shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone used Peapod before?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Got a flyer in the mail yesterday...the thought of not having to shop for groceries is very intriguing.

Anyone used this service before? pros? cons? really expensive?

Thanks!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are they even still around?

I remember when the craze for all the online stuff spawned a bunch of places like that. We all know what happened to Webvan!

Safeway and Albertsons, our local place, has an order online delivery service kinda thing, but I have never used it. I would have to think ahead and that just is not my thing and also I just can never forget that movie with Sally Fields where her daughter is attacked and killed and it turns out to be Keifer Sutherland, the supermarket delivery guy!!!
40.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
GAH! I forgot about that movie! Forget it man! I''ll go get my own :)

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
My mother has used it for my grandmother when neither could get out to the store. It was very easy and reasonably priced IMO. Like Virginia said, I''m not sure I would trust them with meats and veggies/fruit, but everything else is fine!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just have it delivered to the house next door to yours punchie!!!
31.gif

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
You are too funny Mara!!!

Agreed that these types of services are good for non-perishable items.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I loved Peapod!!!
36.gif
They don''t deliver to my new neighborhood, but I used them for about a year before I moved and they were awesome! And I always thought they did a great job with produce AND meats! The thing I liked about produce.... it all came from a warehouse, not from the store... so it hadn''t been handled and dropped and handled and dropped... I thought it was very fresh and I never got any bruised or discolored fruit or veggies. Plus these guys know what they''re doing.... they work with produce every day! Me? What kind of training do I have?

I found it to be very convenient because I could re-use my orders each week, just adding the new things as needed, changing quantities, etc... It was super-easy, and it really cut down on impulse buys because I was just looking at a computer screen. Plus all the heavy stuff was no problem. Cat litter? A case of soda? 5 gallons of water? No worries!

Now I just wished they delivered to my new house.
7.gif

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/23/2006 10:13:08 AM
Author: sumbride
I loved Peapod!!!
36.gif
They don''t deliver to my new neighborhood, but I used them for about a year before I moved and they were awesome! And I always thought they did a great job with produce AND meats! The thing I liked about produce.... it all came from a warehouse, not from the store... so it hadn''t been handled and dropped and handled and dropped... I thought it was very fresh and I never got any bruised or discolored fruit or veggies. Plus these guys know what they''re doing.... they work with produce every day! Me? What kind of training do I have?

I found it to be very convenient because I could re-use my orders each week, just adding the new things as needed, changing quantities, etc... It was super-easy, and it really cut down on impulse buys because I was just looking at a computer screen. Plus all the heavy stuff was no problem. Cat litter? A case of soda? 5 gallons of water? No worries!

Now I just wished they delivered to my new house.
7.gif
I totally agree.....we use peapod every month and I find the produce is great. I am super picky about grapes & bananas ( I hate any type of bruising) and if it passes my test thats pretty good! I get much better produce online compared to what I find in the stores at times. We do get harder to find, organic stuff from wholefoods but not much. Love peapod!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results