shape
carat
color
clarity

Anything materialistic that you love MORE than bling?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1372640740|3475043 said:
SB621|1372638623|3475030 said:
Dee*Jay|1372558369|3474575 said:

EKKKK DEEJay!!! You are the one that started it!!! I need to ask you about Porsche's. I have been looking at the Gray Boxer for awhile now but won't pull the trigger till we know where we are moving next- oh yes and save up for a larger down payment. I'm so jealous! Tell me how much you love your car!>??!?!

Besides bling we travel alot. We try to do at least 1 major trip every year.

I'm not sure I *can* tell you in mere words how much I love this thing! I get up on some weekend mornings at an ungodly hour just to take it for a "spirited drive" in the lightest possible traffic on the express lanes of the highway (which are of a configuration that make it impossible for the cops to hide). I smile like a fool the whole time I'm driving it, and when I hit the accelerator this is me --> :bigsmile: There's just no substitute for PERFORMANCE. I'm sad it took me until the age of 42 to get this thing; to think, I could have been driving a Billy Ray for years now.

So tell me more about your upcoming boxter! :devil:

Ladies, I believe the word you are looking for is Boxster, with an S. Like mine . . . :D

Yes, you will love it the way you have never loved a car before. And once you own one, and circumstances make you give it up, you will someday own another. It doesn't sound true, but it is, 100%.

_7690.jpg

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Bling is great but I have to have a nice home and furnishings. And my yard has to be nice too !

I have a Vette and so does my husband.

I have a weakness for Chanel :)

I don't go overboard on any one thing - yet. If I did, it would be Chanel. And furniture/home after that.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DJ and iLander should race each other for blings.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ilander - please forgive my poor spelling! I absolutely know better! All this CPA studying has made mush of my brain...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1372651554|3475146 said:
DJ and iLander should race each other for blings.

No DF, iLander will take turns driving each other around in our own and each other's cars, and also share each other's bling and sparkle up the streets as we zip along... while guzzling champagne. Wait--that champagne part; only after we get out of the cars!

(Sorry, got lost in a "perfect day fantasy" there for a moment! :lol: )

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As much as I love jewelry, I am another who loves to make things and would rather buy fabric, yarn, notions, canvas, and paint! I also love to garden and don't think twice about spending money that could be spent on jewels on plants or seeds or flowers or gardening equipment.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband is the Porsche lover so I can ride in one when I want!

But there nothing materialistic that I love more than bling. I did and do enjoy buying things for the house, but it is not the thing I enjoy most!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I'm more concerned about getting a house than bling these days, but once that's sorted it's back to bling for me!

I do have other vices: I have 50+ bottles of perfume, 20+ designer handbags and shoes, makeup brushes that cost $300 each. We own a number of cars and bikes (including a harley) and we have 4-5 holidays a year. But nothing beats bling in my books!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rethinking my answer because I didn't even think of my homes. For some reason I didn't think of them as materialistic but I guess they are! I love them more than bling. :halo:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
missy|1372675617|3475215 said:
Rethinking my answer because I didn't even think of my homes. For some reason I didn't think of them as materialistic but I guess they are! I love them more than bling. :halo:

Hehe missy having more than one home may be a TAD more than entirely necessary. :bigsmile:

I'm not surprised you love your homes more than bling: I would too!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1372676752|3475220 said:
missy|1372675617|3475215 said:

Hehe missy having more than one home may be a TAD more than entirely necessary. :bigsmile:

I'm not surprised you love your homes more than bling: I would too!

LOL that's true. :oops: Thanks Rosetta.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
distracts|1372631155|3474959 said:
smitcompton|1372603037|3474737 said:
The other passion or want that I have had is now a no-no by a good portion of the population. I love fur. I've had a seal coat, I have a silver fox coat, and a vintage mink cape. I do scan ads for a full length mink coat. I have bought my niece a gorgeous fox jacket, that she loves, and uses for photographic shoots, where she is a stylist on the shoot.

I have some furs but nothing fancy. Mostly rabbit, but none are as soft as my pet rabbit. I always tell her that if she's a bad rabbit I'll turn her into a muff or a hat. She's not big enough to make anything else. This always appalls people.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Oh my gosh, this is hilarious. I feel like we'd get along very well. (I tell my cats that if they're bad I'll sell them to a restaurant as soup meat.)

