk

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
shape please?

blk133

Rough_Rock
Round shape

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
If I am correct in reading your post, you are looking at a round stone, correct?

The table seems unusually large, especially with depth in the high 50% range. Also, who certified it? That can impact the price.

I ran a quick search on PS and found that 2.01 carats H-VS2 (GIA Cert.) with 66% table and 61.5% depth was running about $20K. A 2.01 carat H-VS2 (GIA Cert.) with 65% table and 56.4% depth was about $15.5k. I would guess the latter stone would be closer to the one you posted because of the discrepancy between depth and table.

For a bit more perspective, a one carat stone with 67% table and 58% depth that was H-VS2 (EGL) was about $4500-$5000/carat. GIA stones often carry a premium in price compared to EGL stones, though.

Those prices really have no impact on what a fair price is for your stone because it depends on so many things, but hopefully that will help you.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I think I would research the cut quality of this stone. The table is very large.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results