shape
carat
color
clarity

appraiser okay for this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elvingomez

Rough_Rock
so i met someone trying to get rid of a ring for whatever reason. its looks large and nice, but i dont know if its real, whats the story, or where its coming from. he says i can take it to get appraised if i want, but i wonder why he hasnt done so.
anyways, i think i will take it, but im nervous that he might have stole it or something. will the appraiser know and can i get in trouble?

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/14/2006 2:37:18 AM
Author:elvingomez
so i met someone trying to get rid of a ring for whatever reason. its looks large and nice, but i dont know if its real, whats the story, or where its coming from. he says i can take it to get appraised if i want, but i wonder why he hasnt done so.

anyways, i think i will take it, but im nervous that he might have stole it or something. will the appraiser know and can i get in trouble?

Yeah. I''d just go get it appraised.

The reason he didn''t do it is because he''s a cheapo in all probability. A good appraisal will cost you a little bit of money.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you have any reason to think this ring is stolen I wouldn''t touch it or get involved IMO. Use your money to get a ring without any dubious history and have a clear conscience. This ring might have a heartbroken owner somewhere. This situation could be very difficult if this ring is stolen goods, walk away.

elvingomez

Rough_Rock
yes, you''re right, i just cant get over the fact that it MIGHT be, and i dont want to be thinking of that for the rest of my life

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would forever haunt you knowing there could be a heartbroken owner who it rightfully belongs to out there. Also I don't know what the legalities would be with a stolen ring, being found in possession of one etc, best not to go there at all and run away from this deal. Buy a ring from a reputable source you can feel good about, not possibly off someone elses' misfortune, it will eat away at you otherwise and possibly land you in a difficult situation you would give anything to get out of. I am no expert and I might be wrong, but possibly the ring's details might have been distributed to professionals in the industry, the diamond could be inscribed and identifiable, all sorts of things and scenarios could happen. Don't do it IMO. If this ring has been stolen and you pay for it, it is never rightfully yours, it belongs to someone else from whom it was stolen, and with this being proven and you having possession of it, the legalities could become very troublesome to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results