SB621

Ideal_Rock

EKKKK DEEJay!!! You are the one that started it!!! I need to ask you about Porsche's. I have been looking at the Gray Boxer for awhile now but won't pull the trigger till we know where we are moving next- oh yes and save up for a larger down payment. I'm so jealous! Tell me how much you love your car!>??!?!

I'm not sure I *can* tell you in mere words how much I love this thing! I get up on some weekend mornings at an ungodly hour just to take it for a "spirited drive" in the lightest possible traffic on the express lanes of the highway (which are of a configuration that make it impossible for the cops to hide). I smile like a fool the whole time I'm driving it, and when I hit the accelerator this is me --> :bigsmile: There's just no substitute for PERFORMANCE. I'm sad it took me until the age of 42 to get this thing; to think, I could have been driving a Billy Ray for years now.

We hope to buy it in the next 2 years (my upgrade set us back quite a bit on my car fund). Debating between the models as I like the 2013 new body style the best but don't mind the 2009-2012 version either. Do you mind contacting me offline. I would love to hear about your buying experience etc and if you purchased from a Porchse dealer vs a luxury car dealer etc. Do you mind? I have some listeining up on LT to email me.

Thank you!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm.

Well, when I have a place to live, I really love decorating it. Rugs, chairs - I'm generally a thrift shop/bargain kind of girl, so add sandpaper, paint, stain, etc. to make the piece mine.

I love books, too, but I have a hardcore addiction to used books, so it's not too terribly expensive a hobby, thank goodness.

Travel is my #1 priority, though. I try to travel internationally at least once a year (having family abroad and a boyfriend in the UK definitely helps, haha). I love getting out of my comfort zone, exploring someplace new, and taking time to do things slowly and deliberately. I love the anticipation of travel - should I see this? Do this? Where should I stay? I love day dreaming about it. There is never a day that goes by that I don't think about where I'll go next, and what I want to see. Travel is my ultimate vice, and the reason that no matter how much I love PS, my bling collection is always going to be fairly modest.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
princesss|1372682312|3475257 said:
Hmmm.

Well, when I have a place to live, I really love decorating it. Rugs, chairs - I'm generally a thrift shop/bargain kind of girl, so add sandpaper, paint, stain, etc. to make the piece mine.

I love books, too, but I have a hardcore addiction to used books, so it's not too terribly expensive a hobby, thank goodness.

Travel is my #1 priority, though. I try to travel internationally at least once a year (having family abroad and a boyfriend in the UK definitely helps, haha). I love getting out of my comfort zone, exploring someplace new, and taking time to do things slowly and deliberately. I love the anticipation of travel - should I see this? Do this? Where should I stay? I love day dreaming about it. There is never a day that goes by that I don't think about where I'll go next, and what I want to see. Travel is my ultimate vice, and the reason that no matter how much I love PS, my bling collection is always going to be fairly modest.

I admit I daydream about travel. This year we have been to Vietnam, Belgium and we are cruising to Sweden, Finland, Norway and Russia in a few weeks. I cannot wait!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1372684657|3475274 said:
Hmmm.

I admit I daydream about travel. This year we have been to Vietnam, Belgium and we are cruising to Sweden, Finland, Norway and Russia in a few weeks. I cannot wait!

Oooh, where are you stopping in Norway? I was in Norway last summer and I loved it!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
princesss|1372685231|3475278 said:
Hmmm.

Oooh, where are you stopping in Norway? I was in Norway last summer and I loved it!

Only in Oslo: any tips much appreciated!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hmmm.

Heh, we may overlap - going to be in Sweden at the end of the month. Which locales will you be visiting?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hmmm.

Heh, we may overlap - going to be in Sweden at the end of the month. Which locales will you be visiting?

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Purses, which is now spilling over into diaper bags. :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't collect pianos but put in me in a store with even a single Steinway and I'll never leave the store. DH had to drag me out of the store during our last vacation as I just lost track of time, playing one piano to the next, comparing the key action and sound quality.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1372685935|3475287 said:
Hmmm.

Really?? Since we are cruising, it's only one day at port. I'll check the dates and get back to you but we don't leave til mid August so we prob wont overlap. Would love to meet you if we did though!

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
nothing over the top really - but makeup is my weakness....i just bought an airbrush system, among other things!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1372689008|3475317 said:
I don't collect pianos but put in me in a store with even a single Steinway and I'll never leave the store. DH had to drag me out of the store during our last vacation as I just lost track of time, playing one piano to the next, comparing the key action and sound quality.

