shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraisal: Ottawa, Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Pscopers:

I already have had my ring appraised by Richard Sherwood. However, I moved to Canada last week and when I tried to get my ring insured here (my U.S. Insurance agency will no longer insure it b/c it is in Canada) they told me I need to get a "Canadian" appraisal to ascertain the value.

I have no idea where to go?? Can anyone help? What about Chubb? Do they have someone in Ontario?

Thank you so much in advance,

fortheloveofdiamonds

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, I didn''t have this problem with my appraisal from GOG. I can''t say who''s good in Ottawa, but if worst comes to worst and you can''t find anyone, EGL Toronto is a good bet. I''ve heard that they do appraisals in addition to the certifications.

dommie

Rough_Rock
Go To gemscan in toronto, they are the best appraisers, if that is what you are looking for.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Daniela: Your Canadian insurance company insured your ring with an American appraisal? Mine won''t?

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, they did. I still actually have to send them my new appraisal from my upgrade in June (I''m pretty lazy, hey?), but yeah, the first time around, they certainly did.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
F.T.L.O.D., if you like I could issue you a revised appraisal under my ''Sarasota Gem Lab International'' name, with the value listed in Canadian dollars. My international customers haven''t reported any problem getting insurance under that format.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2005 6:38:19 PM
Author: Richard Sherwood
F.T.L.O.D., if you like I could issue you a revised appraisal under my ''Sarasota Gem Lab International'' name, with the value listed in Canadian dollars. My international customers haven''t reported any problem getting insurance under that format.
Rich!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really would truly appreciate that!! I''ll pm you with my new address.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2005 5
6.gif
6.gif
8 PM
Author: Daniela
Yeah, they did. I still actually have to send them my new appraisal from my upgrade in June (I''m pretty lazy, hey?), but yeah, the first time around, they certainly did.
You''re not lazy.. It is just hard to fax that baby off with all that extra carat weight on your hand!

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, sorry, forthelove, I forgot to mention that: I specifically asked GOG to put my appraisal in Cdn dollars. That might be why there was not trouble with it.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2005 6:58:22 PM
Author: denverappraiser
Hmmm.

Sarasota. That's in southern Canada isn't it?

Neil Beaty
Independent Appraisals in Denver
Heh heh heh... I formed the Sarasota Gem Lab International branch after receiving so much international business through Pricescope.

Last count I had done business with clients in 19 different countries other than the US. Amazing...

Thanks Leonid.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results