shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone watching the Dr Oz show?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I totally forgot that Dr Mehmet Oz had his own show on CBS. I am watching and taking notes.

So far he has demonstrated how to use a defibrillator, how excess loose skin affects those who lost a great deal of weight, how kidney stones form and what prevents them from forming. He also answers questions from people in the audience and via email to the show''s website.

He just talked about memory loss in menopause and recommended that women do mind games, such as puzzles, sudokus, etc. to keep the mind sharp.
Also, for those breastfeeding moms, breastfeeding doesn''t cause your breasts to sag.

Well, I think he''s awesome.
face1.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I caught about 10 minutes of it yesterday afternoon.

But what I want to know is what did he say about losing excess skin? I have plenty of it on my belly and thighs from huge weight gains during pregnancies and then eventually losing it. Its kinda scary! Did he give any good advice about losing excess skin that does not involve a knife?

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 11:00:55 AM
Author: asscherisme
I caught about 10 minutes of it yesterday afternoon.

But what I want to know is what did he say about losing excess skin? I have plenty of it on my belly and thighs from huge weight gains during pregnancies and then eventually losing it. Its kinda scary! Did he give any good advice about losing excess skin that does not involve a knife?
He had a plastic surgeon on there who basically said that the excess skin must be surgically removed. At first he thought the woman needed about 4 inches removed , but after examining her more closely it came to about 5 - 5 1/2 inches. I believe the woman was once over 300 pounds and now is around 120 ( Dr Oz''s website is not updated yet for today''s show). Apparently the skin cannot retract after such a large weight reduction and can only be removed via surgical means. The surgeon estimated that the surgery was not without risks and would take about 6 - 8 hours and she would heal within 6 weeks, however, a complete recovery would be months.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
The skin is like a piece of elastic, it can stretch, but there is a point where it can over stretch. Once it hits that point, like an overstretched piece of elastic, it will not contract back down.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results