shape
carat
color
clarity

Apple Fritters....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
O.k. oddly enough I woke up at 8 a.m. today and SO suggested that we go get some Dunkin Donuts. (Since we are usually night owls and work the night shift we usually get up at lunch time)

I half-groggily obliged and so we get in the car and head there, get in line and then we were next up to order.

Now, keep in mind we were both not "seasoned" Dunkin veterans since we don''t usually do breakfast, but typically in any other donut shop that SO and I (he from the Midwest and I from the West coast of the US) have been to in our lives, you can get a box of assorted donuts and it includes being able to select an apple fritter as one of your donut choices. (SO''s favorite is the apple fritters).....

So we get to the cashier and we tell her we want a 1/2 dozen donuts, I order a couple and then he orders 2 apple fritters.

The cashier turned around to him and said "Um, that''s not a donut...." in a sarcastic tone. Then quickly follows it with "Uh, that''s not included, it only includes donuts and THAT is not a donut." He had already ordered a sugar donut as a "filler" for the 6th donut and he made her put it back...lol...(She was really rude).

Long story short, this brought me to wonder if DD was the only donut place that doesn''t include fritters in the donut selection. I guess they classify it as an "Other-Fancy" pastry. I can understand bagels not being included...that''s a given...but a fritter?

Oh well, I was wondering how many of you consider an apple fritter a donut selection choice?

O.k. morning rant is done (note to self to stay in bed before noon!!!)
10.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
This is weird, I actually just ate an apple fritter. No kidding. I have not had one in YEARS and yet this morning I had a craving for one. I don't consider it a donut because its so much bigger so I can see why its not part of a regular dozen at DD. Its more of a pastry than a donut. However, there is never an excuse to be rude to costomers. I had one from Starbucks though not Dunkin Donuts.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
a fritter is a fritter; a donut is a donut. no, they are not the same.

movie zombie

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
A donut has a hole, a fritter does not...

and DD does have fritters...last time I went there at least!

Am I shocked that a DD employee was rude? NO.

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think Tim Horton''s would include something like that as a ''donut'' either. They have their regular donuts and then they have pastries - things like strudels, croissants, etc. Still, there was no reason for her to be rude about it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 10:58:36 AM
Author: movie zombie
a fritter is a fritter; a donut is a donut. no, they are not the same.

movie zombie
That is what they told me at DD too. I love Apple Fritters too, it has been soooo long since I had one, yum
18.gif
7.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Lol...

I definitely agree with the fritter vs. donut idea about how it is a pastry....

Thats why when I used to order them back home, I thought they would be an extra charge to be put in the donut box....

I do understand food cost and all of that good stuff too...lol...

I''m just not a morning person...hehehe.

But I''ll admit, apple fritters are good....

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore apple fritters.

My favorite donuts are Krispy Kremes hot out of the oven, the original glazed are awesome.

I am also NOT a morning gal at all. But still think the employees could be a bit more pleasant...

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 11:36:06 AM
Author: diamondfan
I adore apple fritters.

My favorite donuts are Krispy Kremes hot out of the oven, the original glazed are awesome.

I am also NOT a morning gal at all. But still think the employees could be a bit more pleasant...
Lol I agree...Hence why I don't work a breakfast place....

I probably would be fired my first day for yelling at a customer or something....lol....(Not that I am sympathizing with the employee who treated us like crap, but I'd probably be as grouchy...lol)

As for Krispy Kreme, my fave donut there was the Strawberry Filled (but they discontinued it
7.gif
) I do however LOVE the custard filled...those are my fave. And of course, the glazed when the "hot light" is on....

At DD, I love the chocolate glazed....

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
one of the reasons we are here on earth is to eat apple fritters with choclate icing.They are more of a dashish style dessert and not a donut.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I've never had this so-called "apple fritter". This may be because whenever I get a chance to have donuts, my mind is focused on the super yummy glazed donuts with chocolate on top. I just don't understand why anyone would want anything other than that chocolatey goodness!
31.gif

Can't they let the fritter count as 2 donuts or something?

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I *love* apple fritters! I haven''t had one in a really long time either! I totally see where you are coming from. At the grocery store near us where you can pick and box your own donuts from their giant pastry/donut case they have fritters and they are included in the "1 Dozen for $XXX" price. I would have expected them to be included at DD too.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK, I love apple fritters, especially heated up a tad in the microwave. They are not considered a donut though.

Linda

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I used to be an apple fritter junkie. But I don''t think I have has one in eons. They are just to sweet for me now. But I would rather have a fritter than a donut anyday.

Boo, on the rude customer service. There are a million and one ways to educate a customer without resorting to being a snatchface. <-------A word my assistant said one day that had to be explained to me and I have grown quite accustomed to it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results