shape
carat
color
clarity

appraiser question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bergman311

Rough_Rock
First, let me ask if anyone knows of a really good appraiser in the Nashville, TN area? I already checked the list of appraisers listed on this site, but only saw one listed and would like to have a couple options. Or is it reliable enough to just go to the one listed on this site?

Secondly, I would like to know if it is better to take the diamond to the appraiser already in the setting, or bring it in as a loose diamond? Are there benefits to either one?

Thanks,

Berg

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
An appraiser willhave an easier time and be more able to be accurate with a loose diamond rather than one set into a ring. However, if you have a good lab report already on the unset diamond an appraiser can verify the correctness of the report within a reasonable range of accuracy and provide you some degree of valuable information. I would not recommend removing a set stone before there is any issue of a problem.

Also, should the appraiser say you do have a problem, always go back to the seller BEFORE removing the diamond. Do not put yourself in a position that the seller might claim that you or the appraiser switched the stone. Get permission for the removal or have the seller remove it. This is only for when a problem situation seems to be happening. Thankfully, this is a rather rare circumstance.

travl4me1

Rough_Rock
Cox's Gift and Jewelry in Labanon, TN. 1-40 East about 25 miles outside of Nash. Solon Holt (goes by Shea)

I believe Mr. Atlas knows him, as Shea mentioned taking some seminars Dave was involved in. To the best of my knowledge, he doesn't do light return analysis like some apprasiers but was very thorough. He even allowed me to sit with him for 2 hours and took the time to show me each an everything he was doing.

I'm happy to email you a copy of my report, so you can see what he does do.

Mine were two mounted rings, but the design was very easy for Shea to work around.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, I do know him. Excellent suggestion of who to see for an appraisal....

travl4me1

Rough_Rock
Joe Mackey is in Big Orange country (Knoxville) but an excellent option for Bergman....or anyone on the Eastern side of TN.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results