Chrono, perhaps you already know this but ....

There are several pianos that are better than NY Steinways.
Please seek out and try, Bösendorfer, Blüthner, C. Bechstein, August Förster, Steingraeber & Sohne, Fazioli, Grotrian, Mason & Hamlin, Hamburg Steinway.

They are all German except Fazioli is Italian, Mason & Hamlin is American and Bosendorfer is from Austria.
With the exception of Mason & Hamlin and maybe August Förster, they are all more expensive than a NY Steinway.

NY Steinway has been resting on its laurels for 60 or so years.
Yes they are capable of making and do make a FEW superb 7 foot and 9 foot grands, but most of them are very ho hum compared to the brands above.
Also every piano needs 20 to 80 hours of preparation after it leaves the factory by a competent piano technician in the dealer showroom and in the home before and during its break-in period but very few get it because most customers are ignorant.
Steinway dealers are the worst about not prepping their pianos because most are sold to be used as as status symbols, not musical instruments.
Why should Steinway waste thousands of dollars on labor?
If you are aware of this you can insist of full prep, voicing and regulation and you'll get it at no charge.

Also please buy this book. http://www.amazon.com/The-Piano-Book-Buying-Owning/dp/1929145012
Very eye-opening.
You can get SOOOO ripped off buying a new or used piano.
I've heard then used car salesmen get fired for being unethical they are welcomed by piano dealers to sell pianos.

Insiders say that Steinway makes the best piano MARKETING in the world.
They are known to do unethical, or worse, things to force pianists to play only on Steinways, and prevent other brands from being seen on major concert stages and in important music schools.

Sorry bout the threadjack, but whenever I hear someone gush about Steinway this is my involuntary response.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alas I live in a remote area where my options are dreadfully limited. I did get a chance to try a Bosendorfer and it was wonderful. I am doubtful I will ever get the chance to try a Bluthner, Bechstein or a few others. Perhaps it was the piano itself but the Hamlin was not impressive, nor was the Fazioli. A 9 foot grand is too large for my room but 7 foot will fit. :cheeky: Have you ever tried any the above pianos? What is your impression?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono, I love talking pianos.
Soon I'm going to start a new thread so we don't threadjack this one.
I'll move some of yours and my posts over too to get it started.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Travel!!! Just booked a trip for a month from now to the Bahamas with a girlfriend, I'm so excited!

Also, though probably not MORE than bling, shoes and champagne.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not that you can tell from looking at our house, it seems that's where the money goes. It is a fixer upper, and there is always one more thing to do. We renovated the main bath and bedroom about 2 years ago, and this past year year redid the brick patio. We are now looking into changing the small screened back patio into a sunroom. So that is my fun daydream, looking at sites like gardenweb or houzz, etc.

My youngest and I were really trying to win the HGTV "smart home" and daydreaming about having that, but I guess they drove by our house and kept on driving :blackeye:

If you asked my husband, he would probably say comics and musical instruments. We do have a Young Chang upright, but not for bragging rights (we play on it). But I do have to admit when I was picking it out I played a number of pianos and thought for the price range (thousands, not 10 thousands) it was the nicest sounding (even compared to the Yamahas). My parents in law have a mini grand, but I don't remember the brand. According to them it's supposedly worth around 30 grand IF it is properly reconditioned.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
SB621|1372682112|3475255 said:

We hope to buy it in the next 2 years (my upgrade set us back quite a bit on my car fund). Debating between the models as I like the 2013 new body style the best but don't mind the 2009-2012 version either. Do you mind contacting me offline. I would love to hear about your buying experience etc and if you purchased from a Porchse dealer vs a luxury car dealer etc. Do you mind? I have some listeining up on LT to email me.

Thank you!

HI SB- my modus operandi on Porsches has been buying from the Porsche dealer- but I only buy super low mileage CPO cars.
My Boxster had about 1500 miles- and my Carrera had only 900 on it when I bought them.
It takes some searching- and some time, but you can save a tremendous amount over buying a brand new one.
Dealerships won't offer CPO cars that have a "history" in my experience. When you buy a CPO Porsche it's got the same warrantee as a new one (iirc)
Cars that have been in accidents or have had other problems usually go to the "luxury" used car dealers- I'd stay away from those

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madelise -- you never told us what non-bling thing YOU love!

SB -- I *think* I just emailed you; check your inbox.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results