shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone with an iphone? How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, anyone? I am contemplating one and is wondering how user friendly the interface is, the quality of the sound etc..

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. It''s very easy... or at least, no harder than any other phone.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Love it too...easy to use although it takes a while to get used to the texting. I never thought I would like anything more than my blackberry but I do .

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s awesome! I just got one about 3 weeks ago. It''s super easy to use, the sound is actually very good, and I love having real internet. Plus the Maps program with GPS is great and it''s super convenient! I would highly recommend it! I was a bit of a skeptic at first, but once I played with my fiance''s and sister''s I knew I had to have one! So when my contract ran out right before my birthday, my fiance knew what to get me!

I will say that when I first got it the battery was dying pretty quickly, but here''s what I did to fix that, and I haven''t had any problems since:

1. Turn "push" to once every hour. (Sends you your e-mails every hour instead of continuously, and that takes less battery. Mine is my personal e-mail so I don''t need it immediately.)

2. Turn the locate function in Maps off. When you open it again it automatically turns it back on so there''s really no need for it to be on continuously. When you close Maps you have to turn locate back off again.

3. Turn down the brightness on the screen and have the screen shut off after 60 seconds.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
It''s pretty fun, but it''s really not conducive for texting.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you're curious about the functionality (as opposed to battery life, service/reception, etc. etc.) then the best thing is to go try it for yourself at an Apple or AT&T store.

Some people love it, some people don't--and some people (like pennquaker, it sounds like) have a lot more trouble with the keypad than others. I love mine (1st generation, I've had it for 14 months now).

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m enjoying mine. The keyboard takes some getting used to, though. I''m amazed by all the different things it can do.

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely love mine! I''ve got a first generation and it is fantastic! To improve my battery life, I actually don''t have it check for email ever until I go in to check it myself. I usually end up checking it pretty often, but my battery life if usually around 2 days of normal use. I''m almost always around WiFi, so I don''t use the Edge network much, but even the Edge isn''t all that bad. Its fast enough for what I need.

With the new App Store, the possibilities are endless for this phone. This is the only Apple product I own and I got it as a gift, but it is great. I would highly recommend it. If you''re worried about the keyboard, don''t be. Its really easy to use and the autocorrect function is great. I can text much faster than my friends who have other phones and having the real internet is fantastic! Now all we need is for Adobe to create a Flash plugin for Safari for the iPhone and we''ll be all set!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I have the 3G one.

While I love the "idea" of the phone, I found that 3G isn''t as fast as I thought it would be. Just slightly quciker than my husbands. Another thing is the battery life. Not as good as I thought it would be. I''m not the type to remember to charge her phone everyday. It will die by the end of the second day if it hasn''t been charged, even if i don''t use it too much.
I started turning 3G off since it''s constantly searching for it if it''s not available and that''s improved the battery life.

I think it takes amazing pics for a phone, very easy to use and figure out all the features. All in all a good phone except for the battery life.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for all your replies. I will definitely look into this once my current mobile contract expires, which is very soon. And thanks for the tips on how to extend the battery life too..

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have been trying to decide on whether to get an iphone or not. I have stopped in the AT&T store every weekend for a month to play with one! The big drawback for me right now is that you can view spreadsheets and word documents, but you can't save changes. And I fat finger the keyboard. . . that would take some getting used to. Sprint has 2 HTC touch type phones (HTC Diamond and HTC Pro) that are coming out this month and next that I'm going to check out, before I make my decision. Both of the HTC phones have Windows Mobile. I want the iphone so bad that I'm trying to decide if I can live without Windows Mobile. Argh!

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
I just got mine a week ago (16 gig, 3G) and I LOOOOOOOVE it! I told my husband that if i weren''t already married i would marry my iphone (hahaha).
I think you just have to figure out what you want your device to do. I am an internet junkie, so the the draw of being able to access the internet no matter where I was was huge. Also, I wanted gps with turn by turn directions. There are also amazing applications that are free or near free (99 cents to 5 bucks or so) like an entire prescription drug guide with very detailed info (I am an Rn) similar to what I carry around with me, just updated constantly. Also common medical calculations etc. My SIL and BIL are both commercial pilots and I noticed there were quite a few useful apps for them, too. And of course there are all the games and time-suck apps (although my husband loves the one that turns my iphone into a lightsaber......what a nerd =). I also love the easy sms texting. Plus, it is an ipod, so you can have all your music/shows on it. Can you tell I am in love with it????

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I have the first generation one too. I love it for watching movies & tv series when I am bored at work. hehe. It''s easy to use and I like the keypad better than DH''s blackberry. The battery life is pretty bad if Edge is constantly on.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results