shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone with an aquarium, please help me

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I have a 30 gallon tank with a filter with 2 good size goldfish in it. They have lots of room to swim. They started in a 6 gallon, I moved them to a 12 gallon, and now they are in a 30 gallon. They are about 2 years old. I got them for my kids originally but now they have become my fish :) I have really gotten to like them a lot.

How long do goldfish live?

And can I put one more in there with them? If not a goldfish, anything else I can put in there with them?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
30 gal is a small aquarium. goldfish can live maybe like 15-17 yrs. i always had problem keepping gf.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had one that lived 24 years until he jumped out of the tank one night.
He lived in a 10 gallon tank so he stopped growing at 6" long.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 6:48:12 PM
Author:asscherisme
I have a 30 gallon tank with a filter with 2 good size goldfish in it. They have lots of room to swim. They started in a 6 gallon, I moved them to a 12 gallon, and now they are in a 30 gallon. They are about 2 years old. I got them for my kids originally but now they have become my fish :) I have really gotten to like them a lot.

How long do goldfish live?

And can I put one more in there with them? If not a goldfish, anything else I can put in there with them?
The fish hobby is fun, isn''t it?

I would not add another goldfish, or any other fish for that matter. Goldfish are traditionally cooler water fish, so many tropical fish out there typically will need warmer temps. Granted, there are tropical fish that can thrive in cooler water, but I would just avoid it all together. Just enjoy your species only aquarium, as it will be less of a headache for you in the end.

BTW, I had a goldfish live 10 years for me.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Storm, 24 years, wow! What the heck were you doing to keep that fish alive? That is so cool! What a sad way for your fish to die. Did you have a cover on the tank? My tank is covered by a hood that has a light and the filter is hooked onto it as well.

Dancing Fire, size is relative because my friends think my tank is huge LOL.

Omie, yes its fun! It started for my kids and now I have gotten really into it.

What I really like about the goldfish is that they are so big and active and you can see them clear across the room, you don''t have to walk up close to get a good look at them.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 12:10:01 PM
Author: asscherisme
Storm, 24 years, wow! What the heck were you doing to keep that fish alive? That is so cool! What a sad way for your fish to die. Did you have a cover on the tank? My tank is covered by a hood that has a light and the filter is hooked onto it as well.

Dancing Fire, size is relative because my friends think my tank is huge LOL.

Omie, yes its fun! It started for my kids and now I have gotten really into it.

What I really like about the goldfish is that they are so big and active and you can see them clear across the room, you don''t have to walk up close to get a good look at them.
I understand what you are saying. In my 35 gal aquarium, I have a mature angelfish (about 4 years old) that I can see from across the room, is fun to watch.

My goldfish from childhood would have lived longer, but he had an unfortunate accident. Something spooked him and he jumped so high he hit his head on the lid of the aquarium (the lid shot straight up and crashed down onto itself). After that happened, he sank to the bottom of the aquarium without stirring. I could see his gills moving, but he died by morning. It sounds strange, but I was sad because I had him for 10 years and was so used to seeing him in the aquarium.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results