shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone watching Day 1 of the DNC?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm looking forward to what Michelle Obama has to say and a bit curious about what a virtual convention looks like.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I was so moved by the speech of the woman who’s father was a Trump supporter and died of Covid-19. It’s so sad.

And the speech by George Floyd’s brother.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michell Obama. That is all.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I'm such an unabashed Michelle fangirl.....in the past 2 weeks I've been listening to all of her speeches on YT after listening to her book twice. She is so amazing, inspirational, giving, empathetic, caring, self-aware, intelligent, charismatic, moving and just plain awesome. I wish I knew a SINGLE human like her IRL. My husband voted for Dumbo and lied about it...even he was swayed by her. I'm SO glad she is gracing our planet.

ETA: Husband just told me he was voting Dem this time, though he's a Pub. YAY!!!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I knew a SINGLE human like her IRL.

Me too. I would love to know the private Michelle when she can let her hair down and isn't self-censoring as she must do when speaking publicly.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Michelle Obama: Girl of the Southside :kiss2:

Anyone listened to her new podcast at all? I’m a huge fan girl as well and just loved her book.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I Was planning to but just got home an hr ago.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have a question for those of you watching it as i am not really able to except for what i find via Google

what are the Dems offering the working class ?
i see the working class as being the swing vote - primarily the white working class
its not going to take a lot to swing this election either way and that's the demographic I'd be in if i lived in America

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Michelle Obama: Girl of the Southside :kiss2:

Anyone listened to her new podcast at all? I’m a huge fan girl as well and just loved her book.

Absolutely! Looking for it is was led me to her book on audio. Heard it since Day 1. First thing I listen to on Wednesdays now.

If anyone would like to check it.

Me too. I would love to know the private Michelle when she can let her hair down and isn't self-censoring as she must do when speaking publicly.

I would as well. She seems a bit more candid on her podcast.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watched most of it. I thought it was pretty well done for what they had to work with (virtual convention). I could have done without Eva Longoria and some of the music. I liked Michelle Obama; Bernie Sanders; John Kasich; having real people talk.I also liked some of the music.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I watched parts, and loved Michelle Obama. But I had trouble getting into it - its just not the same, although of course it can't be at this time.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
i have a question for those of you watching it as i am not really able to except for what i find via Google

i see the working class as being the swing vote - primarily the white working class
its not going to take a lot to swing this election either way and that's the demographic I'd be in if i lived in America

Access to affordable healthcare.

A fairer taxation system

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I only caught Michelle Obama's speech. She is such an amazing speaker. Love her. She made a great case and I felt like there is hope in our country moving forward if we get Trump out. But it also made me (which I already am) very fearful if we don't.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Demon

Brilliant_Rock

This is just a video, but I thought of you. There's a shot of Springsteen and his wife toward the end. Its twitter, but you can see the video.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems to me they are trying to appeal to moderates rather than the extreme left wing. Problem is plenty will not believe them. I sure don't.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

More taxes so they can spend more of our hard earned $$$.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
It seems to me they are trying to appeal to moderates rather than the extreme left wing. Problem is plenty will not believe them. I sure don't.

With all due respect, Red, I don't think you're their target audience.

ETA: in case that sounded snarky, wasn't meant to be. Just that you strike me as pretty Libertarian and unpersuadable where the Dems are concerned. There's literally nothing on earth that could be said at the RNC that would convince me to vote for Trump, so I'd imagine we're at relatively equal opposite ends of the spectrum.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With all due respect, Red, I don't think you're their target audience.

Don't they want to govern all people? I am one of the people.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Don't they want to govern all people? I am one of the people.

If you didn't see my addition to the first post, please read. Well if they win, they will govern all people, just as Trump does.

Are they trying to appeal to all? I think it's pretty conclusive that 30something percent are unbudgeable, so I would guess they're not trying to grab that demographic. As I would not expect the RNC to tailor their message to appeal to me.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you didn't see my addition to the first post, please read. Well if they win, they will govern all people, just as Trump does.

Are they trying to appeal to all? I think it's pretty conclusive that 30something percent are unbudgeable, so I would guess they're not trying to grab that demographic.

Thanks for the edit.

It was an observation of the tone to the affair on my part. Perhaps they have realized that militant left wing crap will not win them an election.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results