shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraisal - Diamond problems

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cwill

Rough_Rock
I''m from New Orleans (recently relocated to Boston for obvious reasons) and bought a wholesale diamond in N.O. from a reputable seller (still in business in N.O.). I recieved an appraisal with the diamond which classed it as follows:

Shape and Cut: Princes cut

Measurements: 6.83x6.69x4.79 mm

Weight: 1.70 carats

Clarity Grade: S/1

Color Grade: F

The problem I am having is that when I viewed the diamond before purchase it was beautiful and no visible flaws. The wholesaler also had the diamond mounted for me in a simple setting. I got it, looked at it a few times, never very closely, and that was it until I got engaged. Now when I look at it from the side I can clearly see what appears to be a flaw - our research indicates it may be a "cloud" - it looks like a little puff shatter. From the top or table its very difficult to pick up but it can be seen. As I said before when I first picked out the diamond I did not see anything - I even looked at it using the seller''s magnifying glass.

My question is: could the flaw be damage from the mounting? Or could I have a serious problem with the seller?

Could someone please direct me to a reputable appraiser or gemologist in Boston who could look at my diamond and offer me an explanation and some advice.

Thank you.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
In the Boston area you''ve got Jeff Averbrook, Marty Haske, Martin Fuller, Stephen Marino... There''s others that I''m forgetting.

Just look at the top right of your screen, click "resources" and then "appraisers".

The stone may have been damaged but it''s more likely you''re just seeing something you didn''t notice before. The appraiser can tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results