shape
carat
color
clarity

Anything NON-weight related you hope to fix/improve/orchange before your wedding (even if its not in

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HaloBelle

Shiny_Rock
I for instance have braces. As much as I want to be engaged, the thought of a wedding with braces scares me to death. I know, I''m being ridiculous - I want this, I want that... BUT I am curious if anyone else has something like this?? I haven''t had a proper smile sine I was 6 years old when I lost my first tooth. See I am missing adult teeth that happen to be in the front of my smile and am in the process of getting dental implants and currently have braces. My smile already looks incredibly different and I smile all the time, even with braces. However, to go through all this dental work and surgeries and then to have them in my wedding photos? I would be crushed to have to look at them the rest of my life. so if I get proposed to soon, it will be a long engagement. And that is what I hope for anyways so i suppose I am not being tooooo ridiculous!!

I feel like everyone wants to lose a few pounds before their wedding photos and wedding and there are threads for that already, but is there something else you hope to change?? Or that you hoped to change if you are already married? Did it work out? If not, are you okay with it anyways?!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Yep! I decided to fix my teeth as well. I had braces as a teenager but never wore the retainer so they moved back. I decided over 2 years ago to do something about it. Engagement was on my mind, but i dont think we had even talked about it yet (only been together a year). I got invisalign which was only supposed to take 10 months. It will be 2 years in Feb since i first started and we are only just getting close to finishing.

I am getting married in March! LOL So even though i started doing this way before an engagement was in the pipeline, they are going to only be just finished in time for the wedding.

I wouldn''t worry about having your braces on when you get married too much.. i have heard of people having them removed just for the wedding. And as you said you are planning a long engagement.. you could always plan the wedding for after they are finished.. just be sure to leave enough time for delays and stuff because i have had quite a few.

As far as changing anything else goes.. i had a bit of IPL done to help fix up my skin tone and reduce some old acne scarring i had. But other than that, my teeth were really the only thing i wanted to fix, not only for my wedding day but for my self confidence in general.

And i am really happy that i did!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
I''m not even engaged yet, but I want to have better posture for any future wedding I might have.

I have terrible stooping posture, and I don''t want to be a hunched-over slouchy bride.

I got a yoga ball (for christmas) to sit on while I do computer work, and I''ll try to do some excercises too.

I hope it''s do-able!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 8:34:17 PM
Author: HopeDream
I''m not even engaged yet, but I want to have better posture for any future wedding I might have.

I have terrible stooping posture, and I don''t want to be a hunched-over slouchy bride.

I got a yoga ball (for christmas) to sit on while I do computer work, and I''ll try to do some excercises too.

I hope it''s do-able!

This. I slouch horribly. I switch on and off a yoga ball at work and it''s certainly helping...but I need to strengthen my core. I also would like to tone up my arms and shoulders to look good in that gown!!!

HaloBelle

Shiny_Rock
I am glad to hear your teeth are moving along, even if slowly! I''m sure they will look gorgeous for your photos! I had wondered if people get them removed for the wedding if they have them...lol.

As for the posture ladies, the yoga ball will certainly help. I had excellent posture as a child because of all the baton twirling I did - slouching was NOT an option. I am consciously trying to improve my posture back to what it once was. It is not terrible, just less than what I want. If you will, here''s a small tip I learned in elementary school that works. When you walk - consciously try to hold your shoulders back - it forces good walking posture. It will eventually become habit and you won''t even notice you are doing it!!

Good luck Ladies!!

RoxEHeart

Rough_Rock
I definitely want my hair long for my wedding, past my bra strap length. I also have a mole on my neck i would like removed before then. Pretty vain but I don''t want to have to worry about feeling like everyone staring at my mole on my neck when I''m up there!

HaloBelle

Shiny_Rock
Oh Gosh, I definitely need to grow out my hair for another year at least! And getting the mole removed isn''t vain, do not worry. Plus its practically painless, I''ve had 4 removed for suspected skin cancer (all benign!). :) Best of luck!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
My hair, it has been died too much. I want it brown with blond highlights, but some of the old highlights have faded to a red/brown. I am hoping to get all of the red color out of my hair before the wedding. Me and my stylist have a tentative plan to fix it. We actually started making the plan before I got engaged, but now I have the wedding to actually go though with it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results